PDA

View Full Version : I need to shoot matches in bad weather more often!

rsa-otc
02-11-2012, 03:53 PM
Normally I avoid shooting matches in inclement weather, I just don't find them fun. The last time I shot during a snow storm was the 1979 State indoor PPC championships. We had to travel to the match in a major snow storm. I came away winning the Expert Class that day.

Today I shot the South Jersey IDPA match in a snow storm. I would have normally turned over and gone back to sleep this morning except I had promised the match director I'd help set up this morning. I'm glad I did; I was on a tear today and set personal best times on drills that were used as stages in the match.

I normally shoot 2 divisions at this match.

Triple Nickel : 5:58 SSP & 6.82 SSR

FAST: I had convinced the match director to change his 6 round 7 yard stage and use the FAST drill instead. He threw an additional twist by clothing the target in a shirt. My SSP time was a personal and match best of 5.16 seconds down zero & 7.54 seconds down zero in SSR. I was using new speedloaders today in SSR and they hung up on me, as well as my trigger finger was a little slow on the 4 body shots.

I need to shoot during storms more often! :)

BaiHu
02-11-2012, 05:30 PM
Congrats and nice work!

It must have been a banner day in Jersey for shooting today, b/c TGS and I got together and threw a hunk of lead down range for 3 hours.

Maybe it's the Giant's SB win??

rsa-otc
02-11-2012, 05:34 PM
Congrats and nice work!

Maybe it's the Giant's SB win??

Thanks.

Being a LOOONNNGG time Giants Fan I'll go with that.