PDA

View Full Version : SIG ROMEO 4M (M-Spec)

Unobtanium
02-06-2018, 05:27 AM
Specifically, regarding the M-spec model (and no other, for the sake of this discussion). Is this optic on par with the T/H 2 series from Aimpoint? Or did t he FBI get a bean-counter to make a decision, or is this the bone they are throwing SIG for the 320 situation, or is it legit as good (or better?)?

GJM
02-06-2018, 07:50 AM
Is the M even still available?

I think the honest answer is nobody knows how these will perform over the long term as they haven’t been out long enough to develop an in use history. My experience is that I dropped a 4 on the floor when mounting it, and it cracked the lens, rendering it useless. Took Sig 4 months to replace it.

Wayne Dobbs
02-06-2018, 08:34 AM
It's a Holosun product manufactured in China and assembled in CA to make it "Made in the USA" to squeak by Fed contract/purchasing requirements. Remember the immortal words of Pat Rogers: "Buy cheap, cry twice"

BigT
02-06-2018, 10:01 AM
As a general rule, if the question is "is this product as good as Product X" you should just be buying Product X right from the get go.

HCM
02-06-2018, 11:03 AM
Is the M even still available?

I think the honest answer is nobody knows how these will perform over the long term as they haven’t been out long enough to develop an in use history. My experience is that I dropped a 4 on the floor when mounting it, and it cracked the lens, rendering it useless. Took Sig 4 months to replace it.

No. SIG discontinued the 4M.

HCM
02-06-2018, 11:05 AM
It's a Holosun product manufactured in China and assembled in CA to make it "Made in the USA" to squeak by Fed contract/purchasing requirements. Remember the immortal words of Pat Rogers: "Buy cheap, cry twice"

The bottom of the 4M’s are marked “designed in Oregon - Assembled in USA.” Between this, and the striking similarity between the Romeo 4M and the Holosun “Military” model I have no doubt you are correct.

Wayne Dobbs
02-06-2018, 11:19 AM
The bottom of the 4M’s are marked “designed in Oregon - Assembled in USA.” Between this, and the striking similarity between the Romeo 4M and the Holosun “Military” model I have no doubt you are correct.

I stand corrected on that one! Isn't OR just northern CA anyway?

HCM
02-06-2018, 11:21 AM
I stand corrected on that one! Isn't OR just northern CA anyway?

Unfortunately it’s going that way. My understanding is SIGs optics team are former Leupold employees, hence Oregon.