PDA

View Full Version : Hello, New shooter on deck.

cutter
02-07-2012, 03:56 PM
Hi,

Been lurking around for a while, finally joined and wanted to introduce myself. I seem to be getting the reputation among my friends as the go-to guy to teach them or their wives or girlfriends, on how to shoot a pistol. Considering my experience in teaching pistol shooting consists of doing it in the military which was "these are the components, the bullets go in that way, and good luck on the qualification course", I came across this site, looking for resources on how to coach someone to be a good shot.

Right now I am in IT, but I worked for quite a few years as a Paramedic. Spent time in the Army, Army Reserves and National Guard. Finally retiring from the Guard after a OEF 1 rotation in Afghanistan, where I was able to let my hair and beard grow out. I'm a long time 1911 shooter, but have my eye on a HK45c. I have trained with Blackwater, John Farnham and Ken Hackathorn. Shot IPSC club matches in the early 80s and now the very infrequent IDPA club match. I am attending the Defensive Concepts NC VSM handgun class in Albemarle NC this month.

Looking forward to the conversations.

bdcheung
02-07-2012, 04:03 PM
Welcome!

BaiHu
02-07-2012, 04:05 PM
Welcome and thanks for your service.

Every time we have good, educated shooters spreading the 'fever' it is a good thing. I have shooter friends that aren't educated about shooting and over the last couple of years I've taken them one by one in a headlock so that they represent the community in a safe and articulate way.

Keep up the good fight and happy shooting!

JDM
02-07-2012, 04:09 PM
Welcome!

EMC
02-07-2012, 05:44 PM
Welcome, as another vet who realizes that the Army didn't teach me anything more than the basics of firearms, I too appreciate the power of the internet to bring us together with the professionals. This is my new favorite forum for adult level conversations regarding the industry.

Kyle Reese
02-07-2012, 10:13 PM
Welcome!

NickA
02-08-2012, 06:58 AM
Always good to see another DTI grad, welcome and thanks for your service.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

JM Campbell
02-08-2012, 06:58 PM
Thank you for your service sir.

Welcome aboard!

Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket