PDA

View Full Version : Smith and Wesson Revolver Armorer

S Jenks
09-08-2018, 12:46 AM
Has anyone attended the Smith and Wesson Revolver Armorer course? If so, would you recommend it? I enjoy shooting revolvers, want to own more revolvers yet know next to nothing when it comes to working on revolvers...aside from installing some Apex springs in a 637.

I’ve been to the Glock and Colt M16 courses numerous times (thanks for a fun few days, Wayne!) as well as the Sig 1911 AC. The S&W website says they cover the fitting of parts, which is what I’d like to learn, although I know that’s starting to leave the armorer level and approaching gunsmith territory. Not a bad thing but I wonder how much they can fit into two days. In short, is this worth the $550 plus motel?

https://www.smith-wesson.com/safety/academy-training/armorers/revolver-armorer

willie
09-10-2018, 02:14 PM
Though I haven't attended, I know many others who have done so over the years. All spoke highly of this class.

S Jenks
09-10-2018, 03:47 PM
Though I haven't attended, I know many others who have done so over the years. All spoke highly of this class.

That’s all I needed to hear, thanks!

R89074
08-13-2021, 10:14 PM
I attended 2 week armorers school at the factory in 1979. One of the best experiences of my LEO time. I still use what I learned as many LEO carry revolvers for off duty and back up and few departments have a staff revolver armorer anymore.
The avatar is a rack of revolvers built by previous classes, critiqued by instructors with notes of what had to be corrected attached to each gun.

OlongJohnson
08-13-2021, 11:35 PM
I wish they'd put their own employees through it before having them build guns.