PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Glock armorer

Up1911Fan
02-08-2012, 05:26 PM
Looking for someone who can order the new ejector and "." connector for my Gen4 G26. PM me if you can and we'll work out the details.

Thanks

VolGrad
02-08-2012, 09:36 PM
I don't believe even the Armorer's can order the (.) connectors at this time. I could be wrong but that's my recollection.

Good luck on the parts order. I placed an order weeks and weeks ago and it still hasn't arrived yet. I have pretty much decided I am not going to bother any more ordering direct from GLOCK. I'll just order through Brownell's or elsewhere and get what I need when I need it. It's worth a few dollars more to not have to wait 6-8 weeks for an order that won't be filled correctly anyway. They never are.

Up1911Fan
02-08-2012, 10:32 PM
So if the armorer's can't get it it, how am I supposed to get what is basically the Gen4 connector that wasn't in my Gen4?

VolGrad
02-09-2012, 07:27 AM
So if the armorer's can't get it it, how am I supposed to get what is basically the Gen4 connector that wasn't in my Gen4?

Not all Gen4s shipped with the (.) connectors. It was something that evolved. I suspect you "might" be able to call their warranty/repair dept and talk really, really nice to see if they will send you one. It wouldn't hurt to try. I just know the part order form for Armorer's shows the (-) as an agency purchase only (no individual Armorer's could purchase). The (.) isn't even on the latest order form I have been been able to obtain. I could have an old form but I don't think so.

texag
02-09-2012, 01:17 PM
Not all Gen4s shipped with the (.) connectors. It was something that evolved. I suspect you "might" be able to call their warranty/repair dept and talk really, really nice to see if they will send you one. It wouldn't hurt to try. I just know the part order form for Armorer's shows the (-) as an agency purchase only (no individual Armorer's could purchase). The (.) isn't even on the latest order form I have been been able to obtain. I could have an old form but I don't think so.

I tried that approach to get a new ejector, and was pretty much told I'm SOL unless I'm an armorer.

VolGrad
02-09-2012, 02:49 PM
I tried that approach to get a new ejector, and was pretty much told I'm SOL unless I'm an armorer.

I tried to order the new ejector for a guy (from a thread just like this one but on another forum) about a month ago and was told even as an armorer I was SOL. The rep I spoke with was the one who suggested I try the warranty/repair route.

Good luck.

CGA
02-09-2012, 03:02 PM
The (.) isn't even on the latest order form I have been been able to obtain. I could have an old form but I don't think so.

I just received the latest armorers parts order form from Glock a few days ago. You are correct, as of now the (.) is not offered.

EricP
02-09-2012, 04:18 PM
The . connector is available through Glockparts (http://glockparts.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=236286&CAT=705). They currently show out of stock, but that is where I got mine.

They may have the the ejector (http://glockparts.com/Products.aspx?CAT=748) too. I can't read the numbers on it, but it doesn't look like the 336 ejector.

JBP55
02-09-2012, 09:00 PM
A Glock Armorer can order dot connectors and upgraded ejectors for the Gen 4 .40 and Gen 4 9mm Glocks. You must do so by serial number which will be verified by Glock as many are trying to get the upgraded parts for pistols that do not qualify. I have already installed upgraded parts in about 20 Gen 4 Glocks at no cost to the Glock owners.

SamuelBLong
02-09-2012, 11:17 PM
PM sent.

MD7305
02-10-2012, 12:00 AM
The . connector is available through Glockparts (http://glockparts.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=236286&CAT=705). They currently show out of stock, but that is where I got mine.

They may have the the ejector (http://glockparts.com/Products.aspx?CAT=748) too. I can't read the numbers on it, but it doesn't look like the 336 ejector.

The picture appears to show the updated ejector on the assembly. Thanks for the heads up I may gamble $9.95 and see if its the latest, improved ejector.

5pins
02-10-2012, 01:12 PM
SP00322 is listed in the armorers parts catalog as having the 336 ejector installed.

JBP55
02-10-2012, 07:07 PM
The trigger housing with the new ejector for the G4 9mm is 30275 and the trigger housing with the new ejector for the G4 .40 and .357 is 28927.

pasky2112
07-20-2012, 06:16 PM
The trigger housing with the new ejector for the G4 9mm is 30275 and the trigger housing with the new ejector for the G4 .40 and .357 is 28927.

