PDA

View Full Version : Your Off Duty Carry

Hot Cereal
08-10-2018, 04:53 PM
Right now I'm carrying a 23, spare mag, small flashlight and a pocket knife, nothing fancy. What is everyone else carrying?

Kyle Reese
08-10-2018, 04:54 PM
Glock 17 Gen 5, spare mag, blade, flashlight and TQ.
Right now I'm carrying a 23, spare mag, small flashlight and a pocket knife, nothing fancy. What is everyone else carrying?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

RJflyer
08-10-2018, 05:02 PM
G19.5

Dos Cylindros
08-10-2018, 05:28 PM
Gen 4 G19 in JM Custom AIWB holster, spare G17 Mag in JM mag pouch and the ever present Benchmade Griptillian.

KeeFus
08-10-2018, 05:28 PM
S&W J-Frame in a pocket holster in my right pocket and 2 speed loaders in the left pocket or Glock 17 in a JMCK AIWB holster with a reload in my left pocket. Streamlight ProTac 2L-x in left front pocket and a Spyderco Delica in the right pocket.

TheNewbie
08-10-2018, 05:49 PM
It was an LCP in a pocket holster.

Now it's a Glock 26 (with NY1 trigger and a gadget), spare mag, small light and a graith belt.

jnc36rcpd
08-10-2018, 06:42 PM
I carry the issue FNS-9 in a Galco Summer Comfort or J.M. Custom IWB 3, spare magazine and handcuffs in a 4LEO carrier, and a Powertac E5. Knife has varied since I lost my off-duty Spyderco Delica, but I'll probably eventually replace it with another Syderco. Old body armor and an IFAK are in the personal car.

When I retire, I'll keep the set-up, but transition to a Gen 5 Glock 19.

Hot Cereal
08-10-2018, 07:13 PM
23.3 loaded with 165HST, Jetbeam SF-AA01 and a Delica 4.

Is anyone constrained by policy when making your off duty choice(s)? I'm lucky. I'm not constrained and am able to qualify with my off-duty piece and have my scores recorded.

WobblyPossum
08-10-2018, 07:27 PM
G19-5 and one or two spare mags, Shivworks Clinch Pick, Klarus XT2C light, Sabre Red Spitfire pepper spray, SOFTW tourniquet, Quick Clot Combat Gauze. If I’m visiting a ban state, I substitute a G26 for the G19.

I’m allowed to carry anything I want off duty so long as I qualify with it and the make, model and serial number are on record with my agency. I chose Glocks because I work for a Glock issuing agency.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sammy1
08-10-2018, 07:34 PM
G43 IWB

TC215
08-10-2018, 07:41 PM
Same thing I carry on-duty: Glock 19.5, spare mags, and a light.

Occasionally I’ll carry a G43 and a spare mag while I’m off.

jnc36rcpd
08-10-2018, 07:43 PM
We can qualify with a pistol or revolver in .380, .38, 9mm, 357, .357SIG, or .45. Anything that passes armorer review is good except the dreaded single action only pistols. I have been tempted to point out that some striker-fired pistols are arguably single action only, but I was friends with the firearms training coordinator who implemented the policy.

Hot Cereal
08-10-2018, 08:00 PM
Klarus XT2C light

How do you like the light? I have an XT1C and find it OK, except I don't like not having momentary on function from the E-switch.

Hot Cereal
08-10-2018, 08:34 PM
I have been tempted to point out that some striker-fired pistols are arguably single action only, but I was friends with the firearms training coordinator who implemented the policy.I agree. More or less they are.

KevH
08-10-2018, 09:03 PM
Off duty? Same thing I have for the past ten years...J-frame on my ankle or in my pocket with a speed strip and a Swiss Army knife.

I realized early on that if I said I would "only" carry a larger gun that I would give myself an excuse to not carry at all. Carrying a J-frame has become a part of me.

Very rarely I'll carry my duty gun off duty as well. Been thinking about trying to switch from the J to a Shield, but I'm just too damned comfortable with the J.

HCM
08-10-2018, 09:18 PM
23.3 loaded with 165HST, Jetbeam SF-AA01 and a Delica 4.

