PDA

View Full Version : Just picked up...

bdcheung
02-12-2012, 10:11 AM
an M&P 22 for cheaper practice. Also got 500 rds of .22LR for $20. Compared to what I've been paying for 9mm FMJ that is jaw-droppingly cheap.

There's no way I'm going to the range this weekend, so I won't get a chance to fire it until Thursday night :(

iakdrago
02-12-2012, 11:08 AM
an M&P 22 for cheaper practice. Also got 500 rds of .22LR for $20. Compared to what I've been paying for 9mm FMJ that is jaw-droppingly cheap.

There's no way I'm going to the range this weekend, so I won't get a chance to fire it until Thursday night :(

I was not able to get to the range either today, otherwise i'd write up a mini review for the conclusion of the 2000k challenge with my m&p22. To say that i'm not impressed is an understatement. I'll keep you guys posted.

WDW
02-12-2012, 11:25 AM
The M&P 22 is nothing more than a Walther P22 which is more or less a POS. I had one, I no longer do.Don't expect much out of it & they only get worse with time.

iakdrago
02-12-2012, 11:28 AM
The M&P 22 is nothing more than a Walther P22 which is more or less a POS. I had one, I no longer do.Don't expect much out of it & they only get worse with time.

i would disagree, i had a walther p22--it was a POS. So far the M&P 22 is proving to be different--despite being made by the same company.

WDW
02-12-2012, 11:33 AM
"To say that I'm not impressed is an understatement" These are your exact words. This does not display much confidence. They are the same gun with a different plastic shell.

bdcheung
02-12-2012, 11:58 AM
We'll see how it goes over time. If it breaks it breaks. I'm not expecting this thing to do anything more than help me refine my press out and improve my time to engage first target.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iakdrago
02-12-2012, 12:31 PM
"To say that I'm not impressed is an understatement" These are your exact words. This does not display much confidence. They are the same gun with a different plastic shell.

Error--should read "to say that i'm impressed is an understatement"

I, apologize--it has been a very long 48 hours, and my brain is getting as sluggish as the gun at this point. I'll post a detailed review later-- but so far i have 1650 rounds of remington golden bullet through it with only 2 instances of the gun failing to go through a firing cycle. On one occasion the round did not fire, i rotated in the chamber to expose another part of the rim to the firing pin, and it went of on the next shot. The other was a classic fte. At this point the gun feels very sluggish--and i suspect that i will have more malfunctions with the next block of ammo.

Ill have a detailed write up as soon as i'm done.

In contrast, my p22 was garbage, i could not fire 2 magazines without the gun failing to complete a full firing cycle--unless i used cci mini mags.

Super J
02-16-2012, 01:06 AM
Congrats. Keep us posted as to how well it runs

bdcheung
02-16-2012, 09:47 PM
I put 100 rounds of American Eagle through it straight out of the box. No cleaning, with the factory goop still on the pistol.

Had about 10 FTE's and a number of rounds that ejected without much fortitude. I'm not totally surprised. Manually manipulating the slide indicated a good deal of resistance with the factory goop.

I did a complete clean and lube after the range session and will be back tomorrow to see if that remedies the FTE's.

Rounds were landing high and to the left at 21 yards. Sights are adjustable for windage and elevation so that's easily remedied.

iakdrago
02-17-2012, 11:01 AM
I put 100 rounds of American Eagle through it straight out of the box. No cleaning, with the factory goop still on the pistol.

Had about 10 FTE's and a number of rounds that ejected without much fortitude. I'm not totally surprised. Manually manipulating the slide indicated a good deal of resistance with the factory goop.

I did a complete clean and lube after the range session and will be back tomorrow to see if that remedies the FTE's.

Rounds were landing high and to the left at 21 yards. Sights are adjustable for windage and elevation so that's easily remedied.

It hates AE. Luckily remington golden bullet works like a champ--and is just as cheap.

bdcheung
02-17-2012, 11:03 AM
It hates AE. Luckily remington golden bullet works like a champ--and is just as cheap.

Well crap! I've got another 400 rounds of AE :(

bdcheung
02-20-2012, 01:43 PM
I put 250 rounds of Federal through it today with zero problems. Definitely was an ammo issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk