PDA

View Full Version : Caracal Quick Sight concept

ExMachina
02-11-2012, 01:06 PM
Been thinking about the Quick Sight concept that Caracal has incorporated into some of their new pistols (description HERE (http://www.gunsholstersandgear.com/2012/02/03/caracal-quick-sights-photo/)). People really seem to love them and got to wondering whether or not it was really the sights that made people feel that they shot quicker and faster.

I've never handled a QS Caracal, but it looks like there is a significant amount of steel that goes into making up that rear sight. That added weight toward the muzzle may simply make the QS versions point/balance better and return to target more-quickly. (like how I feel like my P30 points better and returns to target quicker when I have a light mounted)

I’m looking around but can’t find any specs as to weight differences between the QS and non-QS pistols.

Anybody have any thoughts about the QS concept?

Al T.
02-11-2012, 01:26 PM
IMHO, I'm sort of channeling the XS big dot sights when I look at that. Probably be killer to 7 or 10 yards on generous targets.

Be good to be wrong though. :)

ExMachina
02-11-2012, 01:45 PM
IMHO, I'm sort of channeling the XS big dot sights when I look at that. Probably be killer to 7 or 10 yards on generous targets.

Be good to be wrong though. :)

Haha, yes. Would love it to work.

FWIW, I bet it's better @ range than the Big Dots. It's still a conventional sight picture, albeit with just a ~2.7" sight radius. Not a bullseye gun but I bet most of use could get respectable groups @ 25 yards (which is a bet I would not make with the Big Dots)

Joe in PNG
02-11-2012, 04:10 PM
Wonder how they would compare to the old ASP "guttersights"?