PDA

View Full Version : RMR or Aimpoint T1 for 1301T What size moa?

GOTURBACK
02-04-2018, 03:39 PM
I have my new 1301T coming together nicely, planning on adding an rmr or aimpoint, I wanted to ask what the benefits of each may be and what moa would be best for the shotgun? I have never used a red dot on a defensive shotgun but I was thinking that because it will only be used inside of 100 yards and speed of acquisition is important a larger recticle\dot would be appropriate, I read that Gabriel Suarez used a 12 moa triangle rmr.
What has worked well for others?

SeriousStudent
02-04-2018, 05:01 PM
Just my personal opinion, but I run Aimpoint 4MOA H1's on my shotguns. The 4 MOA dot works well for precision shots with slugs. If you crank up the brightness, it blooms a fair bit for close-up work with buckshot.

Also, you can usually pick up a used one for a really reasonable price. A fair number of people want "the latest and greatest", and I have bought their used H1 for under $400.

Hope that helps.

GOTURBACK
02-04-2018, 06:01 PM
I had been looking at the H1 4moa, wanted to see if anyone prefers the rmr it seems to have a more open window with a greater choice of moa. I don't know if one of them other is better for someone who has an astigmatism some dots appear to look like comma's to me.

Erick Gelhaus
02-05-2018, 12:08 AM
If I found a 4MOA H1 at a decent price I'd jump on it for that role.

SpyderMan2k4
02-15-2018, 06:13 AM
getting more time with both, I certainly wouldn't go 12moa... I've used 2moa and 4moa dots on 1301s and at these distances, I can't notice a difference in speed.

I've been working with RMRs lately (3.25 moa) and like them. I wouldn't say I like them any more or less than an aimpoint micro, but you can still find type 1s for around $350 brand new, so that's nice.

I personally haven't found any objective or subjective difference.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk