PDA

View Full Version : Three Rivers Nomad

Dagga Boy
05-04-2018, 05:56 PM
So, I put in a lot of research to get a universally legal knife. I settled on the Three Rivers Nomad and got one for both my wife and I to start working and training with. These are the Monkey Edge versions and I also got a pair of regular orange G-10 scales from Three Rivers for an even lower profile look if we want. Selling point was the small choil on the blade that will help prevent it from closing. Also, while it is a non locking blade, it is really positive. It has a short blade as far as the sharpened portion that keeps it well under two inches. Is it an optimal defensive knife....hardly. Is it better than no knife for highly restrictive environments, absolutely and far better than all the little Boker’s I bought. Three Rivers is part of Halpern, who makes Ti parts for most of the knife industry, so they are a total sleeper but super high quality. As I develop a training program and specialized regimen with it I think it will serve as a great never without type tool.

Wheeler
05-04-2018, 06:44 PM
Are they ambidextrous?

Are they available to the sweaty masses?

SeriousStudent
05-04-2018, 07:10 PM
Are they ambidextrous?

Are they available to the sweaty masses?

Perhaps here:

http://www.monkeyedge.com/Three-Rivers-Mfg-LTC200-Nomad-Slipjoint-FRAG-p/trk0004-mu138.htm

Dagga Boy
05-04-2018, 09:44 PM
Fully ambi, clip is easily switched and the entire knife is easily user serviceable.

RevolverRob
05-05-2018, 08:20 PM
Is there something you feel this does, that a Spyderco UK Pen Knife doesn't?

Dagga Boy
07-01-2018, 12:38 PM
Quick update after using these awhile. Based on size and ease of carry, my wife carries hers more than anything else. On our drive out to our vacation house (16 plus hours), she used hers numerous times. They do normal knife chores really well. They give up a lot in the weapons side based on size and design....but the whole idea is legal where knives are considered evil and heavily legislated. It is “functional” for defensive use in a pinch, which was the goal. With that we have been really happy with them for little daily cutting chores. So far they are still on the high end of price and a bit rare, but they are a win over time.