Is anyone constrained by policy when making your off duty choice(s)? I'm lucky. I'm not constrained and am able to qualify with my off-duty piece and have my scores recorded.

We can only have two handguns authorized from our approved list of duty weapons. The two can be any combination of GOV issued or personally owned from the approved list. Right now I have a POW duty gun, a Gen 4 G17, stock except for HD sights and a S&W M&P 340 BUG. Off duty carry on credentials must be with one of the two authorized guns younare currently qualified on. We qualify quarterly.

The G17 is my primary carry on and off duty. The 340 sees off duty use as a pocket gun around the house, doing yard work, walking the dogs etc.

Benchmade folder and Surefire Tactician flashlight round out the off duty carry.

If we want to carry something else off duty we must do so on a CHL.

FNFAN
08-10-2018, 09:19 PM
642 in the pocket or a G23 Gen2 in a JMCK OWB and whichever blade catches my fancy that day.

BobM
08-10-2018, 09:31 PM
M&P9 2.0C typically with one, occasionally two spare mags, J frame in a pocket. Off and, a TDI knife, need a better sheath.

Lost River
08-10-2018, 09:46 PM
Today it was a 4506, a spare mag and my old Emerson folder. Purely Because.

Yesterday it was a 4563 TSW and my old Emerson Purely Because.

http://i.imgur.com/5JwTGVe.jpg (https://imgur.com/5JwTGVe)

http://i.imgur.com/egRWOQC.jpg (https://imgur.com/egRWOQC)

Tomorrow I will probably go back to the practical plastic.

Today I was fiddle fingering my 4506 and I have to say that it is one of those rare guns that is "just right". The trigger itself is polished smooth, the sights are nice, the action is decent, it is easy to shoot well, and it is very accurate, the narrow checkered grips allow a solid, firm grip. I actually even enjoy the traditional DA/SA action on it for threat management reasons. It is just a cool gun.

Detective Ludlow knew his guns!

BehindBlueI's
08-10-2018, 09:55 PM
Not much different then on duty, 17M, one spare magazine, a knife with a window punch. I did carry a TQ and cuffs on my ankle, but my ankle carry thing is totally worn out and I've not gotten around to replacing it. Now I just carry the cuffs with the spare mag. I need to get the TQ back on board, more important than the spare mag statistically.

If I'm going to jog or something, LCR + speed strip + knife.

I don't carry a small flashlight any longer unless I intend to be out after dark or am going to a large mostly windowless building (ie, a mall). I learned that I can use my cell phone as a flashlight. My Samsung has a little button you push and the camera flash turns on pretty bright.

Sigfan26
08-10-2018, 10:38 PM
Detective Ludlow knew his guns!

As did detective Mackey and Officer Alonzo. Buddy of mine still says the 4506 was probably the best pistol S&W ever produced (and one of his favorite duty guns before it was disapproved)

Lost River
08-10-2018, 11:27 PM
The 4506 is a pretty freaking amazing gun.

If today's generation of gun savvy cops ever really discovers them, they are going to get even more expensive, and clean examples will be even more scarce, not to mention the mags.

Hot Cereal
08-10-2018, 11:48 PM
I had a 4566 years ago that I foolishly traded away. It was a really nice gun. I've never come around to carrying cuffs off duty. I don't when I'd ever use them. I can't think of anything important enough to jump into that I would need cuffs for.

Sigfan26
08-11-2018, 12:04 AM
The 4506 is a pretty freaking amazing gun.

If today's generation of gun savvy cops ever really discovers them, they are going to get even more expensive, and clean examples will be even more scarce, not to mention the mags.

I kick myself in the sack every couple days for selling my HIPD 4506 with 8 mags for $500

Erick Gelhaus
08-11-2018, 12:19 AM
M&P 2.0 Compact w/WML, spare mag, & a one cell handheld light.

TheNewbie
08-11-2018, 02:34 AM
A 4566 decocker only would be neat to have.

Could you convert a safety/decocker to decocker only ?

WobblyPossum
08-11-2018, 06:32 AM
How do you like the light? I have an XT1C and find it OK, except I don't like not having momentary on function from the E-switch.

