PDA

View Full Version : Vortex Customer service is excellent

GJM
05-07-2018, 03:01 PM
I had a CZ P09 slide milled for a Vortex Venom. Unfortunately, it broke about 200 rounds into a class this weekend.

I called Vortex CS, explained what happened, and that I was tight on time, as we are heading back to AK with stops along the way. They offered to no charge FedEx overnight a replacement optic today, are including a return label for the broken unit, and didn’t even take my credit card number. I am blown away by that level of service.

Doc_Glock
05-07-2018, 03:33 PM
My kid ran his monocular through the wash wrecking the seals. I told them everything and was swapped for new one nearly immediately. Hard not to like the company.

BehindBlueI's
05-07-2018, 04:21 PM
I had an issue that boiled down to "I'm smart enough to read the instructions but not smart enough to understand the instructions." They called me and walked me through the issue over the phone. All the while pretending I was a functional adult and not acknowledging I needed the Barney version.

Lester Polfus
05-07-2018, 05:29 PM
I had an issue that boiled down to "I'm smart enough to read the instructions but not smart enough to understand the instructions." They called me and walked me through the issue over the phone. All the while pretending I was a functional adult and not acknowledging I needed the Barney version.

Sounds like the company for me then...

ragnar_d
05-07-2018, 07:04 PM
This mirrors my experience with their CS and sales team. Great folks who will stand behind their product and keep their customers happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

farscott
05-07-2018, 07:15 PM
The local Vortex sales rep has an interesting sales technique that I got to witness. He walks into a stocking dealer, asks to see one of the Vortex models, and then proceeds to totally thrash the scope in the store. I watched him grasp the scope by the objective bell and slam the eyepiece into the ground over and over. I was flabbergasted.

Just when the phones come out to call 911, he reaches into a satchel, hands the dealer a replacement scope in the box, and puts out his business cards. He then states that Vortex backs the scopes up no matter what you do to them. Not my idea of a sales demo as it says nothing about actually using the scope as a scope instead of as a crummy hammer, but it has sold more than a few scopes in my LGS.

I did note the sales rep also asked for the box from the scope he destroyed and placed the remains of the victim into the box. Some kind of inventory thing I guess.

StraitR
05-07-2018, 07:17 PM
This seems to be the rule, and not the exception with Vortex. It was big factor in my decision to buy the new 1-6 Razor HD GenII-E. Between the optic quality, their famed CS, and a generous discount to veterans (most are just active/retired), I'm extremely happy with my purchase. After my purchase, I called to ask about whether I could use a 20moa base on the Razor 1-6 (the answer is yes, BTW) because I was looking at the Night Force Unimount and the height I wanted only came in 20moa. Ended up having a 15 minute phone conversation with the guy about AR's and guns in general. Dude sent me a hat and a pile of stickers just because. Actually, I ended up with two boxes, each with a hat and pile of stickers. haha

I will be looking at Vortex each and every time an optic need arises.

McD
05-07-2018, 07:38 PM
Love Vortex. Run one on my PRS rig and on my ARs, as well. Great glass and great CS, when necessary.

Paul D
05-07-2018, 10:15 PM
I have had the same experience. If I see anything they make on the used market (and I need it), I will always snatch it up knowing they will repair/replace without question if it is not up to snuff.

PNWTO
05-08-2018, 12:01 AM
I got to meet some of their folks at the BHA Rondy and they were all class acts and down to earth. Very frank about their products and their competitors and even gave some glowing public compliments to others in their market. Great company.

entropy
05-08-2018, 07:09 PM
...and they insisted I bring my 90lb German Shorthair into the sales office on a visit.

Great folks to visit and deal with.

GJM
05-08-2018, 08:32 PM
Well, my replacement Venom arrived today, I bolted it on my P09, and it made it through my practice session.

Wake27
05-09-2018, 01:07 AM
They let me exchange a lightly used Venom for a refurbished Viper just because I decided I probably should’ve gone with the Viper in the first place. Can’t complain about that at all. I try to make them a primary consideration for any optic purchase, I just wish they’d make a high quality RDS that’s not as big as the Huey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk