PDA

View Full Version : Where have all of the P30L V1's gone?

cornstalker
03-03-2018, 04:49 PM
Looks like everyone, aside from the guy who wants $1000 and a gunbroker auction, is out of stock on these. Does anyone know if they are discontinued or just temporarily sold out?

Stock #M730901L-A5

navyman8903
03-03-2018, 06:49 PM
They're not discontinued. The P30L's in 9mm are safe. They're just sold out for this model year, or they're waiting for a shipment. HK ships their guns in quarters and a certain amount each quarter till they sell out. So let's just say for the sake of argument not actual numbers here, they send 100 pistols a quarter. They wait till pistol 100 is sold before shipping the next batch. Because they have to import them. Then the distributors have to get them.

It might be quarters, or halves or years I'm not sure. But they send batches each year. So the byproduct of that is they'll be out of stock for longer periods of time. You'll see that with mags, and parts too. Long story short, they're out of stock till HK sends another batch. Definitely not discontinued.

KPD
03-04-2018, 12:11 AM
They're not discontinued. The P30L's in 9mm are safe. They're just sold out for this model year, or they're waiting for a shipment. HK ships their guns in quarters and a certain amount each quarter till they sell out. So let's just say for the sake of argument not actual numbers here, they send 100 pistols a quarter. They wait till pistol 100 is sold before shipping the next batch. Because they have to import them. Then the distributors have to get them.

It might be quarters, or halves or years I'm not sure. But they send batches each year. So the byproduct of that is they'll be out of stock for longer periods of time. You'll see that with mags, and parts too. Long story short, they're out of stock till HK sends another batch. Definitely not discontinued.

A reputable dealer told us yesterday that it was one batch a year that was shipped. Seems kind of slow way to do business to me.

JonInWA
03-04-2018, 08:35 AM
Good as it is, I strongly suspect that the P30L V1 was not one of the stronger-selling P30 variants. (And mine, a P30L V1 in .40 was probably among the weakest-selling of the weak, which is why I was able to get at a fire-sale price during an HK "housecleaning." The going on 2 year old OEM tritium nightsights probably helped facilitate the housecleaning...)

Best, Jon

Sensei
03-04-2018, 02:36 PM

My understanding is that HK handguns for the US market are now made in the 50,000 sq ft. production facility in Columbus, GA. This is the reason for the price drop that was announced around SHOT last month. My suspicion is that they are cranking out VP9s and more P30s are around the corner.

http://www.guns.com/2018/01/25/hecker-koch-drops-prices-adds-new-colors/

They are supposedly going to be making rifles there too...

https://www.tactical-life.com/firearms/rifles/heckler-koch-mr762a1-rifle/

BTW, this is excellent news for US consumers who want German long gun goodness. :)

EVP
03-04-2018, 02:52 PM

BTW, this is excellent news for US consumers who want German long gun goodness. :)

My wallet shudders, I have lusted for mr762a1.

navyman8903
03-04-2018, 03:29 PM
My understanding is that HK handguns for the US market are now made in the 50,000 sq ft. production facility in Columbus, GA. This is the reason for the price drop that was announced around SHOT last month. My suspicion is that they are cranking out VP9s and more P30s are around the corner.

http://www.guns.com/2018/01/25/hecker-koch-drops-prices-adds-new-colors/

The new facility when it is built will be making the guns as they were discussing at SHOT show. But currently you will find no P30 series gun with out an antler and DE on it. I think P30's will be made in the states in about 2 or 3 years when the facility is completed, tooled up, and running.