PDA

View Full Version : Would this G26 be G2G?

65k10
02-20-2012, 01:47 PM
I'm looking at getting a G26 for a CCW and I found a brand new OD framed one at my local gun store. After hearing about the issues with some of the late gen3 Glocks I wanted to ask if this one would be fine to buy. I called Glock and found out it was imported in May of 2010. I don't think the extractor was flat along the top edge though, which is why I'm a bit concerned about buying it. Can someone here help direct me to whether or not this is a good buy? Thank you.

F-Trooper05
02-20-2012, 02:20 PM
I got my G17 in June, 2009 and a G26 in October, 2009 (both NIB), that both came with dipped extractors and are both good to go. My OD G19 is from October 2008 and also has the dipped extractor and it works like a charm (although I got it used, so the extractor may have been installed by the previous owner on this one). Either way, they all work.

JHC
02-20-2012, 02:23 PM
My hunch is it's safe. The OD guns are highly sought after lately. Always seems to happen once something that didn't sell as well is removed from the market. RTF2s case in point. Gen 3 guns are not as risky as the Gen 4s.

What's the worst case scenario with this gun? Might need an extractor or ejector? Cheap stuff. And it probably will not need them. My $0.02.

JHC
02-20-2012, 02:24 PM
I got my G17 in June, 2009 and a G26 in October, 2009 (both NIB), that both came with dipped extractors and are both good to go. My OD G19 is from October 2008 and also has the dipped extractor and it works like a charm (although I got it used, so the extractor may have been installed by the previous owner on this one). Either way, they all work.

+1 I have several dipped extractor Gen 3s which all run well. Some from years back and some from '10.

LittleLebowski
02-20-2012, 02:26 PM
I'd say that the OD would be a very safe bet as they haven't been made for a while (correct me if I'm wrong). In fact, if you don't buy it, please let me know the location of the store via PM.

orionz06
02-20-2012, 02:48 PM
I'd say that the OD would be a very safe bet as they haven't been made for a while (correct me if I'm wrong). In fact, if you don't buy it, please let me know the location of the store via PM.

And if you don't get it maybe I will.

65k10
02-20-2012, 02:59 PM

Glad to hear it should be a solid buy. At any rate it will match my OD G17 (not that it really matters). I've got to get some money together and hopefully I can buy it in a few days.

65k10
02-22-2012, 07:59 PM
Well I got it put on layaway tonight. Oddly enough a black G26 that had been there earlier had sold while the OD has sat. Good fortune for me I guess. Sorry for the twitter like update. I just wanted to make sure anyone who was interested in the gun knew I ended up getting it for myself.

VolGrad
02-22-2012, 08:02 PM
And if you don't get it maybe I will.

That's what I was thinking too.

JHC
02-22-2012, 08:23 PM
Well I got it put on layaway tonight. Oddly enough a black G26 that had been there earlier had sold while the OD has sat. Good fortune for me I guess. Sorry for the twitter like update. I just wanted to make sure anyone who was interested in the gun knew I ended up getting it for myself.

It would be great to get the range report when you can. Enjoy.

65k10
02-23-2012, 12:17 AM
It would be great to get the range report when you can. Enjoy.

I'll try to when I pick it up and get some time to shoot it. Unfortunately my current living arrangement means I can't keep any guns on hand to practice with, so my pistol skills aren't very good. At best I can say whether or not the gun functions. Hopefully I will be moving to somewhere better in a few months and that will change. In the meantime I should really start exploring the software section of this site and try to learn something.

Nephrology
02-25-2012, 12:30 PM
I have a 2007 G26 that is a favorite of mine. Very underrated little pistol. You will be happy with yours.