I like it a lot. I like that the default mode with the big button is high output and in order to get low output you have to hit the smaller button afterwards. If I ever need the light for a defensive encounter I want all the lumens by default. I’m not too enamored with the strobe and have never used it for anything. I use the lowest power mode all the time because I think it’s the perfect level of brightness to look for things under my car seat or in the corner of the basement. Momentary on requires a partial press of the main button which I don’t mind. I have the version from five years ago with the 400-500 lumen high output and 15 lumen low. My girlfriend bought one a couple of years ago and it’s more powerful. I like the 1100 lumen high output but find that the low and medium output modes are much brighter than I’d like. The latest version that’s USB rechargeable is more complicated than I’d like. The turbo mode of 1600 lumens sounds awesome but it’s also got 5 other modes and needs to be programmed.

I have found that the light periodically turns on in my pocket. I start to notice when it gets really hot. Like all 18650 lights it definitely needs high quality batteries. I’ve been using Keeppower rechargeable batteries.

MD7305
08-11-2018, 07:34 AM
S&W Shield 9, JMCK AIWB
Reload in a JMCK AIWB pouch
Spyderco PM2
Streamlight ProTac1
S&W cuffs in a BFG pouch
Sabre Red
....need to add a TQ

Rex G
08-11-2018, 07:58 AM
At the time I retired in January 2018, I was qual’ed with a pair of G19 pistols, and a pair of Les Baer full-sized, all-steel 1911 pistols. Depending upon weather and clothing factors, I could be carrying either G19 or 1911, as “primary,” during personal time. I would carry a G19, as a second gun, some of the time, situationally.

During most of my nearly 34 years of LEO-ing, I have tended to carry my duty pistol, or its near-duplicate, during personal time.

I have always carried at least a second magazine, when carrying an auto-pistol.

I have carried the same knife, daily, since 2004, a Tarani Masters Model Karambit folder. This one is not just a knife, but a control hook, if one has had the training to understand it. It is not only a weapon; I have used the hooked blade to help me reach out and grab inanimate objects.

I have tended to carry another, more conventional small knife in addition to the karambit, for utilitarian purposes, such as an SAK.

Light is important, to LEO and non-LEO. I have tended to favor Surefire, for many years. My favored Surefire, for several years, has been the LX2.

Since going “off duty” for keeps, in late January, I have largely reverted to carrying revolvers. The knife and light have not changed.

Poconnor
08-11-2018, 08:54 AM
I was limited to only what I qualified with. Issue was a colt gov 1911; back up was a colt LW commander. Off duty was a Glock 19 and a S&W 642. It covered all my bases and wardrobe choices

blues
08-11-2018, 08:57 AM
My off duty carries were either a J frame, (Model 36), or a G26.

Highplains45
08-11-2018, 09:28 AM
Daily: G19.3, reload. G43, reload. Pair of Waved Enduras from Spyderco. Pair of Tuff Tie disposable cuffs. Flashlight & fob light.

Computer bag: laptop, planner, 2 x reloads for G19, 1 x reload for G43, ballistic panel.

psalms144.1
08-11-2018, 09:58 AM
Usually a G26 with G19 magazine as reload, flashlight, and folder.

Trooper224
08-11-2018, 10:17 AM
Beretta 92, one spare 18 round magazine and a pocket knife.

KPD
08-11-2018, 10:49 AM
Same as on duty.
HK VP9 with 2 spare magazines, Ruger .357 LCR, Emerson PUK in my pocket mounted on a Raven pocket shield, SAK, handcuffs, TQ, Narcan and dressings in a Ryker nylon Gear AFAK.
I wear plain clothes on duty, so on duty or off duty doesn’t matter for what I carry.

Beat Trash
08-11-2018, 05:50 PM
Glock 19.5, one spare magazine and a ZT Folder.

blues
08-11-2018, 06:04 PM
Glock 19.5, one spare magazine and a ZT Folder.

Which one? I carry a Hinderer designed 0550 quite a bit and just acquired a 0562CF as an alternative.

(A Spyderco Paramilitary in S110V occasionally gets the nod as well.)

Beat Trash
08-11-2018, 06:41 PM
Which one? I carry a Hinderer designed 0550 quite a bit and just acquired a 0562CF as an alternative.

