PDA

View Full Version : Glock 19X for Carry Optics

GJM
08-20-2018, 12:15 PM
YVK loaned me his new 19X slide direct milled for a DP Pro. Shot it for the first time today, and initial impressions were quite favorable, comparing it to a 34 also direct milled for the Pro. Here is a video shooting the same drill with both pistols. The 19X seems to track very flat. I always liked the 19 in CO, but felt the short grip was limiting. Rainy/windy today limited our range session, but I look forward to more testing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-6CEsVA5w8

EVP
08-20-2018, 12:30 PM
Good to see GJM, as I pick up my 19x today. I plan on down the road adding a RDS.

How have your deltapoints been treating you?

GJM
08-21-2018, 04:37 PM
Good to see GJM, as I pick up my 19x today. I plan on down the road adding a RDS.

How have your deltapoints been treating you?

I have had great luck lately, as I haven’t broken one since April. Mostly used direct milled installations, which I believe contributes to their longevity.

Just back from the range where I shot about 500 rounds on the same target arrays with the 19X/Pro and Gen 4 34/Pro. Subjectively, the 19 felt flatter and more abrupt while the 34 felt softer with slightly more slide movement, but I really couldn’t tell a quantifiable difference between the two in terms of time and accuracy. Which you pick really gets down to personal preference in slide length, and either is a fine choice for Carry Optics.

JSGlock34
08-21-2018, 05:30 PM
I think the additional appeal of a 19X is the potential for a factory 'Roland Special' solution. Glock already has the 'legos' - which boil down to a threaded barrel and MOS slide - it just needs to assemble the complete package. All the customer will need to add is an optic, compensator, and light. Boom.

Magsz
08-21-2018, 05:42 PM
I have a 19X waiting for milling. However, im holding out for the release of the Aimpoint mini RDS or the Agency Adapter plate system before I take the plunge.

Given how the slide reciprocates nicely on the 19X with Irons i would imagine its fantastic with a red dot as there is VERY little oscillation of the front of the gun.

YVK
08-21-2018, 06:54 PM
Just back from the range where I shot about 500 rounds on the same target arrays with the 19X/Pro and Gen 4 34/Pro.

Thanks for breaking that thing in, bro. I thought that the cerakote was slightly too thick on the 19X frame. I am sure now it has gotten smoother.

Your reports make me happy about choosing the 19x. Gen4 34 I would've wanted to remove finger grooves, Gen5 34 can't be directly milled. I presume that Gen5 17 would be just fine for a direct mill and has no grooves. I am not sure what I like less, front strap cut out of G17.5 or front strap lip of 19x.

cornstalker
08-21-2018, 07:52 PM
YVK loaned me his new 19X slide direct milled for a DP Pro. Shot it for the first time today, and initial impressions were quite favorable, comparing it to a 34 also direct milled for the Pro. Here is a video shooting the same drill with both pistols. The 19X seems to track very flat. I always liked the 19 in CO, but felt the short grip was limiting. Rainy/windy today limited our range session, but I look forward to more testing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-6CEsVA5w8

Was that on your chopped 19x, or a stock configuration? I am assuming full length based on your comment about the 19 grip being to short. Just wanted to ask.

And...holy shit your draw is quick!

CalmlyDeMented
08-22-2018, 03:48 PM
Who is the current go to for milling slides for a RDS?

Bart Carter
08-22-2018, 04:36 PM
Although I mill my own, through different research I would recommend either L&M or Primary Machine. There are other good places but I don't have enough info on them.

JBP55
08-22-2018, 06:30 PM

Primary Machine comes highly recommended by many in my area.
I will be using them as soon as I decide on which pistol and dot.

Trukinjp13
08-22-2018, 06:51 PM

Atei is awesome. I have used them and a few friends have as well.

CalmlyDeMented
08-22-2018, 08:12 PM
Thanks for the suggestions, I’ll check them out.

GJM
08-22-2018, 08:21 PM
Primary Machine has done three direct mill installations for me this summer, and I have three slides with them now. They have turned them in a week to ten days and do great work.

CalmlyDeMented
08-22-2018, 08:29 PM
Primary Machine has done three direct mill installations for me this summer, and I have three slides with them now. They have turned them in a week to ten days and do great work.
Awesome. Thanks.