PDA

View Full Version : Holster for LTT 92 compatible with what other 92?

Ballistic_RT
09-04-2018, 05:09 PM
Hey all, i plan on picking up a LTT 92 as my primary carry after shooting one. That being said id also like to pick up a spare 92 platform for a back up at classes/ night stand for the wife when im gone. Does anyone know what other 92 platform would fit in a holster for the LTT? Assuming a person wouldnt be picking up another LTT Elite as the spare. I plan on the spare 92 also fitting the role as a beater for SIM FOF.

Thanks for any help.

Cory
09-04-2018, 06:11 PM
Hey all, i plan on picking up a LTT 92 as my primary carry after shooting one. That being said id also like to pick up a spare 92 platform for a back up at classes/ night stand for the wife when im gone. Does anyone know what other 92 platform would fit in a holster for the LTT? Assuming a person wouldnt be picking up another LTT Elite as the spare. I plan on the spare 92 also fitting the role as a beater for SIM FOF.

Thanks for any help.

It should fit in any M9A1, M9A3, or Vertec holster. As well as those specifically made for the LTT.

I plan on picking up a Keepers at some point, and toting my Elite LTT and Langdon M9. The M9 doesnt have a rail, but i know Les Pepperoni is using a 92A1 holster for his 92G. If his nonrail pistol works in a railed pistol holster by Keepers then I'm hoping it will for me too.

-Cory

Ballistic_RT
09-04-2018, 10:13 PM
It should fit in any M9A1, M9A3, or Vertec holster. As well as those specifically made for the LTT.

I plan on picking up a Keepers at some point, and toting my Elite LTT and Langdon M9. The M9 doesnt have a rail, but i know Les Pepperoni is using a 92A1 holster for his 92G. If his nonrail pistol works in a railed pistol holster by Keepers then I'm hoping it will for me too.

-Cory

Awesome thanks.

SoCalDep
09-04-2018, 11:25 PM
I have a JMCK Wing Claw for the LTT, and it's a phenomenal holster. I do wish I'd ordered the M9A1 holster because the minor extra length is negligible from a carry/concealment standpoint, and the LTT holster is cut right to the end of the LTT slide/barrel, so an M9A1 or standard 92FS barrel protrudes. That said, the holster will accommodate an M9A1, LTT, or standard 92FS equally and very securely... So now that I know... I'd order the M9A1 holster if you're considering anything other than a flush 4.7" barrel. For me, it just means I get to order another JMCK holster.

CraigS
09-05-2018, 05:57 AM
Swapping back and forth w/ various 92s and holsters I find that most any model will work in a holster for an LTT. The difference is space to accept the rail. Since retention in most holsters is accomplished by gripping the front of the trigger guard, a holster w/ space for a rail will still retain a gun w/o a rail. Depending on how exact a holster is molded, there could be a little bit of slop using it w/ a non-railed gun but not much.

PG3464
09-05-2018, 08:20 PM

-Cory

You are correct that it will fit the M9A1, M9A3, and Vertec. But the 92A1 has a rounded trigger guard and uses its own Keeper holster, Vs. the M9 series has a squared trigger guard. Thats not to say that a 92A1 wont slip into the M9 holsters but it may not be optimal.

Cory
09-05-2018, 08:45 PM
You are correct that it will fit the M9A1, M9A3, and Vertec. But the 92A1 has a rounded trigger guard and uses its own Keeper holster, Vs. the M9 series has a squared trigger guard. Thats not to say that a 92A1 wont slip into the M9 holsters but it may not be optimal.

I never said an 92A1 would fit in an M9 holster. I said I intend to put an M9 into an Elite LTT, and that I know a 92G will fit into a 92A1 holster. Maybe I should have stated that clearer.

This is a topic that I reached out to Spencer about. A little bit before the LTT launch I was PMing with Les, GJM, and Spencer about what holsters could pull double duty for both Langdon guns. On top of emails to Tony from JM before that, and Parker (from Keepers) about it.

-Cory