PDA

View Full Version : Harbor Freight’s popular workbench is on sale for $120

LittleLebowski
06-09-2018, 11:14 AM
I love mine that is in use as my reloading bench. I paid $135 for mine and don’t regret the purchase at all.

https://www.harborfreight.com/60-in-4-drawer-hardwood-workbench-62603.html?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2318b&utm_source=1021&cid=mEmail_s1021_c2318b&sfid=c2hlcGJheHRlckBnbWFpbC5jb20=

Grey
06-09-2018, 12:40 PM
I love mine that is in use as my reloading bench. I paid $135 for mine and don’t regret the purchase at all.

https://www.harborfreight.com/60-in-4-drawer-hardwood-workbench-62603.html?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2318b&utm_source=1021&cid=mEmail_s1021_c2318b&sfid=c2hlcGJheHRlckBnbWFpbC5jb20=How sturdy is it if i was putting lateral stress on it like i was planing a piece of wood? If its good im in for 2.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

beenalongtime
06-09-2018, 01:09 PM
How sturdy is it if i was putting lateral stress on it like i was planing a piece of wood? If its good im in for 2.

Wondering the same thing, as things I have seen assembled in stores, are not always done correctly, also still awaiting another answer, so I probably won't get this one answered either:
https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?30064-19-for-four-4-ton-jack-stands-from-Sears&highlight=jack+stands

Rich@CCC
06-09-2018, 06:49 PM
This bench is pretty darn sturdy. The top is not solid hard wood though. I would through bolt any reloading press and not trust lag screws.

I don't load on mine but I'd think it would be as good as any free standing bench could be.

Grey
06-09-2018, 07:12 PM
This bench is pretty darn sturdy. The top is not solid hard wood though. I would through bolt any reloading press and not trust lag screws.

I don't load on mine but I'd think it would be as good as any free standing bench could be.The wood will fail before the glue bond gives out.

willie
06-09-2018, 10:48 PM
Bracing with a 2 X 4 on each side will help. On each end attach plywood to legs from floor up. On bench in the middle, attach 2 x 6 from front to back edges. Use this area for attaching press. For convenience, you may wish to use large C clamps for attaching press. If possible, anchor table to wall. Using a 2 X 6 as suggested is necessary to prevent flexing or breaking over time.

LittleLebowski
06-10-2018, 06:03 PM
Wondering the same thing, as things I have seen assembled in stores, are not always done correctly, also still awaiting another answer, so I probably won't get this one answered either:
https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?30064-19-for-four-4-ton-jack-stands-from-Sears&highlight=jack+stands

I'm so very sorry you didn't get timely advice from a stranger on the internet. I suppose you feel owed.

LittleLebowski
06-10-2018, 06:09 PM
How sturdy is it if i was putting lateral stress on it like i was planing a piece of wood? If its good im in for 2.

I don't think I can comment on that since mine has been bolted to the wall and floor since I got it.

Grey
06-10-2018, 06:14 PM
I don't think I can comment on that since mine has been bolted to the wall and floor since I got it.Thanks LL, i think ill take a chance, always looking for more work benches haha.

beenalongtime
06-11-2018, 09:33 AM
I'm so very sorry you didn't get timely advice from a stranger on the internet. I suppose you feel owed.

Owed, no. I didn't assume you would come back, based on evidence of hit and run bargain alerts.

LittleLebowski
06-11-2018, 12:31 PM
Owed, no. I didn't assume you would come back, based on evidence of hit and run bargain alerts.

And yet you took the time to make a passive aggressive, snide comment instead of researching it for yourself, because that is more satisfying or easier than making a phone call or searching the internet. What an odd thing to get bitchy about.

LSP552
06-11-2018, 03:34 PM

https://www.harborfreight.com/60-in-4-drawer-hardwood-workbench-62603.html?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2318b&utm_source=1021&cid=mEmail_s1021_c2318b&sfid=c2hlcGJheHRlckBnbWFpbC5jb20=

Thanks LL. I’m looking for a reloading bench for the new house. Do you think this is sturdy enough for a 650 and stuff if not bolted to the wall or floor?

hufnagel
06-11-2018, 03:43 PM
I put wheels on mine. makes a great mobile work bench.

LittleLebowski
06-11-2018, 04:11 PM
Thanks LL. I’m looking for a reloading bench for the new house. Do you think this is sturdy enough for a 650 and stuff if not bolted to the wall or floor?

Yup, so long as you weigh down the bottom shelf.

Mitch
06-11-2018, 04:20 PM

I’ve used it with a 550 and no problems. I did reinforce the top though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hufnagel
06-11-2018, 09:41 PM
I had a FWD transmission on mine with no issues.

beenalongtime
06-14-2018, 12:09 AM
If I have to choose between hit and run bargain alerts and hit and run passive aggressive whining, I’m pretty sure I know which way I’m going to go.

If anyone is offended, or even bothered, by the fact that someone on the internet doesn’t answer their questions, go post about it on Facebook and/or Twitter.

And yet you took the time to make a passive aggressive, snide comment instead of researching it for yourself, because that is more satisfying or easier than making a phone call or searching the internet. What an odd thing to get bitchy about.

I can't help how you choose to take it, as it was meant more as a don't expect feedback to the poster that asked a question. Review sites are out there, although I wouldn't recommend the one that once was good (yahoo forum). How to get the deal when others cannot (or can't find it via the woot/spoofee/slickdeals, etc. etc. etc sites), I thought warranted my earlier question.