PDA

View Full Version : Yurco Custom Ginunting

Rich@CCC
04-08-2018, 03:59 PM
I picked this up from Mickey Yurco today. This is a newer design from him based on the Philippine Marine sword of the same name.

BillSWPA
04-08-2018, 10:14 PM
Interesting design. Mickey Yurco does good work and is great to deal with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rich@CCC
04-09-2018, 10:27 AM
He's one hell of a nice guy. I've been a "Hi, How are ya" acquaintance of his for for about 5 years now and he never fails to spend a few minutes with me talking knives and kydex whenever we run into each other.

He's doing some great odd ball things with historical materials. Knives and pens with scales and barrels made with wood from civil war battle fields and the like.

UNK
04-11-2018, 10:39 AM
Big brother

Hizzie
04-11-2018, 01:13 PM
Awesome. Mike is a nice guy. When I was injured LOD he reached out to check up on my well being.

BillSWPA
04-24-2018, 08:39 PM
On the subject of Mickey Yurco knives, I thought I would point out one of my favorites . . .

https://www.arizonacustomknives.com/index.php/knives-by-maker/yurco-mickey/163420.html

This push dagger is one of the few that I am reasonably comfortable carrying from a legal standpoint, at least in jurisdictions wherein some fixed blades are permissible, keeping in mind that knife laws are often so vague that complete certainty is rarely possible. The egg-shaped handle that is far closer to parallel than to perpendicular takes this knife out of the legal definition of a push dagger in some (but not necessarily all) jurisdictions, as well as making the knife usable forward grip edge out (as one would use it for utility purposes) and reverse grip edge out. While I am generally not a fan of reverse grip edge out, if the knife is set up to be drawn in a push dagger grip with one hand, it can easily be drawn to reverse grip edge out with the other hand, providing added usefulness.

I have long believed that the4 carry system is often more important in selecting a knife than the knife itself, and Mickey understands Kydex knife sheaths. The standard sheath is a belt sheath with a mini Tek Lock mounted upside down. Mickey also made an IWB sheath as well as a pocekt sheath, and the pocket sheath has proven to be particularly useful. My wife also has one of these knives. She has an IWB sheath, a pocket sheath, and a neck sheath that I have since put on a paracord shoulder harness.