PDA

View Full Version : A little help with a G26 gen4?

old_trapper
02-14-2012, 08:01 PM
I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction for figuring out if there is something wrong with my glock 26 gen4.

I went to the range today and had a 300 round practice session with my G26 gen4. I shot 115 PMC and had no problems whatsoever. Then I decided to shoot some Privi Partizan 115 grain just for kicks.

That’s when the trouble starts. Multiple stoppages. Approximately 10% of the rounds fired (~100). There were two types. I am not quite down on the lingo exactly so I will describe them: (1) The slide does not take the fired case out of the chamber. The trigger resets, but the following trigger pull is a “click” on a spent casing. Racking the slide ejects the casing and loads another round as it should. (2) The case does not completely eject and gets caught when the slide goes forward again.

I think to myself “ok, ammo problems.” So I load up some mags and shoot it through my glock 19 gen3 with no issues what so ever. I shoot 250 rounds of this stuff through the g19 with strong consistent ejection of the cases, thinking every time I load another magazine that the problems will start any second now. They don't.

I think “ok, maybe not the ammo.” I go back to PMC with the G26 gen4 and it does another 300 rounds without issue. At this point I was obsessing over the problem and getting zero training value out of my ammo so I decide its time to go home and ask the experts. But before I do, I try one more thing:

I decide to shoot a box of the troublesome privi through my Walther pps. I notice the cases ejecting erratically. Also, some cases would dribble out while others would go flying.

Any ideas about what could be causing the failures in the g26? I have read about problems with gen4 glocks before but seemed to usually be the 19s and the 17s…

FWIW, this gun was test fired at the factory on 1/4/2012 and has the "dot" connector. The ejector says 30274 on it.

barstoolguru
02-14-2012, 10:09 PM
Sounds like the main spring might be a little stiffer then need be. Some ammo is loaded lighter and will not allow the slide to go back far enough to complete the ejection process. Give it time and see if the spring loses some of the tension

old_trapper
02-14-2012, 11:11 PM
Thanks guru. How would I tell if the spring is not going to "break in?" this gun has 1165 rounds through it.

barstoolguru
02-14-2012, 11:49 PM
Not so much as break in but lose some of the tension and that takes time. keep in mind that not all ammo is rated the same as in FPS (feet per second) that gun might cycle better on one brand over another say ammo that runs 1100 FPS will work better then ammo running 1000 FPS.
A lot has been said about the main spring, the ejector, limp wrist and so on but someone told me once that when you find a brand that works well stick with it