PDA

View Full Version : Sig 2022 trigger

Beardc66
07-17-2018, 09:53 AM
Can the trigger on a 2022 be as good as a 226 trigger with work? Are they the same?

Duelist
07-17-2018, 10:03 AM
Can the trigger on a 2022 be as good as a 226 trigger with work? Are they the same?

The one I had was good, with nothing done to it besides running a couple thousand rounds through it.

Greg
07-17-2018, 10:06 AM
Not the same, still good.

HCM
07-17-2018, 10:09 AM
Not the same, still good.

This.

A mild undercut of the trigger guard may help you get better leverage.

The SP2022 is a great gun.

I’m sure Grayguns could do something to improve the SP2022 trigger, not that it really needs improvement. Bruce Gray is the premier SIG competition shooter and gunsmith. Last time I trained with him his carry gun was an SP2022.

spinmove_
07-17-2018, 10:11 AM
The trigger in my SP2022 is probably the best SIG trigger I’ve ever felt.

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

JTQ
07-17-2018, 10:15 AM
The trigger in my SP2022 is probably the best SIG trigger I’ve ever felt.

For stock guns, I've heard this quite a bit over several forums.

ccmdfd
07-17-2018, 10:18 AM
No direct experience but for what it's worth

I've read where several competition SIG Shooters have said that out of the box, the 2022 has the best trigger. However, with good Gunsmithing work, the 226 trigger will be better than anything the 2022 can do

spinmove_
07-17-2018, 10:44 AM
No direct experience but for what it's worth

I've read where several competition SIG Shooters have said that out of the box, the 2022 has the best trigger. However, with good Gunsmithing work, the 226 trigger will be better than anything the 2022 can do

Admittedly I’ve never shot a heavily worked over classic P-series SIG trigger so this may very well be entirely true.

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

Nephrology
07-17-2018, 10:59 AM
For a carry pistol the trigger on the SP2022 is more than adequate right out of the box.

ubervic
07-17-2018, 11:23 AM
I bought a SP2022 a couple years ago, mainly as a low-cost, low-risk means to work on mastering the TDA platform. Lo and behold, the DA press was the nicest I'd ever experienced and the SA was great. Right out of the box. Definitely benefits from mild shaping underneath the trigger guard for comfort and some added leverage. Some of the general ergonomics are just slightly off, so it's not perfect. ...but it's a really good TDA pistol.

JonInWA
07-17-2018, 01:04 PM
As others have stated, the 2022 guns are noted for having a very nice triggerpull as they come. When I had my 2340 years ago, the senior gunsmith at SIG told me that while they tended to be quite nice, there really isn't much that can be done to them to improve them; I assume that that's still the case.

While Gray Guns or Rick Holm might be willing to give things a try (and no, I haven't queried them about it), I suspect that if you want significant modifications made there are probably platforms more amenable to such tweaking-keep in mind what you're getting/why you're getting it, and what you have from the get-go; you may not need much, if anything to be done.

And before sinking significant dollars into aftermarket work, I'd suggest doing a cost effectiveness matrix to see of the juice justifies the squeeze...

Best, Jon

Beardc66
07-17-2018, 01:39 PM
Great information. Very helpful

okie john
07-17-2018, 04:52 PM
The 2022 is a sleeper. You owe it to yourself to check one out. Sometimes you can find them for under $300.

Okie John

JonInWA
07-17-2018, 06:24 PM
The 2022 is a sleeper. You owe it to yourself to check one out. Sometimes you can find them for under $300.

Okie John

Agree, particularly for a DA/SA pistol. Quality pistol, quality magazines (I believer MecGar makes them for SIG). The grip and high bore axis can be a bit of an acquired taste, but for a primary gun that's hardly an insurmountable hurdle.

Best, Jon

David S.
07-18-2018, 08:17 AM
I had two problems with the 2022 and neither of them is the trigger. -

-My strong hand thumb naturally rests on the slide catch lever preventing slide lock. This happens to me on all TDA SIGs but was especially bad on the PRO.
-As far as I’m concerned, it’s closer in overall size to a full size than compact. At that size, I’d want a sub-compact option. I guess I could have complimented it with a P239, but I strongly prefer mag interchangeablility.

Neither are earth shatteringly bad. If that was the only option, I’d be fine with it. It’s not, so I’ve moved on.

Duelist
07-18-2018, 08:29 AM
I had two problems with the 2022 and neither of them is the trigger. -

-My strong hand thumb naturally rests on the slide catch lever preventing slide lock. This happens to me on all TDA SIGs but was especially bad on the PRO.
-As far as I’m concerned, it’s closer in overall size to a full size than compact. At that size, I’d want a sub-compact option. I guess I could have complimented it with a P239, but I strongly prefer mag interchangeablility.

Neither are earth shatteringly bad. If that was the only option, I’d be fine with it. It’s not, so I’ve moved on.

Had the same problem with the slide lock lever. I even bought a spare and modded it to see if I could get it small enough to work for me, but it did not. Great gun, very accurate, very reliable. If I needed a new gun today and that was what I could get, I’d be happy about it. The one I had came with night sights, so it really didn’t need a single thing done to it.