PDA

View Full Version : Charles Krauthammer has only weeks to live.

JohnO
06-08-2018, 12:34 PM
We will soon be diminished.

I had hoped he would return his seat on Fox News. May his limited time here on this mortal coil be peaceful.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/06/08/fox-news-star-charles-krauthammer-reveals-has-weeks-to-live-in-heartbreaking-letter.html

TheNewbie
06-08-2018, 01:49 PM
He's a great mind and this is truly a sad loss for the country.

Stephanie B
06-08-2018, 02:11 PM
I am sorry to hear that. I disagreed with almost everything he had to say, but I enjoyed reading his opinion pieces.

JHC
06-08-2018, 02:35 PM
We will lose a great conservative intellectual for sure.

How surreal to hear of two men, Bourdain and Krauthammer, each a giant in their respective niche, one would love to live on and contribute and the other thought living another day was worthless.

blues
06-08-2018, 02:37 PM
Sorry to hear this. I enjoyed hearing his point of view on various topics. Godspeed, sir.

Sensei
06-08-2018, 05:01 PM
Definitely sad to hear.

BTW, the comments at the bottom of that article illustrate why I live secluded far, far away from people.

Ichiban
06-08-2018, 07:10 PM
Conservatives think liberals are stupid. Liberals think conservatives are evil.
- Charles Krauthammer 2002.

idahojess
06-08-2018, 08:17 PM
How surreal to hear of two men, Bourdain and Krauthammer, each a giant in their respective niche, one would love to live on and contribute and the other thought living another day was worthless.

This is particularly true. It's impossible to imagine how difficult Krauthammer's daily life has been. Quite a will to live. Definitely an example.

http://youtu.be/B931y-aWeWw

FNFAN
06-08-2018, 08:46 PM
Sad to hear this. He cut through a lot of the doublespeak on both sides of the aisle and had some respect for the Constitution. He will be missed.

Mjolnir
06-09-2018, 06:05 AM
He's a neocon. He can join Zbigniew Brzezinski.

I shall not be bothered...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blues
06-09-2018, 08:46 AM
He's a neocon. He can join Zbigniew Brzezinski.

I shall not be bothered...

I'll make sure my wife leaves you off the death notice list. :rolleyes:

Jeez, couldn't you just have a little sympathy given all he's had to overcome in his life. Forget politics for a moment.

Hambo
06-09-2018, 08:48 AM
I used to read his columns off and on, and often found myself disagreeing with him, but I'm not going to tap dance on his grave..

Mjolnir
06-09-2018, 08:48 AM
I'll make sure my wife leaves you off the death notice list. :rolleyes:

Jeez, couldn't you just have a little sympathy given all he's had to overcome in his life. Forget politics for a moment.

I cannot because he made a mint off of heading us down a path to Hell.

Whatever he had to overcome pales to the Hell he created for many.

"To whom much is given much is expected."

Most don't read Mackinder, Brezinski and all the other Monsters - Krauthammer included - so they have no idea what these beasts believe and have done.

He's no friend of the USA.

FNFAN
06-09-2018, 11:11 AM
I cannot because he made a mint off of heading us down a path to Hell.

Whatever he had to overcome pales to the Hell he created for many.

"To whom much is given much is expected."

Most don't read Mackinder, Brezinski and all the other Monsters - Krauthammer included - so they have no idea what these beasts believe and have done.

He's no friend of the USA.

I was about to object and say Krauthammer wasn't one of the CFR filth like Brezinski. And then I looked it up. Thanks for your post.

joshs
06-09-2018, 01:56 PM
Tough to look past this one too:

Ultimately, a civilized society must disarm its citizenry if it is to have a modicum of domestic tranquillity of the kind enjoyed in sister democracies like Canada and Britain. Given the frontier history and individualist ideology of the United States, however, this will not come easily. It certainly cannot be done radically. It will probably take one, maybe two generations. It might be 50 years before the United States gets to where Britain is today.

Passing a law like the assault weapons ban is a symbolic -- purely symbolic -- move in that direction. Its only real justification is not to reduce crime but to desensitize the public to the regulation of weapons in preparation for their ultimate confiscation. Its purpose is to spark debate, highlight the issue, make the case that the arms race between criminals and citizens is as dangerous as it is pointless.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/opinions/1996/04/05/disarm-the-citizenry-but-not-yet/8efbb5da-fd5e-48c9-8a83-0fb41c728338/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.0a78ab48fd3c

blues
06-09-2018, 02:06 PM
Tough to look past this one too:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/opinions/1996/04/05/disarm-the-citizenry-but-not-yet/8efbb5da-fd5e-48c9-8a83-0fb41c728338/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.0a78ab48fd3c

If we're gonna burn him at the stake for a column written in 1996, I think it only fair to hold Trump's feet to the fire as well for his past, let alone present sins. Talk about flammable.

In any case, I think it's poor form to curse the man on his deathbed but that's simply my opinion and not an injunction.

