PDA

View Full Version : Brave response appendix holster

Amurr
07-23-2018, 01:30 PM
Anyone have any experience with this. Looks interesting. Is soft material
But I see they have a Velcro trigger guard cover of sorts.

Thanks

Erick Gelhaus
07-23-2018, 02:31 PM
Ran a bing search and I think I found them.

A few problems I see ... how does one reholster in the rig? Not digging the angle, cant of the pistol. Nor do I like a retention strap that goes across the back strap of the pistol frame rather than across the rear of the slide where a traditional thumb strap or rotating bale is positioned.

Amurr
07-23-2018, 05:52 PM
Who uses bing? LOL

For refernace if not OK to post let me know I am happy to delete. No affiliation with the company:
https://www.concealedcarry.com/product/brave-response-appendix-holster/

orionz06
07-23-2018, 06:03 PM
Looks like they took a Smart Carry and found more ways than I woulda thought possible to make it worse.

jellydonut
07-23-2018, 07:23 PM
Leave nylon holsters in the 90s where they belong. This thing is an atrocity, and a femoral artery wound waiting to happen.

Trukinjp13
07-23-2018, 07:24 PM
I get the thought process. Soft material feels better around the junk. It also makes the holster thicker and bulkier. Also why the velcro. Too much stuff going on.

But we live in a kydex era for a reason. It is safer and faster to work out of.

Maybe, just maybe, if someone designs a esstac kywi type deal. Soft outside liner with kydex insert? Idk man. Or just wrap a jmck aiwb in some soft fuzzy shit and call it good.

Erick Gelhaus
07-24-2018, 03:26 PM
Who uses bing? LOL

For refernace if not OK to post let me know I am happy to delete. No affiliation with the company:
https://www.concealedcarry.com/product/brave-response-appendix-holster/

Since you asked about the holster but didn't provide any references I had to go look it up & quite frankly I'm not a google fan.

Yup, we're discussing the same holster. No, I would not ever recommend it.

jetfire
07-24-2018, 03:37 PM
To put it mildly but also get to point, the Brave Response holster is dangerous trash.

Darth_Uno
07-24-2018, 03:50 PM
There's so much wrong with that holster I won't even bother. But this right here is a big ol Negative Ghost Rider: "It Fits ALL Semi-Automatic handguns and most smaller revolvers".

Larry T
07-26-2018, 07:01 AM
This is the one you want...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRGfIp2vivE

pangloss
07-29-2018, 10:18 PM

I've had the misfortune of seeing one of those things in person. They are as awful as the video makes them look. They guy I saw with one could not reholster without unfastening his belt, unbuttoning and unzipping his pants, and completely losing muzzle control.

pangloss
07-29-2018, 10:34 PM
Anyone have any experience with this. Looks interesting. Is soft material
But I see they have a Velcro trigger guard cover of sorts.

Thanks

My thoughts are in line with everyone else here. It looks like an awful holster, and I'm sure I will never have any first hand experience to report on.

If you want a good holster in that price range, check out the Sidekick from KSG Armory ($65 and short lead time). I used the Sidekick one for about a year, and after I got it set up properly, I was very pleased. It was a little too snug for the pistol when I switched to a Gen5, which justified me trying holsters from Dark Star Gear and JMCK.

OnionsAndDragons
07-30-2018, 02:19 AM
Whole lotta nope.

A bellyband or Smart Carry with a kydex insert are very manageable for a compact or smaller. You could also opt to do a trigger guard holster in one of those options to mitigate safety and reholstering issues.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RJ
07-30-2018, 07:16 AM
I've had the misfortune of seeing one of those things in person. They are as awful as the video makes them look. They guy I saw with one could not reholster without unfastening his belt, unbuttoning and unzipping his pants, and completely losing muzzle control.

What could go wrong? :cool:

On topic - Not seeing any advantage and a lot of disadvantage to this holster.

I’m sure it will sell well if they pay to display it at the larger Gen pop gun stores. As in, near the Uncle Mikes or Serpa Blackhawk! displays.

archangel
07-30-2018, 03:23 PM

This one?
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/TerribleUniqueBushsqueaker-size_restricted.gif