PDA

View Full Version : Mechanics of the LEM trigger

boing
09-01-2018, 04:11 PM
I'd like to get a detailed (visual) idea of how the moving parts in the LEM trigger/hammer work together. One of those nifty CAD animations would great, but I haven't been able to find one. All I've found are static exploded views or cut-aways, and they're not really useful. Thanks.

LockedBreech
09-01-2018, 05:49 PM
I'd be interested too! I just got my first LEM, a P30 with the light V1 LEM, and I really like it a lot. Quite a bit lighter than I expected it would be. I wanted it as close as possible to my striker triggers for consistent training, and I think it hits that mark well.

Sero Sed Serio
09-01-2018, 10:23 PM
I'd be interested too! I just got my first LEM, a P30 with the light V1 LEM, and I really like it a lot. Quite a bit lighter than I expected it would be. I wanted it as close as possible to my striker triggers for consistent training, and I think it hits that mark well.

*ACKNOWLEDGES THREAD DRIFT*

How are you liking this combo? I'm in the process of culling the herd a bit, and am pretty much committed myself to HK and Glock. I've tried LEM a few times in the past and struggled with it, but I also don't feel like I gave it much of a chance. Does the LEM (and specifically the light LEM) pair well with striker guns so that they can be companion pieces?

RND
09-01-2018, 10:31 PM

Does the LEM (and specifically the light LEM) pair well with striker guns so that they can be companion pieces?

NO!

RND
09-01-2018, 10:32 PM

Does the LEM (and specifically the light LEM) pair well with striker guns so that they can be companion pieces?

........NO!........

RJ
09-01-2018, 10:34 PM

How are you liking this combo? I'm in the process of culling the herd a bit, and am pretty much committed myself to HK and Glock. I've tried LEM a few times in the past and struggled with it, but I also don't feel like I gave it much of a chance. Does the LEM (and specifically the light LEM) pair well with striker guns so that they can be companion pieces?

Not in my (small) experience.

I attempted to carry a P30SK LEM and shoot a VP9 in USPSA.

It messed with my head. I sold both and bought a G19.5/G26.5. I’m much happier.

LockedBreech
09-01-2018, 10:51 PM

I can't speak to it until I have some serious range time, so I'll reserve for now. It does seem to pair better than a standard DA/SA trigger simply due to first-to-last-pull consistency and lighter weight, but we'll see.

Guinnessman
09-02-2018, 07:29 AM

I find that when I dedicate the majority of my time to my LEM P30’s, transitioning to the VP9 is a piece of cake. YMMV, but I feel the P30 and VP9 complement each other well, as long as you dedicate most of your time to LEM.

I have went to the range numerous times to compare the LEM HK’s to the VP9 in order to justify ditching my VP9’s. The data has made me keep the guns I have tried to hate.:p. If only the VP9 had a Gadget.........;)

cgff
09-02-2018, 09:24 AM
Haven’t seen any of the animated diagrams, but a look over on the HK forum may lead too one?

As far as triggers being I’m a big fan of the lem and light lem, I’d equate it to that of a decent revolver trigger with the ability of being on single action mode with 15 or so rounds at your disposal.

HCM
09-02-2018, 12:22 PM

The closest thing to a good pairing for LEM is a DA revolver..

Sero Sed Serio
09-02-2018, 02:54 PM
Thanks for all the replies. I think that pretty much clears it up with where I'm going to go (or not go) with the HK side of things, considering the Glocks will be primary.

LockedBreech
09-02-2018, 10:08 PM
The closest thing to a good pairing for LEM is a DA revolver..

See, owning a few DA revolvers, I disagree. It's much lighter. That weight is a big factor for me, more than length of pull. I've always shot only middling well with revolvers because the heavy DA pull throws me a lot.

einherjarvalk
09-02-2018, 10:51 PM

My experience from currently doing the same thing is that the LEM pairs well with a DA/SA version of the same gun, with which you'd treat the LEM like the SA part without the need to carry it cocked and locked. It is much less forgiving than the SA from my perspective, but I feel more confident shooting it faster for some reason.

HCM
09-02-2018, 11:08 PM
See, owning a few DA revolvers, I disagree. It's much lighter. That weight is a big factor for me, more than length of pull. I've always shot only middling well with revolvers because the heavy DA pull throws me a lot.

The LEM is unique but the theory of shooting the DA trigger well - pulling through and not staging, is the same as the theory of shooting the LEM well.

LockedBreech
09-02-2018, 11:35 PM
The LEM is unique but the theory of shooting the DA trigger well - pulling through and not staging, is the same as the theory of shooting the LEM well.

That makes sense. I guess I've just never been able to do it properly with heavy DA triggers. Blame the tiny bit of early onset arthritis in my inferior trigger finger (or just a lack of sufficient training).