PDA

View Full Version : NW TacCon shotgun blocks

jlw
08-01-2018, 05:04 PM
I taught two blocks of shotgun at the NW TacCon this past weekend with 35 students combined between the two blocks. Equipment ranged from an Ithaca 37 with dual wielding side saddles up to an Aridus/Magpul equipped 1301.

One of the students let me make a run with his 1301:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRacixH1SW0

You can't have a shotgun class without some Rolling Thunder:

https://youtu.be/nUL1xuEj1KY

Drang
08-02-2018, 05:18 AM
Looks and sounds like a great time was had by all, but when I contemplate the heat this past week, it almost makes me glad I decided not to try and fit NW TacCon into the budget...

...although the last time I was on that range (Basic Shotgun class in, um, 2014?) it was cold and drizzling, so I guess it would have balanced out!

WobblyPossum
08-02-2018, 05:19 AM
The blonde woman near the middle of the line during rolling thunder looks like she can really run her shotgun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jlw
08-02-2018, 09:12 AM
Looks and sounds like a great time was had by all, but when I contemplate the heat this past week, it almost makes me glad I decided not to try and fit NW TacCon into the budget...

...although the last time I was on that range (Basic Shotgun class in, um, 2014?) it was cold and drizzling, so I guess it would have balanced out!

It was hot, but the humidity was much, much less than what I'm used too with the same temps. At least we weren't hot and drenched.

OlongJohnson
08-05-2018, 09:13 AM
It’s so cute when people in Pugetopolis think it’s hot out.

Drang
08-12-2018, 03:57 AM

You wouldn't believe what they think is "cold"...

Odin Bravo One
08-12-2018, 06:28 AM
If it weren’t behind enemy lines, it would be tempting. But who am I kidding? I’ve had to give up my slot theee times, so I’ve just given up on TacCon.

John Hearne
08-12-2018, 11:19 AM

I've lived in Mississippi for 18 years and Las Vegas for four years before that. That place almost killed me with the crazily unseasonable high temp and low humidity so I didn't realize how much I was sweating.

Sherman A. House DDS
08-12-2018, 11:53 AM
I've lived in Mississippi for 18 years and Las Vegas for four years before that. That place almost killed me with the crazily unseasonable high temp and low humidity so I didn't realize how much I was sweating.

What John said!

I’M FROM WA but I’ve lived in TN for the past 13 years...it was never that hot when I was a kid. And the dry heat really takes it out of you when you’re accustomed to the swamp-ass humidity and heat of the South.

With that said, I prefer the WA heat!

RevolverRob
08-12-2018, 12:02 PM
The blonde woman near the middle of the line during rolling thunder looks like she can really run her shotgun.

No shit.

What kind of shotgun is she running? It looks to have virtually ZERO recoil in her hands.

Also that M4 with the Triji on top looks gigantic...

jlw
08-12-2018, 12:05 PM
Thankfully, we were mostly in the shade on the shotgun range. They dry heat does tend to sneak up on you, but at least your not drenched in your own sweat.

I keep a cooler in my truck at all times and have a supply of electrolyte packets that I can mix with water; however, my truck was on the other end of the continent.