PDA

View Full Version : Putin's reaction to the "Kremlin List"

critter
02-07-2018, 02:10 PM
I'm not much of a fan of former KGB Putin... but I do like to follow Russian and Ukrainian politics.
Interesting Q&A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIHmYAwLo7A

Peally
02-07-2018, 03:30 PM
It should be no surprise the list was poorly done. Go to any government organization and you'll find piss poor research behind something, guaranteed. The CDC was my latest recent find, it was extremely entertaining in a very depressing way.

Tabasco
02-07-2018, 06:28 PM
Who would have figured Fr. Guido Sarducchi would be in the audience. Check out 3:08 into the video....

Yeah, I'm old.

Mjolnir
02-07-2018, 09:26 PM
I am a fan of him as much as one can be a fan of another human being. He's an adroit statesman who ACTUALLY cares about HIS nation - unlike our leaders.

Read Sir Halford Mackinder, Zbigniew Brzezinski, Henry Kissinger and F. William Engdahl.

You'll love him after reading the first two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HCM
02-07-2018, 10:35 PM
I am a fan of him as much as one can be a fan of another human being. He's an adroit statesman who ACTUALLY cares about HIS nation - unlike our leaders.

Not really a fan but I respect him for the reasons you cited.

I also respect him in the way I respect Great White Sharks for just being Sharks.

Plus how can you put him on a Kremlin enemies list? He has a Super Bowl Ring. A stolen Super Bowl Ring. What’s more American than that ?

http://www.businessinsider.com/putin-owns-robert-kraft-patriots-super-bowl-ring-2017-1

critter
02-08-2018, 02:06 AM

Read Sir Halford Mackinder, Zbigniew Brzezinski, Henry Kissinger and F. William Engdahl.

You'll love him after reading the first two.

I understand the "adroit statesman" comment. He is that. He has also given Russians pride in their country again, which was lost during the perestroika years. He does care about Russia. He was also a bureaucrat in a time when salaries were quite less and has amassed a fortune. His is a story of a mostly self-made man after a little inertia from Yeltsin. Between "self" and "made" there is a lot of story, not all of which is fairytale material and his happily ever after has left some ashes in its wake. But... it's Russia, and for most people, especially Russians, that sums it up.

Peally
02-08-2018, 09:46 AM
I respect him. But I also respect dirt farming ISIS dipshits with AKs. Doesn't mean I admire him one iota, he's still a shitbag.

Robinson
02-08-2018, 10:06 AM
But I also respect dirt farming ISIS dipshits with AKs.

Really? I don't.

blues
02-08-2018, 10:14 AM
Fuck Putin.

I hope he chokes on a beet.

Mjolnir
02-08-2018, 10:38 AM
Fuck Putin.

Yep. With our Foreign Policy a Satan ICBM shall visit many of us.

Look inward; look at the crap going on in our government and it's been going on for a century.

Perhaps things are not as you've been taught.

I respect any man who stands up to the Globalist Elite. And Putin has been standing strong for some time now.

MGW
02-08-2018, 10:42 AM
He has a really good grasp of internal and world politics. He's also extremely dangerous.

I admire the Russians as a culture. They embrace nationalism. They know and understand their history and they are proud of that history. They make no apologies for the mistakes of their past (actually they don't even acknowledge past mistakes which is a problem).

They're country is far from perfect but that doesn't keep me from admiring parts of their culture.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Peally
02-08-2018, 10:47 AM
Really? I don't.

I do as far as respecting anything that's potentially dangerous (maybe more accurate to say I respect the AK and their index finger?). I still giggle at A-10s dropping explosive coke bottle on them though.

Mjolnir
02-08-2018, 10:52 AM
Not really a fan but I respect him for the reasons you cited.

I also respect him in the way I respect Great White Sharks for just being Sharks.

Plus how can you put him on a Kremlin enemies list? He has a Super Bowl Ring. A stolen Super Bowl Ring. What’s more American than that ?

http://www.businessinsider.com/putin-owns-robert-kraft-patriots-super-bowl-ring-2017-1

Like much of the media here that is anti-everything not Globalist I know it's anti-Putin because MOST of what he speaks about is against the Neoliberal/Neoconservative unipolar control of the planet. You can call that "Globalism" or the "New World Order"; it doesn't really matter.

So all manner of stories (lies) will be concocted about him. They'd lie on you if you took his place and continued his policies.

I've read he's a multi-billionaire and now a stolen Super Bowl ring... I get the feeling that the sports he cares about are Judo, Sambo, biathlon and other Winter sports - not American Football.

blues
02-08-2018, 10:56 AM
Yep. With our Foreign Policy a Satan ICBM shall visit many of us.

