PDA

View Full Version : I don't think I can live with my beard anymore (AKA the "Iraqi AK Reload")

DonovanM
02-08-2012, 12:05 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1z52vrJwJJ0

Has all of the markings of another awesome firearms-themed Youtube video.

- Obviously unpracticed man with long hair... check. Hopefully my beard doesn't make me look this ridiculous.
- Tacticool gear... check. Love the vest. And plastic furniture on an AK? Come on!
- Suspect technique... check. Doesn't look any faster to me and how easy would it be to drop the rifle when holding it against your chest just with the charging handle? Especially with a heart rate north of 100...
- Chambering LIVE F(#%ING AMMO with no consideration for muzzle direction... check.

Probably works better in Call of Duty. Just remember, pop then lock.

I dunno bout anyone else, but the day I start looking to the Iraqis for new techniques is the day I give up any pretense of improving my shooting.

SecondsCount
02-08-2012, 12:40 AM
Has all of the markings of another awesome firearms-themed Youtube video.

- Obviously unpracticed man with long hair... check. Hopefully my beard doesn't make me look this ridiculous.
- Tacticool gear... check. Love the vest. And plastic furniture on an AK? Come on!
- Suspect technique... check. Doesn't look any faster to me and how easy would it be to drop the rifle when holding it against your chest just with the charging handle? Especially with a heart rate north of 100...
- Chambering LIVE F(#%ING AMMO with no consideration for muzzle direction... check.

Probably works better in Call of Duty. Just remember, pop then lock.

I dunno bout anyone else, but the day I start looking to the Iraqis for new techniques is the day I give up any pretense of improving my shooting.

Hey man lay off on the Tapco! ;)

jmjames
02-08-2012, 12:42 AM
I think he should sell his WASR-10 to buy some closet doors. :)

I "get" the point... the manual of arms for the AK platform involves a dance as it is... but this not the answer.

J.Ja

Kyle Reese
02-08-2012, 01:11 AM
At this rate, I need a Youtube channel!

LHS
02-08-2012, 01:35 AM
I kept hoping he'd whack himself in the back of the head with the 'biner he had on his drag handle...

jmjames
02-08-2012, 01:52 AM
I kept hoping he'd whack himself in the back of the head with the 'biner he had on his drag handle...

I had a vision of the butt slipping off his shoulder and him smacking himself in the head or having an AD. :)

J.Ja

Shellback
02-08-2012, 02:10 AM
He's got it wrong, this is pop locking! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sg1EbpFPg14

BaiHu
02-08-2012, 10:13 AM
He's got it wrong, this is pop locking! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sg1EbpFPg14

Damn IRISH, you beat me to it-LOL!!
That IS proper pop/lockin'!

Tamara
02-10-2012, 10:42 AM

Yeah, because internet videos of the NCO corps of Third World armies with inshallah attitudes towards gun safety is exactly where I go shopping for my firearm manipulation tips... :eek:

EMC
02-10-2012, 11:33 AM
Yeah, because internet videos of the NCO corps of Third World armies with inshallah attitudes towards gun safety is exactly where I go shopping for my firearm manipulation tips... :eek:

I once assisted in the delivery of ~10,000 glock 19's to the Iraq Police. I wonder how many of them have shot themselves by now. My unit also witnessed an IP remove his thumb with his pistol after which he blamed the gun as being "possessed" by a demon. But nothing beats the one handed AK ready position at checkpoints. Arm straight down, grasping pistol grip, finger on trigger, safety off.

Zhurdan
02-10-2012, 12:08 PM
I will commend him for having the AK on safe the whole time... but it kinda screws up the whole reloading process! ;-)

JDM
02-10-2012, 12:18 PM
The rifle was not on safe except during the last few reps near the end.

He was chambering live rounds throughout most of the video.