PDA

View Full Version : CCW Fashion Show Cancelled by Bass Pro

uechibear
03-07-2018, 08:36 PM
It was sold out. The people that organized it did an amazing job. Everything was ready to go. Bass Pro caved 2 days before the event because of the tiniest amount of push back from some anonymous SJWs.

CCW Fashion Show - Presented by GOAL and Massachusetts Women Gun Owners

Join us for a great night of fun, Friday March 9, 2018 at the Bass Pro Shop in Foxborough.

Tickets are limited, so be sure to get yours today, you don't want to miss this event!

Time/Date: Friday, March 9th, 6:00 PM- 9:00 PM, with cocktail hr starting at 6pm, Show starts at 7pm.

Presented by: GOAL and Massachusetts Women Gun Owners

Cost: $45/ticket before Feb. 26th, after that $56/person

Don't they understand that the SJWs hate their business, don't spend money there, and would like nothing more than to shut them down?

Now it's our turn to push back!

Event Flyer: http://www.massreloading.com/docs/CCW-Fashion-Show-Flyer.pdf

Peally
03-07-2018, 08:45 PM
What's a CCW fashion show? Bunch of guys walking around in unassuming street clothes?

uechibear
03-07-2018, 08:53 PM
What's a CCW fashion show? Bunch of guys walking around in unassuming street clothes?

It was well on it's way to being a successful fundraiser for local gun rights organizations. Something new to me too, but a good idea, as it did sell out.

I'm sure many of the models were women, as they have special purses, etc. (see flyer). Many couples planned date nights around this—some even booking hotel rooms—and Bass Pro pulled the plug in the 11th hour.

TAZ
03-07-2018, 09:19 PM
Did they have a contract?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uechibear
03-07-2018, 09:23 PM
Did they have a contract?

Yes. I'm not privy to all the details, but lawyers are working on it as we post.

It's bigger than that, though. If Bass Pro, a company that makes a lot of money off gun owners, is going to act like Dick's Sporting Goods and Walmart, that takes this fight to a whole new level.

BillSWPA
03-08-2018, 12:34 AM
Added to the level st of companies that no longer have a chance to get my finite, hard-earned, after-tax dollars.

I would have lobbied hard to make this a date night with my wife if I had learned of such an event near me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uechibear
03-08-2018, 08:03 AM
This event was a fund raiser for an organization called Massachusetts Women Gun Owners.

Today is International Women's Day 2018.

On Twitter now: #BassProHatesWomen (https://pistol-forum.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=BassProHatesWomen)

blues
03-08-2018, 08:52 AM
Another business I don't do business with which I won't do business with as a result of this business.

uechibear
03-08-2018, 09:56 AM
...companies that no longer have a chance to get my finite, hard-earned, after-tax dollars...

Another business I don't do business with which I won't do business with as a result of this business.

Thanks, Guys.

Please don't forget, Bass Pro owns Cabela's too!

uechibear
03-08-2018, 11:19 AM
So was this canceled by Bass Pro Corporate or was it a local decision by the management of that store? It’s a distinction that matters, at least to me.

I agree that it matters, Tom.

According to the email I received from Gun Owner's Action League (the local NRA chapter), they specifically state they were just informed of the cancellation "by the corporate office of Bass Pro Shops" and "Bass Pro HQ informed us that this was due to 'unforeseen circumstances'." No other official reasons were offered.

People around here are mobilizing against both corporate and all the local Bass Pro and Cabela's stores and hoping to make a national issue of it.

mtnbkr
03-08-2018, 12:15 PM
Dick's
REI
Bass Pro
Cabelas

So much for my equipping my outdoors activities (camping, fishing, hiking, hunting) in the mid-Atlantic region (hint, we don't have many small shops that carry that sort of gear).
Hopefully LL Bean and Orvis won't piss anyone off though I suspect Bass Pro and Cabelas are more supportive of the 2nd than either LL Bean or Orvis.

Truthfully, if we continue to execute the nuclear option against all enemies perceived and real, how long before we no longer have allies?

Chris

FOG
03-08-2018, 12:31 PM
Crappy move by them. You piss off the women and look out, theyll be protesting with a vengence.

Boycotting BP doesn't hurt me much since I buy most of my hunting and camping stuff off of Camofire anyway.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

uechibear
03-08-2018, 12:32 PM
Truthfully, if we continue to execute the nuclear option against all enemies perceived and real, how long before we no longer have allies?

If they are allies, a nuclear option isn't needed, and if it's needed, they weren't allies to begin with.

BTW, the people at Bass Pro HQ aren't stupid, so you'll see news reports that they used the word "postpone", but someone I know who works at Gun Owner's Action League says they offered to "make us whole" financially... in other words buy us off after cancelling at essentially the last minute and then never host the event.

Also, there's this... Bass Pro CEO Holds ‘Constructive’ Talk With Sandy Hook Families: http://fortune.com/2018/03/06/bass-pro-shops-john-morris-sandy-hook/

Shotgun
03-08-2018, 12:36 PM
tiniest amount of push back from some anonymous SJWs.

What is an SJW?

uechibear
03-08-2018, 12:41 PM
What is an SJW?

SJW = Social Justice Warrior, aka from Urban Dictionary: "A person who uses the fight for civil rights as an excuse to be rude, condescending, and sometimes violent for the purpose of relieving their frustrations or validating their sense of unwarranted moral superiority."

Nocturnalis Discipulo
03-08-2018, 12:49 PM
Dick's
REI
Bass Pro
Cabelas

So much for my equipping my outdoors activities (camping, fishing, hiking, hunting) in the mid-Atlantic region (hint, we don't have many small shops that carry that sort of gear).
Hopefully LL Bean and Orvis won't piss anyone off though I suspect Bass Pro and Cabelas are more supportive of the 2nd than either LL Bean or Orvis.

Chris

I have been thinking of this. I do agree with using the "nuclear option" on some companies, but on the ones that should be/are at least partially on our side is there a more constructive way to communicate?

REI is really reaching with their decision, is there an option of voting in pro gun people to their board of directors?
Do we have a better way to talk to Bass Pro to convince them that many pro gun people have money and want to spend it with pro or at least neutral parties?

I think that if we don't have one we need to find one. What with that whole flies and honey thing. We must move past being a third rail in politics, or we will become small enough to squash.

JohnO
03-08-2018, 12:58 PM
What is an SJW?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBdnyrzq96s

uechibear
03-08-2018, 01:19 PM
Tom_Jones... according to the guy at Gun Owner's Action League there is no doubt. He's known to be an honorable guy, and his exact words were, "No. No way. Not. A. Chance."

My view is that if they had a real and specific reason... something other than "caving in to anti-gun pressure", they would have given it.

uechibear
03-28-2018, 06:14 PM
Here's an update:

...Walmart has increased its product assortment of concealed-carry apparel by 169 percent in the last three months... the bestselling concealed-carry item for women is a pair of three-quarter length concealed-carry leggings priced at $80....

Then there’s Bass Pro Shops: The Boston area store was set to host a CCW (concealed-carry wear) fashion show on behalf of the Gun Owners’ Action League (GOAL) of Massachusetts, a 16,000 member gun-rights community. But just before the show in early March, Bass Pro Shops canceled the event, which had sold at least 120 tickets, without commenting publicly on the matter. The fashion show, not dissimilar to those held in Milwaukee in August 2017 and elsewhere around the country, is now rescheduled to be held at a café in Foxborough, Mass., at the end of April....

The GOAL fashion show is also being coordinated with the Massachusetts Women Gun Owners group, one of several organizations nationwide that are trying to change the narrative surrounding the oft-gendered nature of gun ownership. Gun violence is often identified as a women’s issue, as American women are 11 times more likely to be murdered with a firearm than women in any other developed nation...

Full article: tomi-lahren-endorsed-gun-leggings-lululemon-concealed-carry-clothing (https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/tomi-lahren-endorsed-gun-leggings-lululemon-concealed-carry-clothing-185900800.html)

GMSweet
03-28-2018, 07:00 PM
I normally loathe the thought of heading south of the "Massa"-Dixon line, but perhaps my wife and I can make it down to show support for others stuck in occupied territory.

uechibear
03-28-2018, 07:23 PM
The news article got the location wrong (surprise, surprise). Here's the correct info, and it's much closer to you, GMSweet, than Foxborough:

CCW Fashion Show - Presented by GOAL and Massachusetts Women Gun Owners

Join us for a great night of fun, Saturday April 28, 2018 at Billiards Cafe, 39 Main St. Ayer, MA.

Tickets are limited, so be sure to get yours today, you don't want to miss this event!

Time/Date: Saturday, April 28th, 6:00 PM- 9:00 PM, with cocktail hr starting at 6pm, Show starts at 7pm.

Presented by: GOAL and Massachusetts Women Gun Owners

Cost: $45/ticket

Tickets can be purchased here: https://www.shop.goal.org/product.sc?productId=169

GMSweet
03-29-2018, 04:01 AM
I saw that last night. It's about an hour and 40 minutes down, but at least I wouldn't have to go near Foxborough.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

uechibear
03-29-2018, 07:32 AM
I saw that last night. It's about an hour and 40 minutes down, but at least I wouldn't have to go near Foxborough.

That sentiment is strong around here, and some people have quit being Patriots fans!

Some people believe Bob Kraft, who owns the New England Patriots and the Patriot Place complex where Bass Pro is located may have somehow been behind the cancelling of the CCW fashion show. I don't really have an opinion on that, but the fact that he lent the New England Patriots airplane to marchers who wanted to travel to D.C. on the 24th to advocate for the destruction of the Second Amendment shows pretty clearly which side he's on.

GMSweet
03-29-2018, 08:01 AM
I saw that Kraft donated the use of the plains and briefly thought about a movement to rename the Patriots or remove the Minute Man from the logo a la the Washington Redskins but my friends know I follow the Buffalo Bills and won't buy it. ;)

Sounds like my wife is game to go even with the ticket price. The real cost to me is another Ikea run. Gah!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk