PDA

View Full Version : RFI: Nashville tourism

BehindBlueI's
08-09-2018, 10:28 AM
My former partner and I are about to embark on another road trip, this time to Nashville. We should be there toward the end of August on a Wed-Fri schedule. I'd like to see the Grand Ol' Opry and the Country Music Hall of Fame. Anything else that we should definitely see or not see? Areas to avoid?

LEOSA/gun carry issues?

Bratch
08-09-2018, 05:57 PM
https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?28161-RFI-Nashville

Greg
08-09-2018, 07:21 PM
Bolton's for spicy catfish!

Arnold's for a "Meat & Three" lunch.

FNFAN
08-09-2018, 08:14 PM
If you have any interest in guitars whatsoever, go to Carters Vintage Guitars. Amazing stock of high end guitars and very friendly folks. If you're passing through Memphis, the Gibson Guitar factory offers tours (book in advance.) It's the only one of the three Gibson plants that does.

Crow Hunter
08-09-2018, 09:50 PM
What kinds of things are you into?

Ft Campbell is not that far up I-24 in Clarksville and their museum is pretty cool.

If you like Civil War history there is Stones River Battlefield and the Battle of Franklin within a short drive both of which are quite nice.

There is the Frist Center for the Visual Arts that often has some pretty interesting exhibits.

The Hermitage is also right there and pretty interesting as well.

There is the TN State Museum that I have heard is really cool (it is on my list but I haven't done it yet).

There are also several lakes and other hiking opportunities very close by.

Does Beretta do factory tours? I have been really tempted to move back to the area just to see if I could get a job there.

You will be coming in a very hot and miserable time of the year though. Not bad for us local yokels but some people might stroke out. :)

I used lived in Clarksville for 7 years and went to Nashville area a bunch and can help direct you to hiking/museum type stuff but I don't do the nightlife and I hate country music so I can't help you on any of that.

JKPirate08
08-10-2018, 04:50 PM
The Southern restaurant at 3rd Ave and Demonbreun, a night on Broadway, a visit to the Gaylord just to walk around. Franklin Guns, Nashville Armory.

Arbninftry
08-10-2018, 08:24 PM
The Parthenon over by Vanderbilt is cool.
Night life - 2nd and Broadway, there is always a live band......in every bar.

Bratch
08-11-2018, 02:12 PM
Found a list of things we did that I sent to a friend. Let me know if you want more details.

Local microbreweries
Country music hall of fame
RCA Studio B tour
Jack Daniels
Arrington Vineyards
Johnny Cash Museum
Broadway bars
Ryman Auditorium show and tour
Hatch Printing Tour
Carnton House
Carter House
Franklin, tn
Antique Archaeology
Local distilleries
Parthenon
Gaylord Opryland
Hot chicken
Local restaurants

BehindBlueI's
08-11-2018, 02:37 PM
Johnny Cash Museum

Oh, I gotta do that one. While wearing my Lansky Bro's shirt with his mug shot on it.

holmes168
08-11-2018, 04:08 PM
The Parthenon was fun.
Andy Jackson’s Hermitage is a good side trip.
Loveless Cafe is a great place for fried chicken and moonshine

Bratch
08-11-2018, 07:30 PM
Oh, I gotta do that one. While wearing my Lansky Bro's shirt with his mug shot on it.

It was cool, they opened it when he was still alive and he was involved in setting it up. He donated a bunch to it and commented on the pieces.

Sherman A. House DDS
08-12-2018, 02:36 PM
Also, “Biscuit Love,” is highly overrated.

“Holler and Dash,” is 100x better, and NEVER has a 3 hour wait in-line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SD
08-12-2018, 04:49 PM
....McDougal's Chicken Fingers & Wings located 316 White Bridge Pike. If you like good Buffalo style Chicken wings this is the place in Nashville. Tell them 16, minutes cooking time to get them to the proper crispness. Also Manny's House of Pizza in the downtown Arcade (lunch only) is really good. I still recommend the Segway tour of Nashville, it was fun they provide helmets but we brought our own bike helmets.