PDA

View Full Version : RFI: Yankee Hill Machine

Dan_S
09-02-2018, 04:36 PM
As my last thread on the subject of silencers (Re: Griffin) generated some good info being dropped, I figured I’d post another thread requesting info on another manufacturer, YHM.

Any users of their products? Thoughts? Recommendations?

LittleLebowski
09-02-2018, 07:03 PM
Buy in complete confidence, absolutely. PM Hansohn Brothers, tell them I sent you, pick out a can. They’ve been around forever, they are a stable company, their mounts are a bombproof industry standard, their cans are full auto rated, and consider the warranty:

If you destroy the can, by accident or on purpose, YHM will replace your silencer with the same or better, and they'll pay the NFA tax (one time only).

LittleLebowski
09-02-2018, 07:06 PM
https://youtu.be/Uymv1pxtOVs

Kyle Reese
09-02-2018, 07:41 PM
Good to know. I took a chance on a YHM Turbo 556 in February, and am waiting on my appoved F4 from Hansohn. [emoji16]

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Dan_S
09-02-2018, 08:47 PM
For some reason I had a bad impression of the company. Not sure why.

Recently started looking at their products, and am seriously considering pickup up....multiple....items.

Thanks for the info, LL. That video from Hanson brothers, particularly on the resonator, is amazing. I may snag a resonater just to use on a 5.56, after seeing that.

LittleLebowski
09-02-2018, 08:52 PM
.30 all the cans, in my opinion.

YHM has always made good cans, they’ve recently upped their game. I think you’ll like the quote Hansohn gives you and I know you’ll like how fast they transfer the can.

fatdog
09-03-2018, 10:10 AM
I have owned a .30 cal YHM can for about 5-6 years now, could not be happier, like their muzzle devices/mounts too. Thousands of rounds down range, never an issue.

LittleLebowski
09-04-2018, 07:04 AM
Good to know. I took a chance on a YHM Turbo 556 in February, and am waiting on my appoved F4 from Hansohn. [emoji16]

I'd say sometime this month you'll get that stamp. Looking forward to shooting it with you.

Hansohn Brothers
09-06-2018, 07:51 AM

I spoke with them at SHOT and got demo models of the Turbo and Resonator. They impressed me so much with the price versus performance, one of the best warranties in the business and they’ve been in business since 1951; I’m sold on their products. :)

ASH556
09-13-2018, 03:33 PM

Probably because their AR's are garbage and a lot of their accessories (at least used to be) sloppy at best. That said, if LL says their silencer's are gtg, then I won't dispute it; don't have any experience with them.

Personally I have all older AAC stuff; all of which was industry hookup stuff, so it is what it is and works for me for as much as I care (EVO 9, M42K, SDN6, Element 2).

I have always liked the YHM Phantom, though, and wish I could find 2 AAC 51-T Phantom mounts. I know AAC made 18T mounts with Phantoms (I used to have one), but much prefer the Phantom to the "PING" of the Blackout.

jlw
09-14-2018, 08:08 AM
I'm not qualified to comment intelligently on suppressors, but I have dealt with YHM numerous times and have been favorably impressed. I've found the company to be responsive and customer oriented. It is a third generation family owned business.

We bought patrol rifles from them and have been very pleased with them, and I have one of their ARs in .300BLK that I really like.

ASH556
09-14-2018, 12:44 PM
I'm not qualified to comment intelligently on suppressors, but I have dealt with YHM numerous times and have been favorably impressed. I've found the company to be responsive and customer oriented. It is a third generation family owned business.

We bought patrol rifles from them and have been very pleased with them, and I have one of their ARs in .300BLK that I really like.

Chief, I'd like to further qualify my statement on the previous page for the sake of propriety. I've made the following specific observations of Yankee Hill (YHM) products over the years:

- Their free-float quad-rail handguards were notoriously out of spec such that accessories would not fit properly.
- On their rifles I have observed:
-Improper Gas Key staking
-Lack of or improper castle nut staking

There are certain things I believe should be done certain ways with AR's in terms of assembly and I am passionate that they be done "correctly" because I've seen the catastrophic fallout of them being done incorrectly or not at all.

"Garbage" was probably a bit strong, though.