PDA

View Full Version : Sneaky Bags SUB 50% Off

StraitR
04-28-2018, 08:42 PM
I mentioned it in another thread, but thought I might post it here in it's own thread. Sneaky Bags is currently running a 50% off sale on their SUB bags. I've always wanted to try one, but they don't come cheap and I need another bag like another hole in my head. Anyway, I couldn't pass up the discount and picked up a Medium SUB.

https://sneakybags.com/collections/sale

Bratch
04-28-2018, 09:23 PM
I’ve been using my SUB as a small range bag for lunch time trips. Perfect for a couple pistols and 100-200 rounds. It’s even better combined with the Wilderness utility bags carrying the ammo. I may pick up a second

pangloss
04-28-2018, 09:32 PM
This might be hard to resist. I have one of their older model bags, but I've had my eye on this newer model for a while.

SeriousStudent
04-28-2018, 11:02 PM

jellydonut
04-29-2018, 03:03 AM
I have one of the older made in USA models, had it for almost ten years now and it's still good as new.

I think these newer models are unfortunately made overseas, so who knows if the quality is as it used to be.

Totem Polar
04-29-2018, 10:55 AM
Thoughts on size? I’m an unrepentant gear queer, but I don’t have much familiarity with these bags, beyond the internet. If you could buy only one, what... medium?

Totem Polar
04-29-2018, 03:17 PM
Thoughts on size? I’m an unrepentant gear queer, but I don’t have much familiarity with these bags, beyond the internet. If you could buy only one, what... medium?

Saw an old review by Dagga Boy noting that he had a small one set up for a 1911; sounds good to me, and I just bought exactly that—I’ll start by setting it up to carry speedloaders, ammo and a spare j-frame for the line portions of ECQC this summer. Thanks for the heads up, StraitR

Bratch
04-29-2018, 06:42 PM
Mine is one of the old USA bags too. It was called a Mini rifle bag, I just measured it at 10x9x5”. I haven’t cross checked the current sizing but the one I have has been super handy.

Totem Polar
04-29-2018, 07:29 PM
Dang. Not only did they already ship my bag, but they gave me a $4 refund on my PayPal invoice. I mean, I sort of thought 18 bucks was a lot for shipping at checkout, but at half-off I wasn't going to worry about it. Pretty cool.

Willard
04-29-2018, 07:37 PM
Are these US made or imported? Couldn't tell from site.

Sherman A. House DDS
04-29-2018, 11:49 PM

Previous posters in the thread indicate they’re made overseas.

civiliandefender.com

Willard
04-30-2018, 09:54 PM
Previous posters in the thread indicate they’re made overseas.

civiliandefender.com

Thanks Dr. House. I completely missed the first post on that and saw the second that mentioned USA made older pack and wanted to clarify. Good example of read more and post less. Thanks.

StraitR
05-01-2018, 06:58 PM
Mine is en route and should arrive tomorrow. Pics and thoughts to follow.

WobblyPossum
05-01-2018, 07:37 PM
I ended up ordering a medium. I’ll likely fill it with trauma gear and carry it with me when attending large crowded events and visiting big cities. I might throw a spare mag or two and some baby wipes in there too.

–————————————————
My posts only represent my opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of my employer. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

SeriousStudent
05-01-2018, 08:34 PM
I'll just to screw with your head: Tactical Tailor has their Active Shooter bag on sale today only for 56 bucks.

https://www.tacticaltailor.com/activeshooterbag.aspx

I know it shows $113, but the price drops to 56 clams when you check out.

I have ordered one. Made in Washington state, and very solid.

ETA: If you are military or LE, use the discount code listed on their website for an extra 10 percent off: WETSU.

Knocks it down to 50 bucks.

Bratch
05-01-2018, 10:23 PM
I'll just to screw with your head: Tactical Tailor has their Active Shooter bag on sale today only for 56 bucks.

ETA: If you are military or LE, use the discount code listed on their website for an extra 10 percent off: WETSU.

There’s another $70 gone. Thanks SS.

TQP
05-02-2018, 11:02 AM
I kind of hate you people.

I did manage to ( barely) talk myself out of that TT bag, so there's that I guess.

What sort of holster setup are people using in these? I'm not willing to put a Glock in that elastic loop thing.

Sigfan26
05-02-2018, 04:35 PM

They are made in Vietnam with US materials (per a phone call to the company).

Sigfan26
05-02-2018, 04:36 PM
I just got mine (Large in Medium Navy). Very well made, color is perfect (nice and discreet), and the compartments are well reinforced. I would definitely recommend it to people on the fence.

SeriousStudent
05-02-2018, 07:49 PM
I kind of hate you people.

I did manage to ( barely) talk myself out of that TT bag, so there's that I guess.

What sort of holster setup are people using in these? I'm not willing to put a Glock in that elastic loop thing.

Dark Star Gear kydex holster with Velcro epoxied to the side of it. I can just slap it inside many of my bags, and it is easy to adjust.

Willard
05-02-2018, 08:16 PM

1 Day Late...

SeriousStudent
05-02-2018, 08:22 PM
It is worth subscribing to their mailing list. They do pick items for a half-price sale periodically.

Bratch
05-02-2018, 10:39 PM
I got mine in today, I ordered a small and a large. The small is close in size to my mini rifle bag but set up slightly different. The large is quite a bit bigger much closer to a messenger bag. I can see the small being useful on small range trips, I’m imagining Jframe trips. I’m also planning to take it to jury duty next week to carry a back up battery, charger, book, etc. I haven’t figured out how I will use the large.

StraitR
05-04-2018, 08:59 PM
Got mine Wednesday. I opted for the medium, and I'm happy with the size. Very well made. Still haven't had time to transfer the stuff I carry daily in a GoRuck GR1 over to the SB and take pics. Hopefully find time this weekend. Although I bought it under the assumption it was being made CONUS, I'm still happy with the purchase, especially at the price point.

Thank you Sigfan26 for the clarification. I can live with that.

Palmguy
05-05-2018, 05:40 PM
Anyone have experience with their rifle bags?