(A Spyderco Paramilitary in S110V occasionally gets the nod as well.)

Off duty, I'm carrying a 0562CF. I absolutely love this knife.

Bcj128
08-11-2018, 10:03 PM
I generally carry a G43 or a G19.5 (sometimes even my 19X). I have an LCP II but I feel a little sketchy about 380.

PD Sgt.
08-11-2018, 10:35 PM
Off duty, usually a 9mm P07 or P01/XC1B and a reload, flashlight and a large Sebenza Insingo.

Occasionally a 9mm Shield and reload, depending on attire.

Winter may find a 442 no lock in an outer jacket pocket along with whatever else I am carrying.

SoCalDep
08-11-2018, 11:32 PM
92G Centurion Tactical (147gr Federal HST in 17rd factory mag +1) with Surefire XC-1B in JMCK Wing Claw AIWB holster.
Spare 17rd magazine in JMCK AIWB mag pouch.
Ruger LCP in front pocket
CRKT Squid
Streamlight PT1L-1AA in elastic loop of Proctor W.O.T.G. belt just left of the mag pouch.

When I'm going to a high-traffic public place with my family, I'll often (but not always) carry a very nice looking leather satchel from Saddleback leather. It's called the "Indiana Satchel", and yes... it's a man purse. It has a trauma kit (including tourniquet, chest seal, pressure bandage, gauze, gloves, scissors, etc.), spare Beretta mag, mini survival kit, and and ESEE RB3 or Anza knife. I get away with it when carrying or holding my 3yr-old daughter's hand.

I just had the opportunity to fondle my 92 Elite LTT today while starting the 10-day CA wait and oh man... I'll probably have to carry that a bit.

Vista461
08-12-2018, 11:11 AM
M&P9c (1.0) with a Hyve +3 baseplate in a T-Rex Arms Raptor AIWB, with 147 grn HST most of the time, or a 45 Shield with 230 grn HST.

Hot Cereal
08-12-2018, 04:54 PM
T-Rex Arms Raptor AIWB

I have a Raptor and could never get it to work for me.

Vista461
08-12-2018, 05:05 PM
It’s my first appendix carry holster, and I wish I would’ve started carrying appendix years ago. I did find it works better with the thinner clip than wider one. For me anyway.

mongooseman
08-13-2018, 09:59 AM
Glock 19X in a RCS Edilon. During the hot months, spare mag in a cargo pocket. When it's cooler I use a Blade-Tech OWB mag carrier. A Spyderco Tenacious has become my favorite EDC do it all knife. I will usually have a messenger bag with a Surefire GTX LE and another magazine in the personal car.

deputyG23
08-13-2018, 12:46 PM
I have two off duty guns on the books - a G26 gen 2.5 and a 442-2. Most of the time, my issue G23 G4 gets carried when on my own time. When traveling out of state or when my back is acting up, it can be the G26 and/or the 442 depending on my frame of mind. One reload is carried per handgun minimum.
Since I have a state CWP, I sometimes carry one of my service size K frame Smiths or Ruger GP-100 4" .38 as a primary with the little 442 in a side pocket.
This weekend, I was lazy and carried just the 442 and a speed strip in the strong side shorts pocket.

Sherman A. House DDS
08-13-2018, 03:15 PM
I carry my MP 2.0 9mm (duty gun) or my on-duty BUG, a 9mm 1.0 Shield. Next qual I’ll probably get a G19 on the books too, so when I travel to places where they’re ubiquitous, I have one.

Kyle Reese
08-13-2018, 03:17 PM
Add a Walther PPS M1 9mm to my EDC mix when I'm out running, hanging out on the deck or mowing the lawn.

LockedBreech
08-13-2018, 03:18 PM
Add a Walther PPS M1 9mm to my EDC mix when I'm out running, hanging out on the deck or mowing the lawn.

I carried my PPS M1 for 2-3 years and gifted it to my mother primarily because I trusted it so darn much I knew she could depend on it. Great guns.

sierra 223
08-13-2018, 05:15 PM
Same as on duty, G17-3 with inner tube grip sock, carried in X Concealment holster with spare mag. Spyderco Para Military folder and a flashlight.
Rarely I carry a G19-3 with inner tube grip in JM Customs holster.

Chuck Whitlock
08-14-2018, 11:36 AM
Lounging at the house, it's normally a P250c in a CCC Uno v2 with clip, a Wilderness FF belt, a Lone Wolf version Spyderco waved Edura, and a Streamlight PT1L-1AA light.

If I head out among the masses, the P250c goes into an Uno with PTD snaps, a slightly longer FF belt, spare magazine in a JM pouch between belt and pants, a Kahr K9 in a JM IWB #3, and a KaBar TDI knife in a DSG sheath. The Endura gets swapped for a CKRT M16-14ZSF, and a spare Kahr magazine and a spare Streamlight PT1L get added to the off-side pocket in respective pouches.

If I need to be more discreet, then it's the K9 strong-side in a JM IWB #3 and a CW9 weak-side in a CCC Versa-Clip.

I should probably add that when I turn in for the night, the P250c in clip holster goes on the nightstand, and a pair of shorts with FF belt threaded through the loops and Endura in the pocket are folded nearby with a t-shirt, so that's an easy combo to don when I get up, either normally or otherwise.

Up1911Fan
08-22-2018, 07:30 PM
What I had on my day off today. This is my normal non working edc.29402

TGS
08-23-2018, 03:32 AM
Same as on duty....Glock 19.

When I'm going to a high-traffic public place with my family, I'll often (but not always) carry a very nice looking leather satchel from Saddleback leather. It's called the "Indiana Satchel", and yes... it's a man purse. It has a trauma kit (including tourniquet, chest seal, pressure bandage, gauze, gloves, scissors, etc.), spare Beretta mag, mini survival kit, and and ESEE RB3 or Anza knife. I get away with it when carrying or holding my 3yr-old daughter's hand.

Eh. I don't get what the deal is with guys thinking it's weird to begin with. I've got a VertX EDC Satchel as a BOB, and just recently bought a hand-tooled leather bag from a Spanish artisan for general use.

In Europe, men carrying bags (whether it's a small traveller's purse or larger attache-style) isn't a strange thing. In Spain, nearly every man has one. It's smart. It allows you to carry more stuff, more comfortably. So when travelling, I can keep my Mophie phone battery, charger, bottle of water, as well as extra cash, wallet, or documents in it. I also have a small travel-friendly trauma kit in it, just as my wife has everyday. It allows me to carry more stuff, as well as keep a lot of stuff out of my pockets which is more comfortable.

When I have some time at home, I'm going to glue a velcro panel to the inside of it so I can better organize things. I love it though.

cmbarny2
08-23-2018, 05:06 PM
Off duty is normally a G19/RMR which mimics my on duty gun minus an X300U (that might change if I try a Phlster Spotlight here soon). When I'm not feeling like carrying a gun I drop on a G43. Sometimes I'll throw on a spare mag but that's more often when I carry a G43. I carry a Spyderco PM2, wallet, chapstick, and badge. I usually don't carry a flash light but if I'm going to somewhere like a movie theater I throw on my SF Fury. I don't carry cuffs or OC or anything because I don't want to be carrying a full duty belt when I'm not working.

LockedBreech
08-24-2018, 08:55 AM
Same as on duty....Glock 19.

Eh. I don't get what the deal is with guys thinking it's weird to begin with. I've got a VertX EDC Satchel as a BOB, and just recently bought a hand-tooled leather bag from a Spanish artisan for general use.

In Europe, men carrying bags (whether it's a small traveller's purse or larger attache-style) isn't a strange thing. In Spain, nearly every man has one. It's smart. It allows you to carry more stuff, more comfortably. So when travelling, I can keep my Mophie phone battery, charger, bottle of water, as well as extra cash, wallet, or documents in it. I also have a small travel-friendly trauma kit in it, just as my wife has everyday. It allows me to carry more stuff, as well as keep a lot of stuff out of my pockets which is more comfortable.

When I have some time at home, I'm going to glue a velcro panel to the inside of it so I can better organize things. I love it though.