Look inward; look at the crap going on in our government and it's been going on for a century.

Perhaps things are not as you've been taught.

I respect any man who stands up to the Globalist Elite. And Putin has been standing strong for some time now.

Mjolnir, I don't need a civics lesson...nor a policy lesson. I'm well aware, probably much better than most, of our shortcomings on any number of levels in the international (and domestic) spheres.

That doesn't mean I have to admire the opposition. Giving them respect for their capability is a separate issue.

You give your respect where you feel it is warranted. I'll keep my own counsel in that regard. Not giving Putin an "attaboy" is not the same thing as endorsing (our own) leaders or policies I find odious.

critter
02-08-2018, 11:02 AM
Fuck Putin.

For me, it's all about stability and known quantities. The crook you know. The poetic justice delivered with a beet fiasco would certainly make things very interesting.

HCM
02-08-2018, 11:03 AM
Like much of the media here that is anti-everything not Globalist I know it's anti-Putin because MOST of what he speaks about is against the Neoliberal/Neoconservative unipolar control of the planet. You can call that "Globalism" or the "New World Order"; it doesn't really matter.

So all manner of stories (lies) will be concocted about him. They'd lie on you if you took his place and continued his policies.

I've read he's a multi-billionaire and now a stolen Super Bowl ring... I get the feeling that the sports he cares about are Judo, Sambo, biathlon and other Winter sports - not American Football.

You’re missing the point. He didn’t take the ring because he cares about football he did it because he could.

Putin was old school KGB and it comes out sometimes. Another good example: the 2007 dog incident with German Chancellor Angela Merkel.

Merkel was visiting Putin at his presidential residence in Sochi to discuss energy trade. Putin, aware of Merkel's well-known fear of dogs, as a result of a childhood dog attack waited until the press gathered in the room, then called for his black Labrador to be sent in. The Russian president watched as the dog sniffed at Merkel, who sat frozen in fear.

It’s just who he is. Reference my shark comment above. How do you say Honey Badger in Russian ?

Mjolnir
02-08-2018, 12:06 PM
You’re missing the point. He didn’t take the ring because he cares about football he did it because he could.

Putin was old school KGB and it comes out sometimes. Another good example: the 2007 dog incident with German Chancellor Angela Merkel.

Merkel was visiting Putin at his presidential residence in Sochi to discuss energy trade. Putin, aware of Merkel's well-known fear of dogs, as a result of a childhood dog attack waited until the press gathered in the room, then called for his black Labrador to be sent in. The Russian president watched as the dog sniffed at Merkel, who sat frozen in fear.

It’s just who he is. Reference my shark comment above. How do you say Honey Badger in Russian ?

I got your point but I think you may have missed mine: he'll NEVER get good press on the West.

Read Brzezinski and Mackinder and it will be glaringly obvious.

critter
02-08-2018, 12:28 PM
I got your point but I think you may have missed mine: he'll NEVER get good press on the West.

That's a given. Anyone who is in line with what the US wants gets good press. Anyone who isn't, doesn't. That doesn't mean he's free of some seriously nefarious traits and history. Anyone who rises to the top in Russia, under past or current conditions, did not and will not have done so based on pristine character and sound policy.

He's a known factor. He's stable. He's good for Russia on the world stage. He puts Russia first in that regard. He's not good for open, critical journalism. He's not good for anything he perceives as a threat to power.

Mjolnir
02-08-2018, 02:01 PM
That's a given. Anyone who is in line with what the US wants gets good press. Anyone who isn't, doesn't. That doesn't mean he's free of some seriously nefarious traits and history. Anyone who rises to the top in Russia, under past or current conditions, did not and will not have done so based on pristine character and sound policy.

He's a known factor. He's stable. He's good for Russia on the world stage. He puts Russia first in that regard. He's not good for open, critical journalism. He's not good for anything he perceives as a threat to power.

Anyone who rises to power in the US (or any nation) will nor do so based upon stellar character, either. Big Money Interests support their candidates and support the media to support their candidate.

Conspiracy?

Call it what one wishes; it is what it is.

And it's a shame.

HCM
02-08-2018, 03:30 PM

I agree he will never get good press in the West, but that is a given because he is, what he is: the archetype of a Russian "strongman" leader. As such doesn't care about good press in the West. Good press in the west may eve be a negative to him. You're talking about a guy for whom being a Russian, in Russia is the best damn thing in the world.

OlongJohnson
02-08-2018, 07:12 PM
Because the mods here are shit,

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?24406-the-purpose-of-pistol-forum-com&p=707499&viewfull=1#post707499

critter
02-08-2018, 07:39 PM
^^^^ Must be a Russian Hacker Bot Agent Operative!