PDA

View Full Version : "Gun lobby stirs to life in Europe" (2016 article)

LittleLebowski
06-26-2018, 08:00 AM
Older article, but I find it interesting.

https://www.politico.eu/article/europe-gun-lobby-mobilizing-against-new-firearms-guns-weapons-rules/

European pro-gun groups are mobilizing against a new EU push to restrict the sale of firearms, claiming the proposal won’t work as an anti-terrorism tool.

HCountyGuy
06-26-2018, 10:54 AM
Yes because in response to attacks where explosives, vehicles and/or knives are used obviously further restrictions on firearms will solve the issue.

Morons.

Suvorov
06-26-2018, 12:47 PM
Yeah - it is a hard road in most of Europe. My wife's cousin high up in the finance ministry in Serbia and the "official hoops" he had to go through to legally acquire a Glock were absurd, add to that the 200 or so round limit and even if you have a gun, you are hard pressed to become/stay proficient. Of course this is Serbia, a country that boasts one of the highest civilian firearms ownership/capita rates in the world, what is the disconnect? Basically the official laws are in line with the EU requirements as Serbia is trying to get accepted into the EU and gets lots of free money from the Germans. I wish these folks the best but it is a long long road.

One other thing I find interesting is that the shootist/hunter rift is also alive and well in Europe and easily exploited :(