PDA

View Full Version : Folding Glock

FoldingGlock
07-23-2018, 06:12 PM
Hey guys,

So recently I purchased a FULL CONCEAL folding Glock 19. Also dubbed the M3D. This is the Glock 19 with a cut making it able to fold in half while carrying 21 + 1 rounds. That being said you don't need a holster and it can slip in your pocket. I bought this from a local gun store on the West coast. The shop only had one and I guess its a relatively new company. The guy "Rick" at the gun shop showed it to me and explained how it worked. Supposedly they have been selling a lot of these. So far I absolutely love it and don't think i'm going back to conventional carry anytime soon. Let me know what you guys think!!!!!28326

JBP55
07-23-2018, 06:43 PM
BAD IDEA!

Bill
07-23-2018, 06:45 PM
I give the mods another 30ish minutes before this thread and user are banned

HCM
07-23-2018, 06:57 PM
Hey guys,

So recently I purchased a FULL CONCEAL folding Glock 19. Also dubbed the M3D. This is the Glock 19 with a cut making it able to fold in half while carrying 21 + 1 rounds. That being said you don't need a holster and it can slip in your pocket. I bought this from a local gun store on the West coast. The shop only had one and I guess its a relatively new company. The guy "Rick" at the gun shop showed it to me and explained how it worked. Supposedly they have been selling a lot of these. So far I absolutely love it and don't think i'm going back to conventional carry anytime soon. Let me know what you guys think!!!!!28326

My first thought was this sure smells like Astroturfing but Tom addressed that while I was typing.

My second thought is your product is a bad idea which will only appeal to people who don't know any better. What is your time to deploy this from a pocket, unfold it and get a shot on target vs drawing a standard Glock 19 from a holster ?

My third thought is you will likely sell a bunch of these because / PT Barnum and you will be too busy counting the cash ask yourself about the moral implications are of selling people something which impedes their ability to defend themselves effectively in a timely manner.

Lester Polfus
07-23-2018, 06:59 PM
38 minutes.

Well done Mr. Jones. Mods here are the shit.

Malamute
07-23-2018, 07:08 PM
He is the Marketing Director at Full Conceal.

He forgot to mention that in his bio.

CCT125US
07-23-2018, 07:09 PM
Just to throw more monkeys into this circus..... What drills, tests, and standards are you using as a gauge to determine this folding firearm is better? Bonus for video...

blues
07-23-2018, 07:12 PM
He is the Marketing Director at Full Conceal.

He forgot to mention that in his bio.

Well, in fairness, it is Full Conceal, so...

:p

cjb1911
07-23-2018, 07:16 PM
As soon as I read the thread title, I knew it wasn't going to go the way the OP had planned. Bonus that it's actually the marketing director lullzzzzzz.

Lester Polfus
07-23-2018, 07:19 PM
As someone who has launched my own small business in the last year, and has been deep diving into learning how to market, I can almost have some sympathy for Mr. FoldingGlock. There are dozens of courses, books, and videos out there that purport to teach people how to market, and some of them teach stuff exactly like this.

The independent author community that I am a part of is full of some really sketchy marketing shit much like Mr. FoldingGlock just tried. Somtimes, in the short term, it even works. However, I am aware of no one who has built a long-term, lasting business using any strategy other than to focus on providing a quality product and providing an excellent customer experience.

I like watching people turn their dreams into reality, and I would really encourage you to do things a different way man. Good luck.

john c
And having "Folding Glock" as your username shows no attempt in even TRYING to conceal the astroturf....

I actually think the Full Conceal M1 might have some merit. It's basically a 19 frame chopped down to 26 size, with the Full Conceal extra magazine to swing down as an extra. It's fully functional as-is, with extra ammo on board. Other forum members have chopped their 19's down to 26 grip length, and been satisfied.

VT1032
But I think the question we all want answers to is, when is the XD version coming out??? Also, how many foldaglocks can you fit in a sausage sack?

blues
07-23-2018, 07:24 PM
Tom, I think we should take his user handle and mix it around some... change it from Folding Glock to Focking Gold (since that's what that first post was and intended to achieve.)

There's a certain symmetry to it, imho.

awp_101
07-23-2018, 07:49 PM
I'm just grateful to have been here to witness this as it happened. One day this small bunch will be able to reminisce about this episode over an electronic campfire and when the youngsters ask "What ever happened to those fold up plastic pistols?" we can hold our heads high and proudly answer "I was a witness".

HCM
07-23-2018, 07:57 PM
/thread.

richiecotite
07-23-2018, 08:19 PM
Bruh didn’t even have enough dambs to give to choose a believable screen name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aray
07-23-2018, 09:00 PM
This could have been so much more interesting, but Tom_Jones just had to be professional...mods here are shit.

Shoresy
07-23-2018, 09:03 PM
and stated they "would love for you to give us your professional opinion of our product (In an online blog post / thread).​"

Well, that's certainly a bold statement.

blues
07-23-2018, 09:06 PM
Well, that's certainly a bold statement.

Does that qualify as be careful what you wish for?

Shoresy
07-23-2018, 09:14 PM
Does that qualify as be careful what you wish for?

Exactly that, with a Dodgeball flavor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HVejEB5uVk

Hot Sauce
07-23-2018, 10:14 PM
I have, on occasion, heard dumber ideas than this monstrosity... but seldom have they been brought to life.

Olim9
07-23-2018, 10:52 PM

It feels like someone...wants to sell me something!

Totem Polar
07-23-2018, 11:38 PM
Serious question (not that either the thread or the idea warrants such, but here I go anyways): wouldn’t it just be simpler to chop a G19 grip and stick that in one’s pocket, with the full-capacity mag carried offside, if the goal is to stick an unassembled Glock in your pocket? I’m pretty sure I could seat a mag faster than I could unfold that thing, and I’m no Gabe White.

BillSWPA
07-23-2018, 11:44 PM
As someone who has launched my own small business in the last year, and has been deep diving into learning how to market, I can almost have some sympathy for Mr. FoldingGlock. There are dozens of courses, books, and videos out there that purport to teach people how to market, and some of them teach stuff exactly like this.

The independent author community that I am a part of is full of some really sketchy marketing shit much like Mr. FoldingGlock just tried. Somtimes, in the short term, it even works. However, I am aware of no one who has built a long-term, lasting business using any strategy other than to focus on providing a quality product and providing an excellent customer experience.

I like watching people turn their dreams into reality, and I would really encourage you to do things a different way man. Good luck.

My 11th anniversary of running my own business was July 17. Getting business comes down to being findable to those who are looking for you, providing consistently good service, and making sure others learn that you provide good service.

In the case of the original poster, he is going to need some credible people demonstrating and shooting his product, preferably on video, as well as some discussion of exactly how and why the product is better than other solutions for the same problem. For example, compare it to a smaller gun that is already fully ready to go, and demonstrate the comparison in simulated responses to the situation this product is designed to address. Unfortunately I suspect that advantages may prove difficult to demonstrate.

I agree with Tom: whether we would buy them is a different issue from whether they will sell.

Lester Polfus
07-23-2018, 11:44 PM
Rob Pincus has said on FB that he thinks the folding glock is neat. I think it's neat too. I just put a "some assembly required" gun into the same category as condition 3/"Israeli"/empty-chamber carry. It's not for me, but I think they'll sell a ton of them.

But only if they make a Serpa for it.

The real killer would be if Taurus made something like this that was curved, and made in different colors.

<I couldn't contain it any longer>

LockedBreech
07-24-2018, 12:28 AM
*Sees fishy thread*
Ooh, fun
*Sees Tom obliterate the guy in the 2nd or 3rd post*
OOhhhh I don't care what universe you're from, that's gotta hurt.

Drang
07-24-2018, 01:21 AM
I fired the Mod 1, grip chop w/mag holder, at Triggrcon last year:
https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?27005-Triggrcon&p=633149&viewfull=1#post633149

Full Conceal (https://www.facebook.com/fullconceal/). Their rail mounted mag clamp thing garnered a lot of derp claims.
In the context of a Sig P320 Compact with the grip and mags cut down, giving the whole package about the profile of a Samsung Galaxy S8, I can see their claims about concealability.
Not saying I buy the concept, but I tried a mag at 10 yards and was doing OK, two finger grip and all.
That was their "Mark I"; the "Mark III" is a mod to a Glock in which the grip folds forward and the trigger guard collapses...
Full Conceal's Folding Glock Akin To Magpul's FMG9 - The Firearm BlogThe Firearm Blog. (http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/07/28/full-conceals-folding-glock-akin-magpuls-fmg9/) MistWolf shared this: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?27005-Triggrcon&p=633235&viewfull=1#post633235
And Tom_Jones shared this in the same thread: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?27005-Triggrcon&p=633285&viewfull=1#post633285

fixer
07-24-2018, 05:57 AM
I don't like the disconnected trigger.

It may sound like I'm jumping sharks, but this looks like a public safety menace in hands of inexperienced users.

Secondly, I don't know how long Glock will tolerate this being marketed as "Folding Glock".

Hambo
07-24-2018, 06:18 AM
My first thought was this sure smells like Astroturfing

I didn't know that Astroturf had a smell. :confused:

If marketing guy had bothered to search for the product he's marketing on the forum, he'd have found them mentioned before and not in a kind way.

Joe in PNG
07-24-2018, 06:18 AM
It's still a solution searching for a problem.
A good holster and belt combo will allow someone to tote a normal Glock 19.
A good AIWB holster and a SCD allows for carrying a full Glock 17.
If someone wants to pocket carry, judicious pants selection will allow for a Glock 26 or 43.

All of which are proven designs with proven techniques to put into action quickly.

HCountyGuy
07-24-2018, 08:27 AM
It’s a neat idea, I just can’t see the practicality of it. This takes Israeli Carry up a few notches, and there’s enough drawbacks to that to dismiss it as a good idea in the context of immediate self-defense. I think the argument can be made if you’ve got enough time to assemble your pistol, you’d be better served by hastily de-assing the AO.

I’d run one a little bit for grins and giggles, but I’m not an SME with credible experience to make a review most folks would pay attention to.

BillSWPA
07-24-2018, 09:27 AM
I don't like the disconnected trigger.

It may sound like I'm jumping sharks, but this looks like a public safety menace in hands of inexperienced users.

Secondly, I don't know how long Glock will tolerate this being marketed as "Folding Glock".

Once the first legitimate sale occurs (from Glock to its distributor), most of Glock’s rights with respect to that pistol are extinguished.

As long as it is being truthfully described as a modified Glock, and the trademark is not being over-used more than necessary to truthfully describe the product, there is nothing they can do.

LittleLebowski
07-24-2018, 09:32 AM
Rob Pincus has said on FB that he thinks the folding glock is neat. I think it's neat too. I just put a "some assembly required" gun into the same category as condition 3/"Israeli"/empty-chamber carry. It's not for me, but I think they'll sell a ton of them.

He's not a fan of the SCD. I'm not a fan of his judgement.

Mark D
07-24-2018, 10:24 AM
I want to see Sacha Baron Cohen, in character as a Mossad counter-terrorism expert, to show the Folding Glock to firearm celebrities for their review.

okie john
07-24-2018, 12:03 PM
Astroturfing, in general, says a lot about a person and the their products. However, how they respond once their astroturfing has been exposed says even more. I don't necessarily have high expectations that the reputation of you, your company, or your products can be salvaged on PF, but I'm willing to give it a shot.

For the last 16 years, I've been a copywriter, strategist, and creative director in ad agencies working on business for global and national brands. I've also helped create and lead in-house agencies for those brands. The problem with astroturfing is that it's a lie, and lies ultimately overshadow any actual benefit that a product offers. It has been strictly prohibited everywhere that I've ever worked, and suggesting it would get you fired on the spot.

I can't see a place for a folding pistol in my life, but I'm sure that other people can. Full Conceal should develop a solid value proposition based on their product's merits and base their marketing work on that. I suspect that a line of holsters would go a long way toward helping this thing sell.

Okie John

jetfire
07-24-2018, 12:13 PM
I want to see Sacha Baron Cohen, in character as a Mossad counter-terrorism expert, to show the Folding Glock to firearm celebrities for their review.

You read my mind

blues
07-24-2018, 12:39 PM
Just pray he doesn't learn about the gadget...

JRB
07-24-2018, 12:56 PM

You read my mind

I'd much rather see a real Mossad agent get five minutes alone with Mr Cohen's worthless and morally bankrupt ass. Five minutes should be enough for a Mossad agent could properly convey exactly how they felt about dragging that organization's name and purpose through the mud to make profoundly unrealistic and extreme social commentary to pass off as reality to the intellectually disconnected.

Three or four camera angles and at least one high-speed camera would be nice, but I'll take a GoPro's footage if that's all that's available.

HCM
07-28-2018, 12:24 AM

Glenn E. Meyer
07-28-2018, 03:07 PM
Tom Givens should add a butt defense module to the Tac Conference. See who signs up to yell: AMERICA!

Sorry, Tom!

ReverendMeat
07-28-2018, 05:20 PM
*Sees fishy thread*
Ooh, fun
*Sees Tom obliterate the guy in the 2nd or 3rd post*
OOhhhh I don't care what universe you're from, that's gotta hurt.

A Phantom Menace reference?

Y'know, you're alright in my book

Pacioli
07-28-2018, 05:56 PM
Seems to me the folding Glock is what Isreali carry would look like if it had been conceived by a Brownie troop on crack.

blues
07-28-2018, 06:01 PM
Seems to me the folding Glock is what Isreali carry would look like if it had been conceived by a Brownie troop on crack.

Wow...that's a lot of moving parts to contemplate.

LockedBreech
07-28-2018, 06:17 PM
A Phantom Menace reference?

Y'know, you're alright in my book

Haha! It took a few pages before someone grabbed it, but I'm proud of you man. :D

JustOneGun
07-28-2018, 06:46 PM
It's still a solution searching for a problem.
A good holster and belt combo will allow someone to tote a normal Glock 19.
A good AIWB holster and a SCD allows for carrying a full Glock 17.
If someone wants to pocket carry, judicious pants selection will allow for a Glock 26 or 43.

All of which are proven designs with proven techniques to put into action quickly.

Yep, solution to me is a G26 in a JMCK holster. But some people like the ipad in your pocket look So there's that.

richiecotite
07-29-2018, 01:46 PM
Saw them at the gunshot the weekend. Didn’t get fold/unfold it though. Price was $729 I believe for only the lower.

Zirk208
07-29-2018, 07:27 PM
6 days and he hasn't returned to see the feedback he said he was interested in hearing. This is my shocked face :eek:

WobblyPossum
07-29-2018, 08:39 PM
I’m not exactly shocked that the people responsible for this dumb idea turned out to be shmucks.

JCS
07-29-2018, 08:45 PM
I would say that I’ll never support their business after those type of shenanigans but who am I kidding I was never going to buy a folding Glock anyways.

holmes168
07-29-2018, 08:47 PM
So....before I get out my wallet.....the folding Glock won’t be the PF trend for August......

Zirk208
07-29-2018, 08:51 PM
So....before I get out my wallet.....the folding Glock won’t be the PF trend for August......

It appears it won't be the next g19, px4, p-07, etc.

DacoRoman
07-29-2018, 09:40 PM
If he puts a folding bipod on that folding Glock, I'll be all over it :D:D:D

Balisong
07-30-2018, 12:54 AM
I don't know exactly how this sort of thing works.... but if we were to tack this thread to the top would it make it more likely to show up with Internet searches for "folding glock"? I don't mean just PF searches, but generalized Internet searching. If I was curious about an item such as this, I would appreciate getting the insight into the quality of character of the company and their spokesman/management.

Drang
07-30-2018, 01:13 AM
We could all share the thread on Facespace, Twitter, blogs, etc...

FPS
07-30-2018, 01:17 AM
I don't know exactly how this sort of thing works.... but if we were to tack this thread to the top would it make it more likely to show up with Internet searches for "folding glock"? I don't mean just PF searches, but generalized Internet searching. If I was curious about an item such as this, I would appreciate getting the insight into the quality of character of the company and their spokesman/management.

Blog about it and link to the thread, share it on social media, get the Reddit community talking about it.

HCountyGuy
07-30-2018, 09:38 AM
Hey I was genuine in my offer to test-drive one for grins and giggles. Not going to plunk my own coin down on it though. But I’m sure they’ll get someone like Costa, Yeager or Zero to help pimp it. Or maybe this is more Voda’s specialty.

Grey
07-30-2018, 11:03 AM
Keep being classy folding glock guys...

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

RJ
07-30-2018, 05:02 PM
I have a dumb question: How is this thing marketed as a "Glock"?

I assume Glock USA is at least aware of this item being sold in the market place; I mean, it shoots, right? So it much have a serial number and sold via a FFL?

Or is this simply a purchased and converted item based on a previously unfolded Glock?

Nephrology
07-30-2018, 05:47 PM
Keep being classy folding glock guys...

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Pretty sure they'll go outta business before I finish my MD, so I wouldn't lose much sleep over it

RJ
07-30-2018, 07:12 PM
They can convert your gun, or you can buy a converted gun from them. Also, the product isn’t marketed (directly) as “Folding Glock”. The product name appears to be the M3D Folding Semi-Auto Pistol.

Ah.

Ok, thanks Tom. That makes more sense.

Glenn E. Meyer
07-31-2018, 09:59 AM
Put the folding Glock in your pocket and the cell phone 380 in your cell phone holder - https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2018/07/27/tfbtv-the-cell-phone-gun-ideal-conceal-380-derringer-pistol/

Then make a plastic gun in your garage with your 3D printer.

Ask the NRA and Donald if it makes sense. See if Chuck approves: http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/399633-trump-public-access-to-3d-printed-guns-doesnt-seem-to-make-much-sense

Tamara
08-22-2018, 04:11 PM
It appears it won't be the next g19, px4, p-07, etc.

Wait, I'm still on G19. What'd I miss?

blues
08-22-2018, 04:12 PM

Well, look what the cat dragged in! Welcome home, sister.

Joe in PNG
08-22-2018, 04:40 PM

It's a PF gun hipster thing.
The new hotness is K Frame S&W's.

Tamara
08-22-2018, 04:45 PM
It's a PF gun hipster thing.
The new hotness is K Frame S&W's.

I've been using a 2" .38 K-frame as a bedside gun for probably the last dozen years, replacing a Beretta 96D. So I was a hipster before it was cool? :D

DamonL
08-22-2018, 04:49 PM
I've been using a 2" .38 K-frame as a bedside gun for probably the last dozen years, replacing a Beretta 96D. So I was a hipster before it was cool? :D

So you are stuck on a Model 19 and not a Glock 19?