PDA

View Full Version : Hornady stands up to State of New York

Amp
04-29-2018, 12:07 PM
Bravo! More firearms and ammo companies need to do the same:

https://press.hornady.com/release/2018/04/23/hornady-stands-up-to-state-of-new-york/

blues
04-29-2018, 12:52 PM
It's a sad day when government tries to reach backdoor deals to deny Americans their legal rights.

Vote the bastards, who so cavalierly attempt to decide which of our rights are acceptable to them, out of office.

This behavior is unconscionable and should be battled in the courts.

Totem Polar
04-29-2018, 02:34 PM
Two thoughts: one—and this might be a pipe dream—wouldn’t it be great if ammo makers agreed to stand together on this sort of behavior when it becomes this egregious? What if ATK publicly backed Hornady up on this stand? What, is the NYPD going to be buying Tula or PPU for their duty rounds? Too big to fail goes both ways, and ATK could easily bring major media attention to this issue, since the main players in NY state duty ammo all reside under their roof.

And, two, let’s see here... Hornady... Hornady... I guess I could stand to stock up on some .380 XTP for the G42, if nothing else...

Carry on.

5pins
04-29-2018, 02:42 PM
Here is a link to the story.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/state-urges-banks-insurers-stop-biz-gun-industry-article-1.3939919

(http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/state-urges-banks-insurers-stop-biz-gun-industry-article-1.3939919)

IMHO the gun industry as a whole need to come together and file a federal lawsuit against the state of NY. I can't imagine how it could be legal for a government agency to discourage legal commerce between legal private industry.

SeriousStudent
04-29-2018, 05:37 PM
I just ordered a case of Hornady 12 gauge ammo, and emailed a copy of the receipt to them. Along with a nice note.

Steve Hornady has always been a good man.

OlongJohnson
04-29-2018, 06:30 PM
NM...

BehindBlueI's
04-29-2018, 06:48 PM
Rant based on failing to read properly.

5pins
04-29-2018, 06:51 PM
It's talking about selling to government agencies.

BehindBlueI's
04-29-2018, 07:04 PM
It's talking about selling to government agencies.

Ah, reading comprehension. I'm full retard

BehindBlueI's
04-29-2018, 07:05 PM
And... double post.

schüler
04-29-2018, 07:13 PM
Damn, Hornady.

I'd be very surprised if the bigger domestic suppliers th thought twice about it.

StraitR
04-29-2018, 08:51 PM
I just ordered a case of Hornady 12 gauge ammo, and emailed a copy of the receipt to them. Along with a nice note.

Steve Hornady has always been a good man.

Nice. I met Jason Hornady a few weeks ago, and he was a very gregarious and down to earth dude. I enjoy supporting folks like that.

gringop
04-30-2018, 12:51 AM
I hate to be the Nattering Nabob of Negativism but to me, this is a big slice of nothingburger.

Today, the State of New York did one of the most despicable acts ever perpetrated by any state by asking New York banks, financial institutions and insurance companies to stop doing business with the gun and ammo industry.

While it may not make a difference to New York, Hornady will not knowingly allow our ammunition to be sold to the State of NY or any NY agencies. Their actions are a blatant and disgusting abuse of office and we won’t be associated with a government that acts like that. They should be ashamed.

-Steve Hornady, president of Hornady Manufacturing Company

Who on this board buys ammo or components directly from Hornady? Anyone, anyone, Buller? Why would New York State do the same?

When Hornady blocks sales of it's products to any distributor that sells to New York, then I will get a bit more excited about Steve Hornady's proclamation. Until then, it reads like a freshman marketing student's 3rd semester project.

I have a crapload of Hornady products on my reloading bench and in one of my carry guns. They make good stuff. I buy it because it is good stuff.

I can appreciate the sentiment behind "New York banks, financial institutions and insurance companies" but his comment about "Hornady will not knowingly allow our ammunition to be sold to the State of NY or any NY agencies" is just a tart's kiss, with nothing behind it.

I'll be very happy to be proved wrong.

Gringop

5pins
04-30-2018, 06:03 AM
Big LE agency but from the manufacture not through a distributor.

StraitR
04-30-2018, 10:21 AM
Hornady has one LE distributor per state (http://www.hornadyle.com/distributors#NewYork), so combined with the accountability and trace-ability within their LE sales program, it's not difficult to block sales within their supply chain.

Moonshot
04-30-2018, 01:12 PM
I'm impressed by their stand. I'll be more impressed if it's backed up with action, but there are too many good rounds out there from multiple manufacturers that if Hornady goes it alone, it won't make much difference.

Unless all the other big manufacturers join in a boycott of NY, that state won't even notice it. Sadly, I don't see the other manufacturers joining in.

When Magpul moved out of CO, did anyone else stop selling to CO? I don't think so, and while it's not really enforced, 30 round AR mags are still not allowed there.

We stand together or we die alone.

Cool Breeze
04-30-2018, 01:26 PM
It's cool that they did it... But the Governor has a bigger microphone than the head of Hornady. If other manufactures join in and then maybe you get law enforcement to join in to support us, then we are off the races.

But LE like the state troopers or NYPD will get their ammo from federal or Speer and no one will care. Additionally, the way a lot of LE views gun owners in NY is as criminals... So I don't have much hope. I do know a few Sheriff's that are on our side... But that doesn't mean much when it's the judges that have the issuing authority for permits.