PDA

View Full Version : Who had to replace parts on a Gen 4 G19?

Rustin
02-17-2012, 01:23 PM
Good day pistol forum. I have a Gen4 G19 that I bought in april of 2011. It came with the 336 ejector and a 0-4-1 spring. I put about 1,400 rounds through it with only 1 FTE. I was gettin brass to the face and inconsistent ejection patterns so I decide to call Glock and have them ship me the newest RSA. The spring I received is marked 0-4-3. I put it in and had a nasty doublefeed within 100 rounds. This was rather disconcerting so I got on the horn with Glock again to see what they would say. Told me I needed the new ejector and if I could locate a local armorer it would be shipped free of charge. Found one at the LGS and said it should be here shortly. My question is how many people have had to replace the ejector/extractor on their Gen4 G19? I was a little late the the Gen4 friday party so I am not 100% sure what Todd G did to fix his 9mm Gen4. IF you did replace the parts did it fix the problem? Did you send it in to Glock for them to work their voodoo on it? I mentioned to the technician how some people were fixing their Glocks with new extractors. Of course his reply was "that's the first I've heard of that." Yeah right. Thanks for replies.

JV_
02-17-2012, 02:01 PM
My Gen4 19s would run not out-of-the-box.

http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?571-Gen4-19-The-problems-have-started-....

http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?2777-Gen4-19-Part-Deux

Super J
02-17-2012, 05:24 PM
Had a gen 4 19 that was misbehaving. I changed the extractor three times, swapped the recoil spring, and put a new ejector in as well. Problems continued so the gun went back to Glock and was replaced for a new one.

TheLaw
02-17-2012, 06:20 PM
On the GLOCK forum I mod, just about every Gen 4 GLOCK 19 owner had had to do this. There are a few exceptions but my guess is they don't shoot that much.

JHC
02-17-2012, 06:40 PM
On the GLOCK forum I mod, just about every Gen 4 GLOCK 19 owner had had to do this. There are a few exceptions but my guess is they don't shoot that much.

But you don't mean Glocktalk right? At one point there in 2010 in a 10 page thread Gen 4 9mm's were running about 30 to 1 good to problematic. Lots or most of G17s in that mix however. If anything the problems may have gotten worse for a period in later 2010 and 2011. Or so it appeared to my non-calibrated perception. Over at GT since a few months, there seems an uptick in new buyers with positive early experiences. Not many of them however get 1K or 2K through the guns very quickly.

We have two Gen 4 G19s here (5K through one, 2250 in the other) with one FTF in one, and one FTE in the other. They were both very early copies as soon as they hit the market. Both have the original 0-3 RSA. No parts changed (except to a "-" connector and sights). I carry the 5K round gun almost every day.

TheLaw
02-17-2012, 07:44 PM
But you don't mean Glocktalk right? At one point there in 2010 in a 10 page thread Gen 4 9mm's were running about 30 to 1 good to problematic. Lots or most of G17s in that mix however. If anything the problems may have gotten worse for a period in later 2010 and 2011. Or so it appeared to my non-calibrated perception. Over at GT since a few months, there seems an uptick in new buyers with positive early experiences. Not many of them however get 1K or 2K through the guns very quickly.

We have two Gen 4 G19s here (5K through one, 2250 in the other) with one FTF in one, and one FTE in the other. They were both very early copies as soon as they hit the market. Both have the original 0-3 RSA. No parts changed (except to a "-" connector and sights). I carry the 5K round gun almost every day.

I most certainly do not mean GT.com.....

JHC
02-17-2012, 07:54 PM
I most certainly do not mean GT.com.....

ROFLMAO!!!! Well played.

Rustin
02-18-2012, 02:13 PM
Thanks guys. I will get an ejector in a couple of days. If that doesn't fix my problem I'll probably sell it. I don''t have the money to put 1k of ammo through my gun every month.:( We'll see. It's my only carry gun also which means it ain't goin back to smyrna. Not sure if I would replace it with another glock or just go with an M&P.

JHC
02-18-2012, 03:55 PM
Does anyone know of how an RSA change might impact a double feed? I have always thought that was more likely a magazine issue. How did the original RSA eject +P self defense ammo?

Rustin
02-22-2012, 10:11 AM
still waiting on the ejector, should be here any day.

LittleLebowski
02-22-2012, 01:08 PM
I swapped out the extractor and have polished both old and new due to wear marks. I tried the latest RSA and it made my gun stove pipe. So.....I just bought a Gen2 19.