PDA

View Full Version : RFI: Sportsman's Guide

ER_STL
05-24-2018, 08:43 AM
I'm considering buying 1k rounds of 9mm for an upcoming class but it would need to be on my porch in a week. As they advertise up to a 7-business day shipping window, there's not a guarantee that I'll get it in time. I'm curious as to the turn-around times for anyone on the board who may have bought ammo through them recently.

Thanks!

Casual Friday
05-24-2018, 08:54 AM
If shipping times are a factor, hard pass.

Odin Bravo One
05-24-2018, 09:09 AM
My experience with them is that your order will arrive. I’ve never ordered ammunition from them, but I’ve never had an issue with my order not showing up.

That said, if time is a factor, I wouldn’t leave it to them to meet your timeline. I’ve waited up to ten days for non-ammunition orders. There are other places that can give you better odds to havingnit when you need it, but keep in mind, the physical location of the point of origin and destination factor in on the delivery times, as ORM-D has to go via ground.....

If you really need it, buy it from a place that is inside the delivery window geographically, has same or next day shipping, and not wait until the last minute next time.

RoyGBiv
05-24-2018, 09:22 AM
sgammo ships out the same day or next day, when I place an order.
Just be sure to order from "in stock" list only.
https://www.sgammo.com/catalog/pistol-ammo-sale/9mm-luger-ammo

ETA: They have a notice on top of their site that orders today will ship out Today... and
"All orders placed by 11am CST Friday May 25th will ship before the break"

ER_STL
05-24-2018, 09:30 AM
Great, thanks all for the feedback.

Guerrero
05-24-2018, 09:35 AM
I've never ordered from Sportman's Guide, but I've ordered from SG Ammo a couple of times, and they've gotten it to me in 3-4 days (OK to WI).

SkippySanchez
05-24-2018, 10:02 AM
sgammo ships out the same day or next day, when I place an order.
Just be sure to order from "in stock" list only.
https://www.sgammo.com/catalog/pistol-ammo-sale/9mm-luger-ammo

ETA: They have a notice on top of their site that orders today will ship out Today... and
"All orders placed by 11am CST Friday May 25th will ship before the break"Yep, you get it in a day or two from SGAmmo. Just note the vacation dates on the website.

-------------------------------------------
I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

okie john
05-24-2018, 11:11 AM
I'm considering buying 1k rounds of 9mm for an upcoming class but it would need to be on my porch in a week. As they advertise up to a 7-business day shipping window, there's not a guarantee that I'll get it in time. I'm curious as to the turn-around times for anyone on the board who may have bought ammo through them recently.

Thanks!

It never hurts to have a stash.

Once you get through this, hit https://ammoseek.com/, score 2-3k rounds, and rathole them. Replace as needed and you won't get caught like this again.

Okie John

pangloss
05-24-2018, 11:19 AM
It's hard to beat SGAmmo. I've always been very satisfied with their prices and quick shipping.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

ER_STL
05-24-2018, 11:22 AM
The last-minute buy is based on a decision to consider using factory ammo for the class rather than my own reloads, which I currently shoot exclusively. Reloads are allowed - and I have an established and proven load - but I just don't want to be "that guy" if for some reason something were to happen that could be attributed to my ammo. I currently have 5k bullets, 10k primers and about 9lbs of WSF so I'm well stocked for my shooting needs... :p

UNM1136
05-24-2018, 11:25 AM
I have ordered from them...you will pay for quick shipping. Then the endless international surplus catalogues. If you read their stuff carefully they are 90% crap and 10% sorta useful, may be in stock. Also disappointed with Cabellas shipping prices for your purchase. If www.ammoman.com has what you need ammo wise, they are the way to go. They ship for free, and prices are not so bad. Only relation with them is a satisfied customer. Cabellas, for the same 1000 rounds was a little lower (bot you got "free plastic ammo cans"... but shipping was nearly equal to the case sized purchase...no savings at all. Ammoman.com has only disappointed me when the didn't have what I needed in stock.

That said, sportsman's guide has some interesting surplus and odd knick knack niche items that are....interesting.

pat

SkippySanchez
05-24-2018, 03:38 PM
I have ordered from them...you will pay for quick shipping.... www.ammoman.com has what you need ammo wise, they are the way to go. They ship for free.....

I've done business with both and after doing some math comparisons learned SGAmmo was usually cheaper, even with $16/case shipping, than Ammoman with free shipping. Not by a lot, but still cheaper. And with one exception, it was on my porch the day after I ordered (the exception took two days). I don't know if the fact that Sam is 130 miles from my porch has anything to do with that or not.

-------------------------------------------
I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

JAD
05-24-2018, 04:08 PM
You'd need to order in by noon tomorrow to get SGA to ship, but they'll reliably do it and UPS will get it to you before Wednesday. An option is Widener's, should be two day ground to the lou and their prices are fine.

ER_STL
05-24-2018, 05:24 PM
Thanks all. I placed an order with Sportsman's Guide this morning. If for some reason it doesn't make it here in a week, I'll run reloads.