Is this the part that will fix my Gen4 .40's from slamming the ejected case against the frame and denting/caving in my case mouths? I'm ready to order: Trigger Mechanism Housing w/ejector .40 cal Gen. 4 - 1 @ $9.95 from glockparts but I wanted to check first with an experienced expert. I love my glocks and hate to get rid of them for this reason.
This problem is KILLING my brass. Any help is greatly appreciated.

JBP55
07-20-2012, 08:31 PM
Is this the part that will fix my Gen4 .40's from slamming the ejected case against the frame and denting/caving in my case mouths? I'm ready to order: Trigger Mechanism Housing w/ejector .40 cal Gen. 4 - 1 @ $9.95 from glockparts but I wanted to check first with an experienced expert. I love my glocks and hate to get rid of them for this reason.
This problem is KILLING my brass. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I have not experienced that issue but for $10 I would try the new part and see if it resolves your problem.

pasky2112
07-21-2012, 10:28 PM
I have not experienced that issue but for $10 I would try the new part and see if it resolves your problem.

if u haven't experienced the issue with your part, then i'm buying your part. I thought u all were experts but it just appears no here is doing any better than guessing, as well.

thx

JBP55
07-22-2012, 02:28 PM
if u haven't experienced the issue with your part, then i'm buying your part. I thought u all were experts but it just appears no here is doing any better than guessing, as well.

thx

I have fired more than 35,000 rounds with Gen 4 Glocks and I have not seen the issue you described occur. I have upgraded several dozen Glocks with the new parts and no one has been back with any issues and many of them reload. No guesswork here, it is hard to resolve an issue you have never seen occur.

pasky2112
07-22-2012, 03:21 PM
I have fired more than 35,000 rounds with Gen 4 Glocks and I have not seen the issue you described occur. I have upgraded several dozen Glocks with the new parts and no one has been back with any issues and many of them reload. No guesswork here, it is hard to resolve an issue you have never seen occur.

My apologies, JB. After reading my post in the light of day, I realize I had come off rather rudely. I appreciate your experience...and I say lucky you. ;) I thought the case mouth deformity issue was well known and that I could just replace a part that is causing it. I'm frustrated that I get many different answers as to the solution of what I thought was a well known issue. On top of that, the G22 Gen4 is my first glock I purchased brand new. Glock won't fix it or send me a part for it because I don't have a certification that I cannot get...unless I join the Marines or the local LE dept.! (sarcastic...sorry) I want to make it work instead of 'punting'. (I'm an engineer) Plus I love the .40 in the Glock platform. My only 2 pistols are a G22 (range focus) and G23 (CCW). I find it hard to believe that this problem has gone on for months and a simple machine like a G22 cannot be tuned to eject cases reliably and not severely damage my brass. And I mean SEVERELY...in most instances, the case mouth is caved in almost half the diameter! I have had the RSA replaced in both, FWIW. Maybe you know of someone with this issue that fixed it?

Unto half my Kingdom to the one who solves the riddle! ;)

MikeyC
07-22-2012, 07:32 PM
Glock Armorer courses are also offered to members of the Glock Shooting Sports Foundation (GSSF), and while the matches themselves are about as exciting, to me anyway, as watching paint dry it's a small price to pay for having a factory cert. Conversely some security/shooting schools teach their own version of the same armorers course. I got my cert from one of them.

pasky2112
07-23-2012, 03:08 AM
Glock Armorer courses are also offered to members of the Glock Shooting Sports Foundation (GSSF), and while the matches themselves are about as exciting, to me anyway, as watching paint dry it's a small price to pay for having a factory cert. Conversely some security/shooting schools teach their own version of the same armorers course. I got my cert from one of them.

Excellent, MikeyC! I'll look into what's available in my area. A Glock Armorer put on a class at my range/club last month but it didn't qual you for the cert. I'm sure it would have been helpful and all but for my $ and time, I want the bennies of the cert.

So do you just join the GSSF, shoot a couple matches and then you can qual to take the GA course?

MikeyC
07-23-2012, 05:56 PM
So do you just join the GSSF, shoot a couple matches and then you can qual to take the GA course?

I'm not even sure you have to shoot matches, I think Glock just wants your money. My class wasn't a Glock Factory class, but it is recognized by Ghost, which is were I get my parts from anyway so it worked for me. FWIW I took the Glock class for me, not really to start rebuilding other people's guns, but I learned a fair amount so it was money well spent for me.