PDA

View Full Version : Plastic aftermarket trigger by Vickers

mongooseman
08-02-2018, 10:32 AM
https://tangodown.com/shop/vickers-tactical-carry-trigger-vtct-002-gen-5/

As happy as I am with my stock 19X, this and a pair of aftermarket sights would be about as much as I could ask for from the Glock platform.

08-02-2018, 02:34 PM
Why do you think that trigger is a better option than other aftermarket triggers, or even the stock trigger? I never heard of it, and it’s definitely interesting at its price point.

STI
08-02-2018, 03:08 PM
Thanks for finding this. I have a bunch of NP3'd trigger bars with stock triggers on them, so I'll swap one and see if it's better for me.

I'm excited that the pins are metal and splined to deform their way into the plastic trigger body, so that they won't come out. Also, no pretravel change from stock :)

mongooseman
08-06-2018, 11:17 AM
Why do you think that trigger is a better option than other aftermarket triggers, or even the stock trigger? I never heard of it, and it’s definitely interesting at its price point.

Partially because of my very positive experience with the parts for Glock Larry Vickers has designed that I've used, namely the Vickers Elite sight for Glocks and the slide release. His stuff appears to be well thought out and functional.

The other reason is that I've purchased a trigger kit from Apex and the trigger shoe by itself from Overwatch Precision and I prefer them over the stock trigger, especially that grooved abomination on the 19/23. Even the trigger shoe by itself was an improvement over the stock trigger. And the price point doesn't hurt a thing!

breakingtime91
08-06-2018, 11:41 AM
Guess I need a gen 5 to try it..

mongooseman
08-07-2018, 08:25 AM
Guess I need a gen 5 to try it..

They have them for Gen3 & Gen4

MDFA
08-07-2018, 09:42 AM
Just ordered one for my Gen 3. I'll let everyone know what I think once I've used it awhile.

STI
08-07-2018, 11:59 PM
Pre-travel and reset distance seem identical to factory. There's still a normal amount of trigger housing ledge engagement, which means the trigger bar is still drop safe. Plays nicely with stock Gen 5 Gadget, flush. Dry fire feels great. Will report back after shooting it.

breakingtime91
08-08-2018, 03:56 PM
Pre-travel and reset distance seem identical to factory. There's still a normal amount of trigger housing ledge engagement, which means the trigger bar is still drop safe. Plays nicely with stock Gen 5 Gadget, flush. Dry fire feels great. Will report back after shooting it.

really interested in this since it doesn't effect factory safeties or the gadgets already on my gen 4 guns..

Sigfan26
08-08-2018, 04:20 PM

So, is it just the "shoe" and you install it on your factory trigger bar?

STI
08-08-2018, 04:40 PM
So, is it just the "shoe" and you install it on your factory trigger bar?

Yes. After removing the trigger bar assy from the lower, I took a wood screw and poked it into the no-pin side of the stock trigger in the same location as where you can see the head of the pin (it's a blind hole). Push until the pin pokes out enough to grab with pliers. The flat trigger comes with a new pin with splines which in theory should be much more resistant to coming out, since the plastic deforms around the splines.

STI
08-08-2018, 04:42 PM
really interested in this since it doesn't effect factory safeties or the gadgets already on my gen 4 guns..

Exactly, and if I like my accuracy results after back to back comparison with stock (I have a bunch of Gen 5 trigger bars) then I'll put one in my Gen 3 G26.

Bucky
08-09-2018, 06:26 AM

The factory triggers are hit or miss, especially newer models. The trigger safety doesn’t retract all the way, and some of them are sharp. My 43 I couldn’t do more than 50 rounds without discomfort. I replaced the trigger component itself, and 300 rounds is no issue now. It should be noted I did nothing to enhance the trigger pull, not even polishing.

jandbj
08-09-2018, 10:13 AM
Question for those more knowledgeable than I:

Would either the 3/4 or 5 variant work on a 42/43?

MDFA
08-12-2018, 08:09 AM
Just ordered one for my Gen 3. I'll let everyone know what I think once I've used it awhile.

Installed one yesterday on my Polymer 80 Frame Glock 19. Pre travel feels the same but the reset is shorter to me. According to my Lyman Digital trigger pull gauge the pull has stayed the same, although it feels lighter. In dry fire I noticed that it did not seem to be as sensitive to trigger finger placement as to pushing or pulling the sight left or right. So far I like the improvements. I may have to put one on all my Glocks, but the 43 is getting one for sure....

pangloss
08-20-2018, 10:23 PM
Installed one yesterday on my Polymer 80 Frame Glock 19. Pre travel feels the same but the reset is shorter to me. According to my Lyman Digital trigger pull gauge the pull has stayed the same, although it feels lighter. In dry fire I noticed that it did not seem to be as sensitive to trigger finger placement as to pushing or pulling the sight left or right. So far I like the improvements. I may have to put one on all my Glocks, but the 43 is getting one for sure....

Thanks for the early feedback. Please keep us updated after you've had a chance to shoot with it. I've always kept Glock triggers in my all my pistols, but if this one doesn't change the pre-travel, it's something that I would consider trying.

Redhat
08-26-2018, 03:51 PM
The company description says they shortened the over travel to give a quicker reset.

I'm curious to know if you guys find it less likely to push shots low/left with this trigger?

RJ
08-26-2018, 04:36 PM
I’m guessing this is not legal for USPSA Production?

EVP
08-26-2018, 06:32 PM
If anyone runs one of these with a gadget equipped Glock please report how it interacts with it.

STI
08-26-2018, 09:00 PM
If anyone runs one of these with a gadget equipped Glock please report how it interacts with it.

Gen 5 G17, stock Gadget (not reduced pre-travel) the Gadget goes completely flush at rest, and starts moving once the trigger moves .010-.020". It's good to go

STI
08-27-2018, 06:41 PM
My (admittedly awful) 20 yard groups were cut in half, back to back vs stock. I played with 10 yards and different combinations of the medium backstraps or none, and in all cases shot best with no backstrap and the Vickers trigger.

I went home upon putting a whole 17 mag into one hole, taking up half the inside of a Dot Torture circle, at 5 yards.

Btw my G5G17 that's always auto-forwarded, still does with the Vickers trigger.

Mjolnir
08-27-2018, 06:53 PM
This looks to be something I’d like to try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EVP
08-28-2018, 12:31 PM
Saw on another board how people have had issues with the trigger safety of the Vickers trigger.

I played with a flat faced trigger a few years back on a gen 4. Did not like it and also experienced issues with the trigger safety having to be pressed just so in order for it to not hang up.

STI
08-28-2018, 12:59 PM
Saw on another board how people have had issues with the trigger safety of the Vickers trigger

Location?

EVP
08-28-2018, 03:44 PM
M4carbine

STI
08-28-2018, 05:12 PM
Saw on another board how people have had issues with the trigger safety of the Vickers trigger.

M4carbine

Well it was no issue for me in 100 rounds yesterday.

Darth_Uno
08-28-2018, 06:59 PM
I believe a flat trigger is a significant upgrade to those who can shoot well enough to tell the difference. FWIW, I've owned and currently run several Suarez flat triggers. Say what you will, the product is excellent.

And even if you're not particularly brand loyal, to those who say "the Vickers trigger is polymer, metal is better"; half the gun is polymer and nobody seems to think that's a problem.

Sigfan26
08-28-2018, 07:36 PM
I will say this (as someone who works for a company that manufactures flat triggers): Glock has purchased my company’s flat triggers (and I’m guessing the majority of other manufacturers triggers). They are looking at it. Now, keep in mind, Glock is buying ALUMINUM trigger shoe triggers to find a good solution.

Redhat
08-30-2018, 04:02 PM
I will say this (as someone who works for a company that manufactures flat triggers): Glock has purchased my company’s flat triggers (and I’m guessing the majority of other manufacturers triggers). They are looking at it. Now, keep in mind, Glock is buying ALUMINUM trigger shoe triggers to find a good solution.

Solution to what?

Sigfan26
08-30-2018, 04:07 PM
Solution to what?

A flat trigger option.

Redhat
08-30-2018, 07:19 PM
A flat trigger option.

Well I'm kinda new to some ideas so wanted to know what a flat trigger is supposed to improve?

Thanks

Sigfan26
08-30-2018, 10:08 PM
Well I'm kinda new to some ideas so wanted to know what a flat trigger is supposed to improve?

Thanks

Some folks like it, some folks don’t.

pangloss
08-30-2018, 10:20 PM
Is the Vickers trigger the only flat-faced trigger on the market that does not reduce pre-travel? I've wanted to try a flat-faced one for years, but I want all the pre-travel that Glock wants me to have.

YVK
08-30-2018, 10:50 PM

Thanks

If anything, it changes trigger reach and trigger finger positioning.

I am neither for or against, I'll try everything that helps me shoot better. I tried one, supposedly a better option, in a Gen3 and Gen4 G19, with different springs, grip reduced and not, without any preconceived notions and couldn't find a lick of a difference that I could attribute to a flat face.

orionz06
08-31-2018, 06:34 AM
Is the Vickers trigger the only flat-faced trigger on the market that does not reduce pre-travel? I've wanted to try a flat-faced one for years, but I want all the pre-travel that Glock wants me to have.

I didn't think so. Do Apex and Overwatch offer standard trigger bars?

LittleLebowski
08-31-2018, 07:47 AM
I believe a flat trigger is a significant upgrade to those who can shoot well enough to tell the difference. FWIW, I've owned and currently run several Suarez flat triggers. Say what you will, the product is excellent.

And even if you're not particularly brand loyal, to those who say "the Vickers trigger is polymer, metal is better"; half the gun is polymer and nobody seems to think that's a problem.

I've heard that the Suarez trigger is a copy of another's design, not sure how well the Suarez works with the SCD; are you using an SCD with yours?

Darth_Uno
08-31-2018, 11:01 AM
are you using an SCD with yours?

I am not. I know the original Suarez Tactical had a very short trigger pull; some said too short so they released the Patrol trigger, which was closer to a factory takeup/reset. The newest version, the Faceshooter trigger (I didn't pick the name) is somewhere in between.

MDFA
09-08-2018, 07:36 AM

Finally got to put 200 rounds thru my Polymer 80 Glock 19. The Vickers trigger seems more tolerant of trigger finger placement regarding side to side movement of the sights while shooting. However I did notice the slight glitch which others noted in the M4Carbine.net posts. In my case it happened when I did not have my finger down towards the bottom of the trigger, hence the trigger safety was not fully depressed so it caught on the edge of the frame. Now that could be in the design and tolerances of the trigger or my Polymer 80 frame. When I depressed the trigger safety fully there was no issue.

Overall I like the feel and accuracy of the trigger.

MDFA
09-21-2018, 06:07 AM
Finally got to put 200 rounds thru my Polymer 80 Glock 19. The Vickers trigger seems more tolerant of trigger finger placement regarding side to side movement of the sights while shooting. However I did notice the slight glitch which others noted in the M4Carbine.net posts. In my case it happened when I did not have my finger down towards the bottom of the trigger, hence the trigger safety was not fully depressed so it caught on the edge of the frame. Now that could be in the design and tolerances of the trigger or my Polymer 80 frame. When I depressed the trigger safety fully there was no issue.

Overall I like the feel and accuracy of the trigger.

Just a further update. I installed the same trigger and trigger bar in my stock G19 frame and didn't have the trigger safety catch on the frame glitch. After more dry fire and live fire, I really like the feel of the trigger.