JAD
06-09-2018, 03:48 PM
He was also pro baby murder. I still vehemently agreed with him on occasion and always read him with interest. Odds are good that if you’re one of my friends and I’m forwarding you a column it’s from The Hammer.

Dagga Boy
06-09-2018, 03:57 PM
I liked Krauthammer a lot. You do not have to agree with every single thing another person thinks or opines to respect them. He is an intellectual giant, and the type not only worthy of debate, but the type you want to test your ideas against. I am not the type that always wants everyone to nod when I speak, just like I do not like to listen to a pure parroting of my ideas. Krauthammer is truly a man I both respect and admire as a man.

JHC
06-10-2018, 09:51 AM
This is particularly true. It's impossible to imagine how difficult Krauthammer's daily life has been. Quite a will to live. Definitely an example.

http://youtu.be/B931y-aWeWw

His book a few years ago is quite good. Helluva life story. As an unrepentant neocon myself, I found a lot to agree with him about. ;)

Mjolnir
06-10-2018, 09:53 AM
If we're gonna burn him at the stake for a column written in 1996, I think it only fair to hold Trump's feet to the fire as well for his past, let alone present sins. Talk about flammable.

In any case, I think it's poor form to curse the man on his deathbed but that's simply my opinion and not an injunction.

LOL!

I've cursed him all his life.

Zbigniew Brezinski as well.

LOL!

These CFR members don't give a damn about Liberty only transnational corporate greed.

JHC
06-10-2018, 10:02 AM
LOL!

LOL!

These CFR members don't give a damn about Liberty only transnational corporate greed.

'Merica! If someone has read "The Pentagon's New Map" that is an accurate explanation of what neocon is. In common parlance it is an epithet like RINO, Establishment etc.
I get the hostility to the term, which is largely why I embrace it. :D

blues
06-10-2018, 10:03 AM
LOL!

LOL!

You've made your point. Several times now. We get it.

And I was addressing Josh's post.

I don't dispute your right to your point of view. I'd prefer to leave it at that.

Mjolnir
06-10-2018, 10:06 AM
'Merica! If someone has read "The Pentagon's New Map" that is an accurate explanation of what neocon is. In common parlance it is an epithet like RINO, Establishment etc.
I get the hostility to the term, which is largely why I embrace it. :D

Yep.

I study Sir Halford Mackinder, George Keenan, Zbigniew Brzezinski - Geopoliticians - so I know our overall plans. Most don't know who these monsters are so they see a conflict in isolation. They are never in isolation.

And these neocons are Trotskyites, too! [emoji38][emoji38]

Saying "I'm a proud neocon" is the equivalent of wearing "I'm an infidel" T-shirt. If they knew what an infidel is they'd burn those patches, hats and shirts. But, hey, to each their own I suppose.

Not sure why folks choose not to read and study, though.

Mjolnir
06-10-2018, 10:07 AM
You've made your point. Several times now. We get it.

And I was addressing Josh's post.

I don't dispute your right to your point of view. I'd prefer to leave it at that.

I'm merely having a little fun with it. It's funny to me.

JHC
06-10-2018, 10:16 AM
Yep.

I study Sir Halford Mackinder, George Keenan, Zbigniew Brzezinski - Geopoliticians - so I know our overall plans. Most don't know who these monsters are so they see a conflict in isolation. They are never in isolation.

And these neocons are Trotskyites, too! [emoji38][emoji38]

Saying "I'm a proud neocon" is the equivalent of wearing "I'm an infidel" T-shirt. If they knew what an infidel is they'd burn those patches, hats and shirts. But, hey, to each their own I suppose.

Not sure why folks choose not to read and study, though.

"The Pentagon's New Map" is a very good study, really!

Mjolnir
06-10-2018, 10:16 AM
"The Pentagon's New Map" is a very good study, really!

Ralph Peters, right?

JHC
06-10-2018, 10:30 AM
Ralph Peters, right?

Thomas Barnett.

But I'm a fan of Peters too. :D

Dan_S
06-10-2018, 10:33 AM
-edit-

blues
06-10-2018, 10:38 AM
I'm merely having a little fun with it. It's funny to me.

How sad.

Mjolnir
06-10-2018, 12:20 PM
Thomas Barnett.

But I'm a fan of Peters too. :D

Roger that.

I'll order it this evening.

Mjolnir
06-10-2018, 12:21 PM
How sad.

Not 1/10000th as sad as Krauthammer and his Trotskyite sycophants.

[emoji849]

Mjolnir
06-10-2018, 12:30 PM
I was about to object and say Krauthammer wasn't one of the CFR filth like Brezinski. And then I looked it up. Thanks for your post.

You're much more than welcome, brother.

blues
06-10-2018, 12:39 PM

Okay, you win. I'll now make judicious use of the ignore button. Please feel free to ignore my posts as well.

Mjolnir
06-10-2018, 12:45 PM
Okay, you win. I'll now make judicious use of the ignore button. Please feel free to ignore my posts as well.

Roger that!