PDA

View Full Version : HK45C & Bowie Tactical Concepts Vickers Package

SmokeJumper
03-09-2011, 12:55 AM
I've had the HK45c for a year now and it shoots and carries quite well. The only dislike along with the factory sights, is the grip is a bit slick. The 45c has a different grip and different texture from its big brother, the HK45. I'm considering the Vickers Tactical package from Bowie Tactical Concepts. This includes 360 degree grip enhancement, an enlarged relief under the trigger guard at the mag release and a shortened trigger reset. My only concern with this package is the trigger reset job, anyone have experience or opinions? I've shot the HK's in .45 for a quite a while and have not had any issues with the trigger reset, guess I'm used to the factory reset.

TCinVA
03-09-2011, 01:46 AM
I had the chance to try out the P30 that Mr. Bowie worked on for LAV and I liked it. The grip texture is aggressive and the rework of the trigger guard and mag release was nice. I don't recall if LAV's pistol had the trigger reset mod or not, but it did have an overtravel stop which was a welcome improvement.

gtmtnbiker98
03-09-2011, 07:28 AM
My only concern with this package is the trigger reset job, anyone have experience or opinions? I've shot the HK's in .45 for a quite a while and have not had any issues with the trigger reset, guess I'm used to the factory reset.Regarding the trigger, if it isn't broke, why fix it? As for the Vicker's package, the main benefit is smoothing out the trigger "trough" on the HK45. The HK45 Compact does not have the trough to remove.

Red Leader
03-09-2011, 10:41 AM
You could always try Agrip grip enhancement. I like it because it doesn't really add any thickness, costs $20, is completely reversible (no modification to firearm), doesn't scrape against skin like aggressive stippling or skateboard tape. And it actually works.

They have it pre-cut for different models but sell a big square of it for models they don't have so you can cut it to fit. I've had mine on a pistol for over a year and its been great.
Its a small $$ investment before deciding to permanently modify the actual pistol.

Like most things, YMMV. Good luck in finding what works for you!

Nikuraba29
03-09-2011, 12:14 PM
So correct if I am wrong, I spoke to Bowie and they offered a stippling job as well, however the grip on the HK45 and P30 seem pretty well stippled as they come. The HK45c could use some additional work. Anyone have the stipple job on the HK45 or P30? I want to send my P30 in but the turn around is 16 weeks, a bit long to go without my new pistol.

S/F

SmokeJumper
03-09-2011, 03:29 PM
Good input. I stand corrected, the Vickers Package includes the trigger over travel mod, not the reset as I had mentioned above, sorry for the error.