PDA

View Full Version : If it wasn't for bad luck... (broken hand)

JodyH
02-06-2012, 06:41 PM
If it wasn't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all.
Seems I've somehow managed to break a small bone in my left hand.
It's swollen and purple and my fingers are very stiff and sore.
The bad part is I don't even know when or how I broke it.
I think it happened sometime during or after Saturdays IPSC match.
Looks like SHO practice for a week or so.

JM Campbell
02-06-2012, 07:40 PM
I'm not standing next to you in the next lightning storm! ;)

Hopefully you heal fast and it doesn't hinder your goal of a coin.

F-Trooper05
02-06-2012, 08:49 PM
Could it have been from punching a small child during the Madona halftime show? Or am I the only one who did that?

ToddG
02-06-2012, 08:55 PM
If it wasn't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all.

You keep telling yourself it's just luck, buddy.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-HQLZJsqoqq8/TvynRNkEAjI/AAAAAAAAB-Y/j58Go9yxZ8k/s1600/voodoo-dolls-large.jpg

JodyH
02-06-2012, 10:01 PM
At least you keep stabbing my "less strong" side.

Good news is once the swelling goes down in a week or so I should be good to go and I have very little pain just tightness from the swelling and my "social finger", ring finger and pinkie are very sore.

jmjames
02-07-2012, 12:25 AM
I can sympathize... I once got a tiny bone broken in my foot (doing stupid things in stupid places with stupid people) and it didn't get any better until a month later when a very heavy person stepped on it (funny enough, doing the same stupid things in the same stupid places with the same stupid people), and to this day it will flare up and bug me. Hope it gets better soon!

J.Ja

turbolag23
02-07-2012, 09:37 AM
You keep telling yourself it's just luck, buddy.

better than what people tell me..

You don't have bad luck. The reason bad things happen to you is because you're a dumbass!

hope you heal quickly

NEPAKevin
02-07-2012, 09:55 AM
Looks like SHO practice for a week or so.

At the AFHF that Todd did at our range, one guy (sorry, I suck at remembering names ) had a cast on his left hand and shot both days one handed. Everyone I talked to was impressed with his determination. Hang in there.

BaiHu
02-07-2012, 11:06 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-HQLZJsqoqq8/TvynRNkEAjI/AAAAAAAAB-Y/j58Go9yxZ8k/s1600/voodoo-dolls-large.jpg

Now that ToddG is performing acupuncture on your 'other strong hand', I wouldn't be surprised if you were all better by this weekend :)

Hope you recover fast-injuries suck!

ToddG
02-07-2012, 04:18 PM
At the AFHF that Todd did at our range, one guy (sorry, I suck at remembering names ) had a cast on his left hand and shot both days one handed. Everyone I talked to was impressed with his determination.

Yup. He's a member here and one of Jay's regular students. Goes to show you how good fundamentals and great mindset can make even two days of WHO doable.

Jay Cunningham
02-07-2012, 04:28 PM
That's my bro Sam.