PDA

View Full Version : Beretta 9000s RFI

wvincent
03-19-2018, 07:29 PM
I realize their already is an older thread, but I am curious if anyone ever got the bugs worked out of theirs?

Trigger, de-cocker issues.

Have a chance to pick one up, sub $300 price.

It seems like it would fill the subcompact niche for a full size 92, but all I hear about is the all the warts.

LockedBreech
03-19-2018, 07:56 PM
As a Beretta guy, I am following with interest. I kinda want to know why these were such a horror show.

Whirlwind06
03-20-2018, 06:33 PM
Are these the ones affectionly known as the sneaker?

wvincent
03-20-2018, 10:49 PM
Are these the ones affectionly known as the sneaker?

Yep, the old Nike swoosh.

echo5charlie
03-21-2018, 09:30 AM
Do you have trigger time on one already?

AdioSS
03-21-2018, 10:59 AM
I wanted to like it. Compact size. DA/SA. Frame safety + Decocker. Magazine compatibility. Interesting style.

I got one in .40 since I figured it would be easier to conceal than my Centurion. I’m not sure if it was the slide or hammer, but it bit me bad after firing it twice. It just didn’t fit my hand right. Sold it for what I had in it. Now the MiniCougar does pretty much what I wanted.

wvincent
03-21-2018, 11:34 AM
I wanted to like it. Compact size. DA/SA. Frame safety + Decocker. Magazine compatibility. Interesting style.

I got one in .40 since I figured it would be easier to conceal than my Centurion. I’m not sure if it was the slide or hammer, but it bit me bad after firing it twice. It just didn’t fit my hand right. Sold it for what I had in it. Now the MiniCougar does pretty much what I wanted.

That sounds about right. Of the three major warts I've heard about, 1) Slide bite, 2) Heavy trigger, and 3) Going "bang" on de-cock?

I didn't even know these existed until a couple days ago. Based on the size and being a Beretta, I thought it might be a good deal.