PDA

View Full Version : official Top Shot season 2 thread

fuse
03-09-2011, 01:24 AM
fucking jay killed it on his elimination challenge against the much more experienced Jermaine, the compound bow episode last week, and did well on tonights ep as well. dude learns and adapts very quickly and I think he may be in it for the long haul.

I feel bad for Jamie. nobody on his team seems to like him, and as a fellow navy sailor that makes me sad. yes he did suck at first, but I think he has his shit together now.

george is an arrogant meathead, who I'm not sure shot as well as jamie tonights episode. they should tally up totals of targets people actually hit on these high target count stages to help the losing team vote, and the winning team to use as dirt in later stages. perhaps they do off camera.

I eagerly await George's demise, and I so yearn for Jamie to make a "Chair Force" crack directed at George.

was pretty cool they broke out 2011 open class red dot race guns for the elimination challenge. felt bad for the cowboy having to shoot one. how come there isn't a (horse) Mounted Pistol subforum here? ;)

next weeks episode is going to be throwing a tomahawk. I said it last season, I'll say it again- totally lame, does not belong on a show like this. the compound bow is pushing it, throwing a fuckin knife or tomahawk or whatever is totally stupid, in my opinion.

David
03-09-2011, 03:17 AM
I seen parts of last season but since I don't own my own TV I never got to see more than parts of one or two episodes. I assumed it was all firearm related but apparently it's an overall marksmanship type of thing? I like compound bows, I used to work for York Archery in the 80's so that part sounds interesting but I'm not sure about tomahawks. Will they have a throwing star contest?:cool:

NickDrak
03-09-2011, 05:47 AM
I agree. The knife, machete, and hatchet throwing contests are lame and should not be included on the show.

I disagree on Jay though. His complete inability to take to instruction from some top tier shooters is annoying. He repeated his comment from two weeks ago. Something to the affect of: "Dont show me how to shoot, show me how to shoot faster" after being shown a proper grip compared to his T.J. Hooker "cup 'n saucer" grip. He loves to throw his two cents in while breathing down someone's neck when it is a skill that he has experience in, but refuses to accept instruction from pistol and rifle shooters with far more experience and skill than he possesses. He definitely is cool under pressure and can focus when he needs to, which is big, but I predict his lack of skill with the pistol with catch up to him before it is all over.

Frank D.
03-09-2011, 06:48 AM
Yeah Jay is a douche. That 'show me how to shoot faster' line makes me want to hit the tv. Its a pity, cuz he does seem to focus and do well under pressure, so if he could listen once in a while, he could really be in the mix.

Also agree with George, seems like a total fratboy.

Then again, maybe they just need a badguy and, if so, they're pretty darn good ones.

FYI, all the competitors have official facebook pages (incase you want to 'stalk' Maggie).

rsa-otc
03-09-2011, 07:18 AM
After last year I'm being careful about drawing conclusions about the contestants based on the way the producers edit the show. I totally thought Brad was a whiner based on how he was presented through the dramatic editing. I shoot with someone who works with another contestant on the show. While this is second hand, what came down the pipe was that Brad was not the way he was presented on the show. Add that to the fact they had him back to help out this season. So I'm giving the contestants the benefit of doubt with regards to their behavior on the show.

Jay is totally composed under pressure. I'm thinking he may get this from being a Golf instructor. Sometimes I get caught up in a bad shot or bad stage and it effects the rest of the matches performance. It has been "SUGGESTED" that I take up golf to learn how to compose myself and let things go. Maybe thats Jay's secret.