PDA

View Full Version : Louisiana AG Denies $600M to Banks Over Gun Control

RoyGBiv
08-17-2018, 11:25 AM
Louisiana Attorney General Denies $600 Million to Citibank, Bank of America Over Gun Control (https://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/08/16/louisiana-attorney-general-denies-600-million-to-citibank-bank-of-america-over-gun-control/)

Louisiana Attorney General Jeff Landry and the state’s Bond Commission denied $600 million to Citibank and Bank of America over the gun control stance adopted by both companies

LorenzoS
08-17-2018, 11:59 AM
I'm glad to see this but it's still barely a rounding error out of the almost $4 trillion muni bond market. NY and CA unfortunately wield a ton more clout here.

TAZ
08-17-2018, 01:15 PM
I’d like to see more if that along with law suits for anything they can think of. Civil rights violations, equal protection.....

Redhat
08-17-2018, 01:49 PM
Now if he can get some other states to join in it might have an impact

blues
08-17-2018, 02:51 PM
Still, the man and the effort deserve credit and I hope he will inspire others to grow a pair as well.

I say well done, sir.

GardoneVT
08-17-2018, 03:08 PM
The Louisiana Bond market is hardly a financial deal breaker for those banks. Even if every pro gun municipality dropped these behemoths from bond talks, they’d just do business with folks overseas. I doubt the municipal governments in Europe oppose an anti gun corporate stance.

RoyGBiv
08-17-2018, 03:44 PM
The Louisiana Bond market is hardly a financial deal breaker for those banks. Even if every pro gun municipality dropped these behemoths from bond talks, they’d just do business with folks overseas. I doubt the municipal governments in Europe oppose an anti gun corporate stance.

or... they could do nothing and nothing would change for certain.

GardoneVT
08-17-2018, 04:11 PM
or... they could do nothing and nothing would change for certain.

Nothing will change anyway, besides the ability of municipalities to fund necessary capital improvement projects. If you’re going to protest, make sure the protest is effective.

RoyGBiv
08-17-2018, 05:04 PM
Nothing will change anyway, besides the ability of municipalities to fund necessary capital improvement projects. If you’re going to protest, make sure the protest is effective.

Putting your (taxpayers) money where your mouth is can sometimes inspire others.

Goethe: ‘Be bold and mighty forces will come to your aid.’

trailrunner
08-17-2018, 05:39 PM
If you’re going to protest, make sure the protest is effective.

This is not my logic when I vote libertarian.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk