PDA

View Full Version : Can recommendations please.

SC_Dave
07-23-2018, 06:58 AM
I've decided I want a silencer. My rifle is a Daniel Defense DDM4V11 16" barrel. My use of this rifle is training, practice, home defense. With so many options I would appreciate some direction.

Also please give me an idea of how the NFA process works for a silencer. Do I fill out a Form 4 and wait on a stamp to buy the can or vice-versa?

How is the best way to fill out the form, should I just print it out from the BATF website a fill it out or can it be done electronically ?

This is new to me and I am researching it but I'm hoping you guys can shorten my learning curve.

Thanks!

Dan_S
07-23-2018, 07:26 AM
You purchase the item, then fill out paperwork, submit paperwork, wait.....wait....and wait some more.

Easiest way to purchase a silencer (that I’m aware of) is to go to the Silencer Shop website, figure out what you want, and order.

Then go to a Silencer Shop ‘powered’ dealer nearby. and submit prints thru their ‘kiosk’ system. Upload a photo from your phone, and....you’re done.

The other option would be that your dealer you purchase from would fill out the Form 4, and you would need to go to the local Sheriff’s office for prints (on approved cards, obtained from your dealer or directly from ATF).

Then again, Hahnson Brothers may have some connections in SC, where you could support local business rather than going thru silencer shop.

Hansohn Brothers
07-23-2018, 08:51 AM
Short version of how to purchase a silencer:

- Purchase the silencer you want
- Your Dealer will complete the forms, take your finger prints and photos plus the NFA tax
- You Dealer will submit the forms
- Your Dealer will contact you when the approved form is received and arrange pickup

Where in SC are you?

SC_Dave
07-23-2018, 09:47 AM
Short version of how to purchase a silencer:

- Purchase the silencer you want
- Your Dealer will complete the forms, take your finger prints and photos plus the NFA tax
- You Dealer will submit the forms
- Your Dealer will contact you when the approved form is received and arrange pickup

Where in SC are you?

I use to live in SC, I'm now in Hickory, NC.

Hansohn Brothers
07-23-2018, 10:49 AM
I use to live in SC, I'm now in Hickory, NC.

In that case, contact Tar Heel State Firearms.

http://www.tarheelstatefirearms.com

LittleLebowski
07-23-2018, 04:42 PM
I would not rule out comparison shopping between Hansohn and other local dealers. I have a buddy in Florida, Hansohn made him an offer he couldn’t refuse on a can :D