PDA

View Full Version : New Mag Pouch is live!

Tony Mayer
03-21-2018, 02:43 PM
We will be adding these to quick ship section for all the pistols we have in quick ship now, hopefully within the next week or so. If it is just a mag pouch order, we do try and work those in to production. Thanks

EMC
03-21-2018, 02:57 PM
Tony, can you give a summary of the pros and cons of the high ride version vs the standard AIWB mag pouch?

Also, can the G17 version work with G19 mags?

Thank you for your innovative products.

Sal Picante
03-21-2018, 03:21 PM
p/BgjI9lhhzX7

Is good.

backtrail540
03-21-2018, 03:23 PM
Ordered! Looking forward to see how they work as compared to the modified originals i ordered long ago. I've since moved back to owb mag pouches, and have one of those on order too ha, but figure these make it worth revisiting. Keep up the good work!

Tony Mayer
03-21-2018, 07:56 PM
Tony, can you give a summary of the pros and cons of the high ride version vs the standard AIWB mag pouch?

Also, can the G17 version work with G19 mags?

Thank you for your innovative products.

EMC, the high ride version is the same concept as having a "long" holster. More material inside the waist band lets me get the mag up higher for a faster master grip and faster reload and avoids roll out issues. The lower riding version may be a bit more concealable (but not by much and just like with holsters, it will depend on the persons dress, build, etc) , but reload is slower and it is harder to get a master grip on the mag for a reload.

The 17 version will work with the 19, you will just have about a 3/8" less mag to get ahold of.

We also have both hole patterns in this mag pouch so you will be able to use any of our belt loop options although I think either the split loop or dual soft loops is the bees knees for these pouches.

Thanks

Tony Mayer
03-21-2018, 07:57 PM
Ordered! Looking forward to see how they work as compared to the modified originals i ordered long ago. I've since moved back to owb mag pouches, and have one of those on order too ha, but figure these make it worth revisiting. Keep up the good work!
Thanks backtrail540, appreciate the business!!

Up1911Fan
03-21-2018, 09:18 PM
Going to order a couple to try out. My only complaint with the old one was I couldn't really index on the mag due to how low it rode with a 19 mag.

BWT
03-21-2018, 09:33 PM
After a range trip Monday I thought to myself: “I wish the mag sat higher”.

Here we are!

I’ll be watching for these in quick ship.

God Bless,

Brandon

EVP
03-21-2018, 09:38 PM
Mark me down for one or two to try out. I don’t have any complaints with the original as my full-size mags can be easily and quickly grasped but I would welcome more stability if available so why not.

I don’t know but when i order a mag pouch or accessory, I usually end up placing a holster order. Hahaha let’s just say I have many variety of JMs.

Tony can one add a comfort pad to legth if the mag pouch? Just curious how it would work as I have thought about this in the past.

Sal Picante
03-22-2018, 01:54 PM
I'm liking this iteration more and more:

The shape is very comfortable. It conceals well. The straps are perfect. It doesn't cant with 2 straps as opposed to one. It doesn't come off my belt.

Most importantly: It is easy to reload from. Here's a 1.75s reload to a 10 yard USPSA A-zone.

p/BgnQTqLnctl

karmapolice
03-22-2018, 03:36 PM
Nice evolution to an already solid product!

Up1911Fan
03-22-2018, 09:34 PM
Just ordered a pair.

Tony Mayer
03-22-2018, 09:49 PM
Mark me down for one or two to try out. I don’t have any complaints with the original as my full-size mags can be easily and quickly grasped but I would welcome more stability if available so why not.

I don’t know but when i order a mag pouch or accessory, I usually end up placing a holster order. Hahaha let’s just say I have many variety of JMs.

Tony can one add a comfort pad to legth if the mag pouch? Just curious how it would work as I have thought about this in the past.

EVP, yes, it is an option in the menu for the High Ride Pouch. Works great!

Tony Mayer
03-22-2018, 09:50 PM
I'm liking this iteration more and more:

The shape is very comfortable. It conceals well. The straps are perfect. It doesn't cant with 2 straps as opposed to one. It doesn't come off my belt.

Most importantly: It is easy to reload from. Here's a 1.75s reload to a 10 yard USPSA A-zone.

p/BgnQTqLnctl

That is very Gabe White ish!!

TAZ
03-22-2018, 10:10 PM
Stupid question of the week, but anyone run an AIWB Spare using the longer mags, like say the 19 rounder from the 19X or a Magpul 21. Id imagine low ride would be advisable.

Sal Picante
03-23-2018, 01:05 AM
Stupid question of the week, but anyone run an AIWB Spare using the longer mags, like say the 19 rounder from the 19X or a Magpul 21. Id imagine low ride would be advisable.

The magazine there is a MecGar with a CZ baseplate on it, bringing it close to 140mm (USPSA limits magazines in limited to 141.something mm)

It isn't especially high, even with the "high-ride" option. That said, for the streets I'm just using another standard length magazine, mainly because the base plate is kinda bulky.

Hambo
03-23-2018, 06:38 AM
With 20 round Mec-Gars my original seems to have plenty of mag to grip, but WTF, I'm buying one of these anyway for the dual PTD.

jwperry
03-24-2018, 09:01 PM
Stupid question of the week, but anyone run an AIWB Spare using the longer mags, like say the 19 rounder from the 19X or a Magpul 21. Id imagine low ride would be advisable.I have a TTI +4 base pad on my G17 mag carried in the G19 high ride pouch, I did feel that the top of the mag rolled out a bit and compromised concealment. I've ordered some Velcro to put a wedge on.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Tony Mayer
03-25-2018, 09:05 PM
I have a TTI +4 base pad on my G17 mag carried in the G19 high ride pouch, I did feel that the top of the mag rolled out a bit and compromised concealment. I've ordered some Velcro to put a wedge on.

jwperry, did you order a the new High ride Mag pouch? With the Plus 4 on it, the 17 would be much better I think. Thanks

jwperry
03-25-2018, 09:22 PM
jwperry, did you order a the new High ride Mag pouch? With the Plus 4 on it, the 17 would be much better I think. ThanksHi Tony,
I thought so? Order #25240, but looking at my sales order I don't see anything specific on ride height.

Tony Mayer
03-26-2018, 02:21 PM
Hi Tony,
I thought so? Order #25240, but looking at my sales order I don't see anything specific on ride height.

jwperry, neither of them were the High Ride. The high ride for the 17 will solve your problem, especially with the +4 TT base pad. You can send the one you have back and l can swap you out for the high ride. I would also get the dual soft loops or split loop for that heavier mag. Thanks

jwperry
03-26-2018, 02:43 PM
jwperry, neither of them were the High Ride. The high ride for the 17 will solve your problem, especially with the +4 TT base pad. You can send the one you have back and l can swap you out for the high ride. I would also get the dual soft loops or split loop for that heavier mag. ThanksThank you for the offer, I'll order some more so I have options. :)

BWT
04-13-2018, 09:03 PM
I ordered this! Look forward to it!

God Bless,

Brandon

Norville
07-30-2018, 05:42 PM
Are these in the Quick Ship section yet? Didn’t see them but may be looking in the wrong place.

Thanks!

Tony Mayer
07-31-2018, 10:31 AM
Are these in the Quick Ship section yet? Didn’t see them but may be looking in the wrong place.

Thanks!
Norville, right now they are not, but if it is just a mag pouch only order, we will work that in to the mix. We will be making hi ride aiwb pouches for every quick ship pistol we have available in the very near future. Thanks

mbkintner
07-14-2021, 05:56 PM
Tony, what size screw is used on the bumper for adjusting the magazine ride height? I'm thinking about replacing it with something that has a lower profile. Maybe a binding post screw or a truss head screw. I carry a magazine pouch at 12 o'clock and the screw head catches on the button flap when putting the pouch on. Minor annoyance but annoying nonetheless. :)

Thanks

Tony Mayer
07-14-2021, 06:50 PM
Tony, what size screw is used on the bumper for adjusting the magazine ride height? I'm thinking about replacing it with something that has a lower profile. Maybe a binding post screw or a truss head screw. I carry a magazine pouch at 12 o'clock and the screw head catches on the button flap when putting the pouch on. Minor annoyance but annoying nonetheless. :)

Thanks

8/32" Thread, I think those are truss head 1/2" long