PDA

View Full Version : Black Powder Red Earth book series

Casual Friday
04-19-2018, 04:58 PM
Anybody read these? Search function turned up one post from a few years ago.

I've got some down time every day waiting for the school bus to drop my kids off and I've been wanting to start reading a good series. These came recommended from a newfound range buddy who is a gun nerd and a comic book nerd. He thinks I'd like them.

Kyle Reese
04-19-2018, 05:06 PM
Anybody read these? Search function turned up one post from a few years ago.

I've got some down time every day waiting for the school bus to drop my kids off and I've been wanting to start reading a good series. These came recommended from a newfound range buddy who is a gun nerd and a comic book nerd. He thinks I'd like them.

Great series. Some of the events in the early books (2011-2012 timeframe) were quite prescient regarding the events that transpired in Iraq from 2014-present. Well worth checking out.

Jay585
04-19-2018, 06:05 PM
I got (I think) 1-7 of the series. Unread except for the first issue - graphic novels aren’t my thing. Yours if you want them.

JSGlock34
04-19-2018, 07:41 PM
I tried Black Powder Red Earth but didn't get past the first book in the series. Maybe I should give it another try?

We had a pretty decent Favorite Comic Books (https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?19939-Favorite-Comic-Books) thread that kinda petered out.

Casual Friday
04-19-2018, 10:06 PM
Great series. Some of the events in the early books (2011-2012 timeframe) were quite prescient regarding the events that transpired in Iraq from 2014-present. Well worth checking out.

That's pretty much what new shooting buddy said.

I got (I think) 1-7 of the series. Unread except for the first issue - graphic novels aren’t my thing. Yours if you want them.

Awesome, pm sent.

I tried Black Powder Red Earth but didn't get past the first book in the series. Maybe I should give it another try?

We had a pretty decent Favorite Comic Books (https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?19939-Favorite-Comic-Books) thread that kinda petered out.

The Jake Ellis ones you mentioned in that thread are on my list.