PDA

View Full Version : NFA Trust doc changes

Itschris
04-01-2018, 05:48 PM
I just finished my new form 1 and realized my existing NFA trust lists my old address and has a beneficiary who is no longer going to be one. I updated the particulars in the trust and had it notarized. Do I have to have any special declarations or documents noting I made these two changes or is the new notarized full document with my new address acceptable?

baddean
04-02-2018, 02:10 PM
You didn't mention whether you already have items listed in the trust. If you do, and they were listed in the trust at your old address, then you should have already filed the forms necessary for the address change of the location of the NFA items you currently own.
If that is the case then just file your Form 1 with the new full trust document and you are good to go.
If, however, you haven't added NFA items to your trust yet just file as is. They don't know the difference anyway.
Now, if you have NFA items in your current trust and you have not filed the appropriate forms for the change of address for where your NFA items are currently located then you should file those forms before you send in your new Form 1 with your new trust document.
Hope that all makes sense.

Itschris
04-02-2018, 06:33 PM
Great advice under most circumstances. I thought you only had to notify if you changed states. I didn’t even change counties so I didnt make any notifications. I’m pretty sure the rule about it hasn’t changed though I could be wrong.

Regarding changes to a trust...I just talked to one our attorneys at the office. They suggested a “schedule b” where you essentially note changes you’ve made. My trust had a section that said any changes must be made In writing and notarized so that was edited to note the schedule b and that changes would be memorialized with a current notary page. So my schedule I can’t put on hold I don’t know what rinse off the rain stop machine because I don’t want your complementary maintenance and come out and check your machine OK sounds great if I dollars like fuck you over any Macheney they do all this start on my fall fuck off now lists the change of address, the change to the notice of change and the new schedule b, and the removal of a trustee a beneficiary. It’s all dated in a list so I actually think it’s a good thing to have.

baddean
04-02-2018, 10:39 PM
You are correct. My bad. You only notify when changing states.

Itschris
04-03-2018, 07:02 AM
You are correct. My bad. You only notify when changing states.

WHEW!!!! ��