I was about 26 when I got over the "man purse" stigma. Someone will make a joke every 3-4 weeks, you smile, that's as bad as it gets. As a professional they're too darn useful to have some macho hangup about.

valian
08-25-2018, 05:11 PM
What I had on my day off today. This is my normal non working edc.29402

What holster is that please? Thanks

Up1911Fan
08-25-2018, 05:13 PM
What holster is that please? Thanks

Dark Star Gear Orion.

Lon
08-25-2018, 07:12 PM
Walther PPS M2 9mm in a JMCK AIWB. With a 7rd mag in the gun plus a spare 8rd.

fwrun
09-02-2018, 10:22 PM
Off duty, I typically carry a S&W 640 w/ wood service stocks and a Tyler T-Grip in a DSG holster and either a speed strip or Safariland Comp I in my strong side pocket.

I have my Surefire Sidekick clipped to my car keys, and lately I've been rocking the old Case Sodbuster Jr in yellow delrin with the CV blade instead of my Delica.

When I'm wearing pants and not shorts, I go with the Leatherman instead of the Case.

I use two front-pocket wallets. One with my DL, CWP, and credit cards. The other has my department ID, access card, and PBA card.

Sasage
10-13-2018, 10:42 PM
What holster is that please? ThanksHave you ever used a Phlster? Just curious how this compares aiwb.

Any issues with the clip?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

iWander
10-14-2018, 11:10 AM
I always carry, until recently a PM9 in an AIWB with two 7rd mags, one in a Leatherman pouch and one in a plain black nylon pouch. I hike everyday and the wife and I recently stumbled across a gun-involved drug rip off on a secluded road in a park while hiking. We found ourselves separated and had to think fast. With 5 total turds involved on both sides, and her between the two groups, it may have been hard to protect her while getting us out of there. Thankfully, I didn't have to draw and no one involved in the rip off was seriously hurt.

Long story short, I've reassessed my carry choices. I'm carrying my G17.3 until I can qualify with my new to me P320SC this week. The PM9 is now almost exclusively my on duty BUG.

What hasn't changed for on body carry is a Benchmade folder, spare mag, Streamlight PT 1L-1AA w/spare battery, TQ & gloves, badge and spare contacts, Gerber mini tool, and resqme tool. In my car I have a marked outer vest w/IFAK, spare light, cuffs and spare mag, and a go bag with more trauma and booboo gear, water, food bars, eye & ear protection, rope, lighter, headlight, cut resistant and latex gloves, and poncho. I've used the go bag contents so many times both on and off duty I can't imagine traveling without it.

11B10
10-14-2018, 01:32 PM
I always carry, until recently a PM9 in an AIWB with two 7rd mags, one in a Leatherman pouch and one in a plain black nylon pouch. I hike everyday and the wife and I recently stumbled across a gun-involved drug rip off on a secluded road in a park while hiking. We found ourselves separated and had to think fast. With 5 total turds involved on both sides, and her between the two groups, it may have been hard to protect her while getting us out of there. Thankfully, I didn't have to draw and no one involved in the rip off was seriously hurt.

Long story short, I've reassessed my carry choices. I'm carrying my G17.3 until I can qualify with my new to me P320SC this week. The PM9 is now almost exclusively my on duty BUG.

What hasn't changed for on body carry is a Benchmade folder, spare mag, Streamlight PT 1L-1AA w/spare battery, TQ & gloves, badge and spare contacts, Gerber mini tool, and resqme tool. In my car I have a marked outer vest w/IFAK, spare light, cuffs and spare mag, and a go bag with more trauma and booboo gear, water, food bars, eye & ear protection, rope, lighter, headlight, cut resistant and latex gloves, and poncho. I've used the go bag contents so many times both on and off duty I can't imagine traveling without it.

Sheepdog, great post with real life lessons. I'm taking notes and continue to be amazed how much I've learned in the past several years while mostly lurking here. We're never too old to learn - just consider me. I started here when I was in my 60's, recently became 70 and feel like a rookie. Thanks to all who have been my online mentors. I'm forever indebted.

FNFAN
10-14-2018, 02:18 PM
Just picked up a PPS M1 as the 'in-between' for the 642 and G23. Have a Beretta Nano for that currently but it really only likes one particular JHP load. Won't be sorry to see it go and I'm looking forward to learning the odd looking little PPS.

AMC
10-14-2018, 02:58 PM
Until a few months ago, it was my issued gun, a Sig P226R in .40, in either a Raven Phantom or Blade-Tec IWB, with one of two spare magazines in a CCC single mag pouch. That just got heavier every day, though, so a few months ago I switched to a CZ P-07 in a JMCK AIWB Holster, with a spare mag in one of his AIWB mag pouches. Benchmade Griptilian in the strong side pocket, and a Fenix 1L in the off side pocket. This'll will probably carry me into retirement. Also occasionally carry my BUG off duty ...Shield 1.0 9mm in a Blade-Tec Klipt, with spare mag in off side pants pocket.

TxShooter
10-14-2018, 07:37 PM
Up until a few months ago a SIG P228 or P229 in a CompTac Infidel IWB, spare mag in one of their pouches, and a Spyderco Delica. More recently a fullsize P320 slide on an X-Carry frame in a DavTach (local Kydex shop) IWB. I just added a Streamlight TLR-7 to it.

LSP552
10-16-2018, 09:23 AM
Up until a few months ago a SIG P228 or P229 in a CompTac Infidel IWB, spare mag in one of their pouches, and a Spyderco Delica. More recently a fullsize P320 slide on an X-Carry frame in a DavTach (local Kydex shop) IWB. I just added a Streamlight TLR-7 to it.

Didn’t think you would ever give up your classic SIGs....

TxShooter
10-16-2018, 12:57 PM
Didn’t think you would ever give up your classic SIGs....

Supplemented, not replaced. I still have my P226R at work most days.

feudist
10-17-2018, 05:17 PM
Glock on and off for the last 24 years. Mostly Gen 2 G19s. Skipped over Gen 3 to Gen 4. Found I liked the smaller grip better. I took a rasp to the finger grooves and up under the trigger guard.
I also polish the muzzle until it's silver. Ayoob mentioned that trick and I've had several Utes comment that it drew their attention.
Sometimes, you need to grab a young lad's attention.

BlueDog2009
10-20-2018, 05:48 PM
Qualified with: Either my duty Gen 4 Glock 17 in an appendix holster (T Rex Arms sidecar) or my BUG Walter PPS M2 in an appendix rig.

If I'm just operating on my license and not carrying my credentials, I carry my Langdon PX4 compact carry. Next quals I'll shoot it and add it to my approved list.

fastreb
10-22-2018, 07:12 AM
Depends on the season, the weather and the activity. My dept. has a very short list of what they approve if carrying strictly on credentials. Having a HCL opens up the possibilities. Now, in the spring, summer and fall, it's usually a Walther PPQ M2 9mm with one extra mag, small flashlight, Swiss Army knife, small lockblade and a larger lockblade. In the winter, substitute the Ruger SR1911 Nightwatchman Commander in .45 with two extra mags in place of the PPQ. The rest stays the same. There are times when other firearms will be used but those are my two most common edc firearms. Been edging towards getting the .40 cal version of the PPQ and just using that in the winter. I'll probably do that pretty soon.

LockedBreech
10-24-2018, 07:47 AM

I got my municipal LEO brother a PM9 as a back-up before I knew about Kahr's "if you get a good one it's great, if you get a bad one it's terrible" rep. It has given me an overall positive view of the brand. That gun has not missed a step. Our first day out with it he was ringing steel at 100 yards with most of the rounds in a particular magazine (he's a much better shooter than me who ironically is not a gun guy at all).

I am leery to try any of their cheaper C-series or T-series offerings so as not to tarnish that great image I have of them currently from the PM gun.

iWander
10-24-2018, 08:29 AM
Wife and I have His & Hers PM9s. I carried hers for years before buying the second one. We've had 6 over the past 20 years, and only problems with one. I've gone thru almost a dozen other micro 9s and still haven't found anything better given the size and weight.
And no, I wouldn't try the C series either. I've seen to many problems with them. Don't have any personal experience with the T guns.

Kyle Reese
10-24-2018, 08:31 AM
Currently rocking a Walther PPS M1 in a Keepers Errand while doing yard work.

BlueDog2009
10-24-2018, 08:50 AM
Currently rocking a Walther PPS M1 in a Keepers Errand while doing yard work.

