PDA

View Full Version : I'm Screwed: Thanks Wilson Combat!

gomerpyle
08-15-2018, 01:36 PM
I'm screwed. Wilson Combat just announced their newest Beretta Release, the 92G Vertec Brigadier Tactical:

https://shopwilsoncombat.com/Beretta-_-Wilson-Combat-92G-Vertec_Brigadier-Tactical-9mm/productinfo/BER-92VT-9/

It's in the configuration I've always hoped for.......

DAB
08-15-2018, 02:11 PM
$1495 plus shipping and FFL fees. how many do you want?

rob_s
08-15-2018, 02:27 PM
That looks pretty nice.

How would this compare to, say, a similarly priced CZ? Pros/cons?

BCG
08-15-2018, 02:54 PM
I'm screwed. Wilson Combat just announced their newest Beretta Release, the 92G Vertec Brigadier Tactical:

$1495 plus shipping and FFL fees. how many do you want?

Eight years ago, I sold my Beretta 92G Elite IA for $700. It is one of the few guns I regret selling.

This isn't helping.

gomerpyle
08-15-2018, 03:13 PM
Eight years ago, I sold my Beretta 92G Elite IA for $700. It is one of the few guns I regret selling.

This isn't helping.

I hear you. The Elite IA was a grail for me. Until now.

Remember, you sold it for a reason!

Bucky
08-15-2018, 03:42 PM
Wilson is going all in on these “Elite” Berettas. Nice.

BCG
08-15-2018, 03:49 PM
Remember, you sold it for a reason!

Thank you. Whenever the siren song of a gun I sold calls to me, I sometimes need to be reminded of that.

LHS
08-15-2018, 03:50 PM
Nice.

I keep hoping WC will somehow get BUSA to make a Compact frame with a full-size Vertec upper. That would be my grail 92.

SeriousStudent
08-15-2018, 07:39 PM
I am new to the Beretta tribe, so please be kind.

I have a Vertec with a G lever, and Langdon/Wilson parts inside it. What is the difference between what I have and the new hotness?

Thanks very much.

pastaslinger
08-15-2018, 07:47 PM
Interesting... So instead of having Beretta make vertecs for them, they just converted brig tacs... The backstrap checkering is impressively high but for the money I'd go with one of the other Wilsons

GJM
08-15-2018, 07:59 PM
For me, the Vertec frame points quite a bit different than a regular 92. I thinks folks typically prefer one or the other, but are not ambivalent. Nice that Wilson is giving folks options.

Bill
08-15-2018, 08:19 PM

I have a Vertec with a G lever, and Langdon/Wilson parts inside it. What is the difference between what I have and the new hotness?

Thanks very much.

Welcome to the cult...er.....club! Aside from a few branding and cosmetic differences, the main difference will be the inclusion of the brigadier slide instead of the standard vertec slide.

I'm in a simliar boat as you. I have a tan M9a3 with a Langdon Trigger job in it, and a flush but barrel, and it checks all these boxes. Especially since I've determined that I like the standard slide profile's shooting characteristics over the Brig slide. . .

A-Train
08-15-2018, 08:55 PM
Wow! That is a nice pistol. Got to love the Berettas and Wilson is doing them right.

opmike
08-15-2018, 09:19 PM
With that price, thank god I'm not a fan of Vertec frames. If this thing was a PROPER 92 compact, I'd be on a ramen diet for a while, however...

Sensei
08-16-2018, 07:45 PM

Thanks very much.

The heavier / thicker brigadier slide will give you a noticeable reduction in felt recoil. I’d say 30% or so if I had to put a number on it.

Prdator
08-16-2018, 08:19 PM
I cant shoot the Vertex frame for nothing... and then put a Brig slide on it... Yeah Ill take my LTT Elite Everyday !!

MSparks909
08-16-2018, 09:24 PM
The heavier / thicker brigadier slide will give you a noticeable reduction in felt recoil. I’d say 30% or so if I had to put a number on it.

Respectfully disagree. Don’t really notice a big recoil reduction when shooting my Brig slide guns next to my standard slide 92s...but I do notice the extra sight bounce when tracking the sights while shooting quickly due to the increased slide mass. YMMV but to me I’ll take a standard slide 92 over a Brig slide 92 any day.

Sensei
08-16-2018, 09:34 PM
Respectfully disagree. Don’t really notice a big recoil reduction when shooting my Brig slide guns next to my standard slide 92s...but I do notice the extra sight bounce when tracking the sights while shooting quickly due to the increased slide mass. YMMV but to me I’ll take a standard slide 92 over a Brig slide 92 any day.

I suppose felt recoil is subjective. I certainly notice it.

SeriousStudent
08-16-2018, 09:52 PM
I cant shoot the Vertex frame for nothing... and then put a Brig slide on it... Yeah Ill take my LTT Elite Everyday !!

