PDA

View Full Version : Colion Noir on Adam Carolla podcast today

OlongJohnson
07-26-2018, 09:29 AM
Actually kinda light on the guns. Not bad, but it seems like Colion is kind of lost in the swirl of endless rant. Adam is a lot more interested in banging the drum of culture than actually hearing about guns.

As a lifetime car guy who got interested in guns later, I'd love to take Adam to the range with some really nice mechanical things. I'm pretty sure he's wired to end up with a nice collection.

mtnbkr
07-26-2018, 11:00 AM
Actually kinda light on the guns. Not bad, but it seems like Colion is kind of lost in the swirl of endless rant. Adam is a lot more interested in banging the drum of culture than actually hearing about guns.

As a lifetime car guy who got interested in guns later, I'd love to take Adam to the range with some really nice mechanical things. I'm pretty sure he's wired to end up with a nice collection.

I'm a longtime listener of his podcast, but walked away when I started working from home and didn't have many opportunities to listen to his daily 2-3hr show. Don't get me wrong, I like it, but without being captured in my car for 2hrs+ each day, I started to get behind and finally gave up.

I haven't heard this podcast, but will track it down.

He has talked about guns before. His FIL or maybe Grand-FIL left him a small collection which he has taken to the range. He admits to enjoy shooting them recreationally, but doesn't feel the need to own for SD purposes. As a former boxing instructor and someone who continues to stay fit and healthy, he's probably better suited than your typical California Beta at unarmed self defense, so I kind of get his reluctance there. Anyhoo...

Numerous times he's come to the defense of the idea of gun ownership and the connection to constitutional rights. He wavers a bit on the "reasonable gun control" meme, but I'll chalk that up to living in CA and not having grown up around them. He's more of an ally than a foe for us in many ways, not just on the gun topic. IIRC, Gina, one of his co-hosts, is a gun owner and avid shooter. The other one, Bryan, is decidedly not.

Chris

OlongJohnson
07-26-2018, 11:27 AM
I'd love the chance to talk with him about "reasonable gun control," because he would totally understand all the arguments.

TheNewbie
07-28-2018, 01:01 AM
I have listened to Adam's books on tapes. They literally make me laugh out loud, and I am extremely comedy picky.

Adam Corolla and Dennis Prager together is a great duo as well.