I carry my PPS while doing work around the house as well. It's small enough to easily carry, but large enough to shoot well.

Gandalf
10-29-2018, 05:27 PM
Well, I'm retired so all my carry is off duty. I carry a Glock 27 in a Blade Tech "Clipit" AIWB, with a Glk 23 magazine reload carried in a horizontal mag pouch. (Made by a friend) I also carry a Streamlight "Micro Stream" and a Kershaw "Brawler". I have utmost confidence in my gear.
Gandalf

Jeff22
11-28-2018, 05:10 AM
I started in 1981. For years my off duty gun was a Smith & Wesson Chief's Special. 3 inch. Originally an M36 with the tapered barrel, and that was replaced/supplemented with an M60 with the 3 inch heavy barrel. Always carried at least one reload in a Bianchi speed strip in a pouch on my belt.

Then I went to a department that issued the duty handgun. For years it was a Sig 226 in 9mm and then a Sig 226R-DAK in .40 cal, and my back up and primary off duty gun was a Sig P230.

That Department switched to Glock 22s in 2013, and now my back up gun is a G42 and my primary off duty gun is a G43. I always carry at least one reload.

I should get in the habit of carrying a good light more often than I do. God knows, I have lots of neat SureFire products I have accumulated over the years that I could choose from.

I'm retired now and work two different departments part time and for off duty or backup guns, you have to qual once a year and you have the option of shooting the duty gun QC (as required by the DOJ -- the course is revolver neutral for a 5 shot gun) or a 30 round short course based on the DOJ qual. I shoot both if time and circumstance permits, but usually only have time to shoot the 30 round off duty gun QC.

Last spring I shot the S&W 60 on the state required QC for the first time. Only dropped a couple of hits. I really like 3 inch J frames.

Retired guys who are carrying on retired credentials have to shoot the whole 44 round QC. Most of them just got CCW permits instead and left it at that.

I found it was easier to just keep working three days a week . . . .

AZgunguy
12-02-2018, 03:05 PM
Glock 27 with an extra mag or a FNX40 with a couple of mags if I'm wanting a little more pop.

arcticlightfighter
12-02-2018, 11:51 PM
Ill play

SW 642 w/ CT lasergrips, IWB amd 2 speed strips
Or
G26 w/ reload IWB

Streamlight 500 lumen handheld

Always - CAT TQ

Leatherman Sidekick w/ pocket clip

SAK

Credentials

DMF13
12-05-2018, 10:43 PM
Currently it's a 19M, with a TLR-7, in a JM Custom Kydex IWB3. I carry a spare mag that has a 5rd Taran Tactical extension, in an old style Comp-Tac mag holder. Behind the spare mag is a Streamlight Pro-Tac 1L, and my knife is a Kershaw Blur (great knife, but I wish they made a smaller version). I also have a couple Tuff-Ties in a pocket.

Zeke38
12-20-2018, 09:31 PM
Retired in 03, qualified with my old office last year at the invitation of the Sheriff. Shot 95% with the Kahr CW9. The Kahr has functioned flawlessly since its second round, when new. No problems with CW9 in the 2,500-3,000 rds later.

Picked up my second Kimber K6s recently because this one has night sights and better grips than the first. Kahr now serving backup duties

https://i.imgur.com/zaZ480O.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/lzTyBJX.jpg

Up1911Fan
12-20-2018, 10:01 PM
I've only dry fired one of those Kimber's, but I thought it had a pretty nice trigger.

TheNewbie
12-20-2018, 10:02 PM
Retired in 03, qualified with my old office last year at the invitation of the Sheriff. Shot 95% with the Kahr CW9. The Kahr has functioned flawlessly since its second round, when new. No problems with CW9 in the 2,500-3,000 rds later.

Picked up my second Kimber K6s recently because this one has night sights and better grips than the first. Kahr now serving backup duties

The K6 setup simply looks sweet.

What do you carry it in? How well does it conceal for you?

Nephrology
12-21-2018, 12:03 AM

That is a real nice looking wheelgun.

TMW Trav
12-27-2018, 07:06 PM
M&P Shield 9

and

Beretta 950BS 25 ACP