PDA

View Full Version : Coldbore Customs - anyone had contact with Lane lately?

Mark D
07-17-2018, 02:26 PM
Has anyone else has experienced problems reaching Coldbore? I tried to contact Lane via email and the email bounced back. Twice.

"Mail delivery failed...there is no one at this address"

I have a G19 there for a grip reduction, so I'm hoping this is just a temporary problem with their email system.

Appalachained
07-17-2018, 02:48 PM
I’ve emailed a couple of times in the past year without a response. I ended up going elsewhere, but I would have rather had Lane’s grip reduction.

theJanitor
07-17-2018, 02:58 PM
We communicated via email in late May. Since I didn't commission any work, we've not had to converse since

NickA
07-17-2018, 03:50 PM
He's a member here- Texaspoff - maybe try pm'ing him or hopefully my hashtag thingy worked to notify him.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Up1911Fan
07-17-2018, 04:54 PM
I felt bad. A coworker sent him a frame on my recommendation, I believe he got it back around 8 months later. He was quoted much sooner and said communication was almost nonexistent. At this point I would probably go with the Duty package from BoreSite.

TheNewbie
07-17-2018, 05:20 PM
He posted on here a few days ago. I think he's also pretty busy with his full time job.

Wayne Dobbs
07-17-2018, 05:22 PM
I also sent him a PM here without an answer.

Mark D
07-17-2018, 05:27 PM
He posted on here a few days ago. I think he's also pretty busy with his full time job.

Yeah, he does have a full time LE job. And a very steady workload at Cold Bore, I suspect. I was just curious because of the email delivery failure notices that I (and Tom Jones) received.

Leroy Suggs
07-17-2018, 05:29 PM
He was last seen yesterday at 6:48 pm on Glock Talk.

TheNewbie
07-17-2018, 05:54 PM
Yeah, he does have a full time LE job. And a very steady workload at Cold Bore, I suspect. I was just curious because of the email delivery failure notices that I (and Tom Jones) received.

Oh your question is legitimate. I just wanted to help solve the mystery. :p

Mark D
07-17-2018, 06:01 PM
He was last seen yesterday at 6:48 pm on Glock Talk.

That's encouraging. Thanks hubcap, and everyone else who has provided input.

Texaspoff
07-18-2018, 07:42 AM
I apologize to everyone who has been getting the email failures. I have been having some long term issues with my hosting provider and webmail services. I am slowly trying to move everything to a new provider to help resolve some of those issues. I also apologize for communications being spotty, again some of that is due to mail issues, and the rest due to my hectic scheduling. I do work full time as an LE, and then in the shop when not working. I loose track of my work hours around the 75 mark...:) I figure I can rest when I'm gone.

I hope to have the new systems up and running soon. In the event you don't get an email response, you can probably reach me either here or a few of the other sites. While I don't always login when I visit, I do try and keep up with the PM's when I do. Sometimes I just drop real quick to look for an image or something for reference.

I appreciate everyone's patience with me and the wait times. I could of course hire some folks to help out, but I can't bring myself to do it. In the event I have to go behind and redo something that wasn't done correctly the first time, that would create more issues. I am not interested in becoming as commercialized as I have seen some places become. I would rather stay small and turn out a quality product, than sacrifice anything just to bring in more business and make more money.

I try as hard as I can to take on customers orders, but I will also recommend several others who do excellent work in the event my wait times are more than they prefer.

Again I appreciate everyone and please bear with me while I work through these technical issues.

Thanks

TXPO

Mark D
07-18-2018, 12:57 PM
I apologize to everyone who has been getting the email failures. I have been having some long term issues with my hosting provider and webmail services. I am slowly trying to move everything to a new provider to help resolve some of those issues. I also apologize for communications being spotty, again some of that is due to mail issues, and the rest due to my hectic scheduling. I do work full time as an LE, and then in the shop when not working. I loose track of my work hours around the 75 mark...:) I figure I can rest when I'm gone.

Again I appreciate everyone and please bear with me while I work through these technical issues.

Thanks

TXPO

Thanks for the update Lane!

richiecotite
07-18-2018, 06:36 PM
I sent out 2 frames in April for basic stippling and cleanup of a botched grip chop for one. Was quoted 90 days, received them a little after 60 days, very pleased with the results and received sooner than quoted. Lane did the lords work fixing the jacked up chopped frame.

Got 2 calls from Lanes wife to verify a few things as well.

100% pleased overall with my experience and will send out a few m&p frames soon