PDA

View Full Version : Why add traction to the trigger guard?

cornstalker
07-22-2018, 09:24 PM
I ask in ignorance. Why stipple the bottom of the trigger guard?

Bill
07-22-2018, 09:26 PM
Depending on your grip, it can add a nice friction point to assist in locking down your support hand.

JSGlock34
07-22-2018, 09:27 PM
It can help to lock-in the support hand. I don't think it's a big difference, but I've sometimes put some skateboard tape on the bottom of a Glock trigger guard.

cornstalker
07-22-2018, 09:55 PM
It can help to lock-in the support hand. I don't think it's a big difference, but I've sometimes put some skateboard tape on the bottom of a Glock trigger guard.

I will try that. I have never noticed slippage in that area, but I guess that you don't know what you don't know.

Thanks for the replies.

Clusterfrack
07-22-2018, 10:23 PM
I do not find it helpful. Adding grip to the upper support hand side of the grip is much more important for me.

YVK
07-22-2018, 11:29 PM
That's for when a busted up Glock knuckle is just not enough and you want to add a busted up Glock phalanx.

Darth_Uno
07-22-2018, 11:39 PM
After taking a class that didn’t stop for minor inconveniences like torrential downpours, I learned I want all the grip I can get. I want aggressive texture everywhere my hands touch the gun.

Granted, I’ve got pretty callused hands from working construction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ER_STL
07-23-2018, 09:22 AM
Hey dude...

Some shooters apply a "pinch and roll" technique where they contact the underside of the trigger guard with their support hand and then roll it onto the strong hand and gun. Stippling or grip-tape helps prevent the support hand from coming forward away from the strong hand at all and it can help lock the hands together. That being said, I've tried it and didn't like it too much.