That amazes me, after watching you center-punch a horse fly dancing on a target. Repeatedly. :)

I'm definitely sold on the LTT trigger job. Myself and another member here are going to ship a box full of pistols to him in a few weeks.

SeriousStudent
08-16-2018, 09:53 PM

Hmmm, interesting. How much harder is it to track down a holster for it?

It is nice scoring used M9 Kydex for cheap prices on the EE.

Sensei
08-16-2018, 09:56 PM
Hmmm, interesting. How much harder is it to track down a holster for it?

It is nice scoring used M9 Kydex for cheap prices on the EE.

JM Custom can hook you up if your current holsters won’t fit.

SeriousStudent
08-16-2018, 09:57 PM
Thank you, kind sir.

Prdator
08-17-2018, 03:12 AM

having shot them side by side I think the Brig has as much or more recoil and for me and at least and several others it will also cause the muzzle to dip quite a bit as the slide goes forward, if shooting Fast and Accurately is your goal then IMHO the LTT Elite, is the best route to go, or a good route in the 92A1, M9 etc.

And they aren't on the website yet but we make most all the Beretta Holsters.. LTT Elite, M9A1/3, 92FS/M9, Brig, Cen Tac PX4 Compact cary PX4 Cary

GardoneVT
08-17-2018, 11:26 AM

This.

Shooting my Wilson Combat M9A1 against a Brigadier Tactical actually biased me against the Brigadier. Based on my subjective impressions and measurable shot timer metrics, the bigger slide is more weight to haul around on both target transitions and on the draw. There is a small reduction in felt recoil between the guns, but the standard 92FS is a already a pussycat compared to a Glock 22 in this area (to say nothing about the heavier frame railed 92s) - so to me the additional reduced felt recoil is not worth the mass induced performance penalty.

HopetonBrown
08-17-2018, 11:42 AM
but the standard 92FS is a already a pussycat compared to a Glock 22

Yes, 9mm often recoils less than 40 S&W.

GardoneVT
08-17-2018, 12:00 PM
Yes, 9mm often recoils less than 40 S&W.

Congratulations, you can read. Please wait 7-14 business days for your gold star to arrive in the mail.

tgoldie00
08-17-2018, 02:12 PM
I think what is nice about this offering is that is really only comes in one flavor, as opposed to the 2 flavors of the previous Brig Tac and the Centurion Tac - that meaning having gone to Wilson to have the grip conversion, they also provide the Action Tune and Chrome Silicone Spring Kit as well out of the box (versus a straight from Beretta at Wilson Spec - OR - Action tuned versions). At $1450 that is actually a reasonable value all said and done considering the amount of work. As to liking the grip angle, that is up to the user - but to me, this departure into a single "loaded" offering is a smart move by Wilson - it will tidy up the offerings and make it a more marketable premium offering.

Gadfly
08-17-2018, 02:17 PM
I don't need one. I don't shoot the Berettas I have, but I want one. Along with an LTT one, and a Black M9A3... none of which I need.... But I want.

JimLob65
08-17-2018, 02:29 PM
I think what is nice about this offering is that is really only comes in one flavor, as opposed to the 2 flavors of the previous Brig Tac and the Centurion Tac - that meaning having gone to Wilson to have the grip conversion, they also provide the Action Tune and Chrome Silicone Spring Kit as well out of the box (versus a straight from Beretta at Wilson Spec - OR - Action tuned versions). At $1450 that is actually a reasonable value all said and done considering the amount of work. As to liking the grip angle, that is up to the user - but to me, this departure into a single "loaded" offering is a smart move by Wilson - it will tidy up the offerings and make it a more marketable premium offering.

Has it been esteblished that this pistol comes with the action tune as standard? I see where the web site states it comes with the 13lb chrome silicon mainspring like provided with the action tune, but not that it comes with the complete action tune.

tgoldie00
08-17-2018, 02:38 PM
Has it been esteblished that this pistol comes with the action tune as standard? I see where the web site states it comes with the 13lb chrome silicon mainspring like provided with the action tune, but not that it comes with the complete action tune.

Interesting....you may be right...thought I read it somewhere. Interestingly, what is specifically mentioned is that no additional services are available prior to shipping....seems to imply but not state explicitly. Will try to find where I read that directly.

JimLob65
08-17-2018, 02:44 PM
I noted like you did that there was nothing else offered with the pistol. The pictures show a mag guide but I didn't see it listed in the description either.

Looks like a great offering but between getting my Cen Tac and Langdon LTT I just don't think I can swing another primo Beretta!

Mjolnir
02-06-2020, 10:27 AM

https://shopwilsoncombat.com/Beretta-_-Wilson-Combat-92G-Vertec_Brigadier-Tactical-9mm/productinfo/BER-92VT-9/

It's in the configuration I've always hoped for.......

Yeah, I need this.

I do not know why.

I just know that it’s been whispering my name.

[emoji2375][emoji3064]... [emoji3059]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk