PDA

View Full Version : Beets are disgusting dirt boogers - agree, or explain your incorrect opinion

Greg
02-04-2018, 09:35 AM
It seems like these vile excuses for vegetables are becoming more popular. Why?

GuanoLoco
02-04-2018, 09:38 AM
They taste like dirt and are therefore supposed to be good for you.

If they tasted good they would be bad for you.

I put themn in the same camp at Tilapia (mexican bream) and most farm pond catfish.

mtnbkr
02-04-2018, 10:01 AM
I like them in small doses. They're good roasted with balsamic vinegar. Just don't eat a lot or the next day you may be rushing to your doctor with visions of colon "issues" in your head. :eek:

Chris

Cookie Monster
02-04-2018, 10:04 AM
They are the new Kale for some reason. I’ve got “concerned” too many times post beet festival to indulge anymore.

Mike C
02-04-2018, 10:07 AM
They are tasty. Don't whine and eat your vegetables. :p All joking aside try skinning them, then boil them, mix them with a vinaigrette and eat them that way. The vinaigrette needs to be thick though. I never liked beats until I had them that way. If your feeling fancy look up Verrine betterave rouge, there are many recipes and mixtures with beats and they are nothing short of amazing if done correctly. Now that I am thinking about it I wish I could import my sister-in-law too as she is one bad ass Chef, anyone who could make beats as palatable as she is an amazing Chef. Damn I love French cuisine.

El Cid
02-04-2018, 10:19 AM
https://s3.amazonaws.com/secretsaucefiles/photos/images/000/111/669/large/dwight-feature-1.jpg?1485382587

GMSweet
02-04-2018, 10:21 AM
I had them for the first time two years ago and have slowly incorporated more root vegetables into my diet and cooking. I was introduced to them by my mother-in-law who has numerous health issues that are improved by eating a Paleo/Auto Immune Protocol (AIP) diet. I imagine that the rise in popularity of the Paleo/AIP types of diets is responsible for this thread.

Oh yeah, and don't forget to try the jicama.

blues
02-04-2018, 10:54 AM
https://youtu.be/ZuJHx1yplIM

...and the mods eat beets!!!

;)

Clusterfrack
02-04-2018, 11:02 AM
You’re just cooking them wrong. Cube the beets, add salt and olive oil. Spread on a baking sheet. Convection bake at 400 until edges brown. They are like candy.

NETim
02-04-2018, 11:05 AM
Pickled beets are to die for.

txdpd
02-04-2018, 11:06 AM
I like them in small doses. They're good roasted with balsamic vinegar. Just don't eat a lot or the next day you may be rushing to your doctor with visions of colon "issues" in your head. :eek:

Chris

I juice them occasionally, not bad with a little apple.

Always good to give someone new to juicing a heavy dose of beets and not explain the red phenomena.

Artemas2
02-04-2018, 11:38 AM
beets + butter + salt & pepper = win

OlongJohnson
02-04-2018, 11:48 AM
The only good thing to come from a beat is sugar, if it's a sugar beat.

LSP552
02-04-2018, 12:09 PM
You’re just cooking them wrong. Cube the beets, add salt and olive oil. Spread on a baking sheet. Convection bake at 400 until edges brown. They are like candy.

I’m going to break my own rule of talking about stuff I don’t have personal experience with.

But that MUST be wrong! :D

Clusterfrack
02-04-2018, 12:13 PM
I’m going to break my own rule of talking about stuff I don’t have personal experience with.

But that MUST be wrong! :D

I know, it's hard to believe. I didn't like beets before trying them like this, and I still don't like beets any other way.

Poconnor
02-04-2018, 12:16 PM
If you haven’t tried roasted beets your missing something good. Skin them, cube, olive oil , salt and roast on a pan. Awesome. Another example of tastes changing as you grow older. ( I did not say grow up because most of my friends do not consider me grown up. I always point out that is why we ask children what to you want to do when you grow up ? But then we change it to being an adult)

Another pan roasted awesome is roasted Brussel sprout with thick cut bacon.

TheNewbie
02-04-2018, 12:17 PM
Bears, beats, Battlestar Galactica.

orionz06
02-04-2018, 12:21 PM
Beets are awesome.

MGW
02-04-2018, 12:31 PM
Give beets a chance.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180204/89db95bc8765ace5910362c18943f1c5.jpeg

blues
02-04-2018, 12:33 PM
When I was a kid, my exposure to beets, (other than borscht on the rare occasion we found ourselves somewhere that served it, and it was a novelty for us), was this:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51RUQ-OWKZL.jpg

These would result in an automatic gag reflex at the table which was generally met with threats of corporal punishment by at least one irate parent if I didn't eat what was on my plate.

I wouldn't wish those seeds of satan on anyone! (Well, almost anyone.)

The rest of you new-agers can go back to your hippie communes now! ;)

OlongJohnson
02-04-2018, 12:42 PM
These would result in an automatic gag reflex at the table which was generally met with threats of corporal punishment by at least one irate parent if I didn't eat what was on my plate.

This experience is a vivid part of my childhood memories. My mom still believes I don't like vegetables, even when I'm in the middle of eating a salad in front of her.

Clusterfrack
02-04-2018, 12:43 PM
Borscht. Ugh. That stuff is nasty. Add some gefilte fish and pickled herring, and you’ve got a little Jewish kid’s worst nightmare.

peterb
02-04-2018, 12:52 PM
There's some evidence that beet juice can help athletic performance. That's one reason for the recent increase in popularity.
https://www.trainingpeaks.com/blog/using-beet-juice-to-improve-performance/
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5295087/

blues
02-04-2018, 12:53 PM
Borscht. Ugh. That stuff is nasty. Add some gefilte fish and you’ve got a little Jewish kid’s worst nightmare.

I'd eat borscht all day, every day and twice on Sunday to avoid gefilte fish. Who thinks up this stuff? It's like penance for original sin.

I mean, I come from relatively modest means...but the food the poor Mediterranean, (Sicilian, Greek), relations prepared was WAAAAY better, (by and large), than the stuff from the Eastern European side (except for blintzes and such which I loved).

I've had borscht on the lower east side of Manhattan at Eastern European (Ukrainian et al) restaurants that freshly prepared was actually not objectionable, and dare I say it?, good. Otherwise, beets be damned!

wvincent
02-04-2018, 12:56 PM
Borscht is the only way I can stomach beets, with a health dose of sour cream mixed in.

Pickled? Roasted? Out of a can? Ain't happening.

Not even a Mod should have to eat that sh*t!

peterb
02-04-2018, 12:56 PM
Borscht. Ugh. That stuff is nasty. Add some gefilte fish and pickled herring, and you’ve got a little Jewish kid’s worst nightmare.

I'm with you on the borscht and gefilte fish, but I will happily devour pickled herring.

Eastex
02-04-2018, 01:10 PM
Ballroom dancing and beets..... I knew a lot of y’all owned HKs but I didn’t know y’all were this high falutin’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnO
02-04-2018, 01:28 PM
When I was a kid, my exposure to beets, (other than borscht on the rare occasion we found ourselves somewhere that served it, and it was a novelty for us), was this:

Wow! My experiences are quite similar. As a kid and still to this day the thought of consuming beets turns my stomach. Anything on my plate that was contaminated by reddish beet juice (excrement) was rendered unfit for human consumption. Mashed potatoes were extremely vulnerable to beet poisoning. Better Dead that Red!

Hambo
02-04-2018, 01:33 PM
You’re just cooking them wrong.

And fried monkey/iguana/sewer rat tastes like chicken if you fix it right. You might get some people to buy that, but not this boy.

No, they're not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2LZrmIxCCw

Totem Polar
02-04-2018, 01:57 PM

Once again, blues beet me to it...

:)

Seriously, I still hate beets. And, JohnO, LoL at mashed potato poisoning. God’s own truth, right there.

peterb
02-04-2018, 02:25 PM
https://www.humann.com/products/beetelite/

"BeetElite is the choice of health conscious athletes, who focus on performance from nutrition and foods to stimulate Nitric Oxide. One recommended serving of BeetElite is the Nitric Oxide equivalent of six whole beets and helps the body promote:

Extended exercise endurance
Improved energy and stamina
Increased oxygen delivery in the body"

I think this is the reason you're seeing more beet juices and smoothies. If you search on "beets athletic performance" you'll find a lot of articles promoting beet juice for endurance athletes.

"The beet juice revolution among endurance athletes has roots in a 2009 study done by Exeter University in the United Kingdom. Its findings were pretty simple: drinking regular beet juice increased blood nitrate levels and reduced resting blood pressure.

Also, and perhaps more importantly for runners, it reduced oxygen consumption during moderate running and increased time to exhaustion by 15 percent."

Lex Luthier
02-04-2018, 02:34 PM

Same for me until I was 21 and a then-girlfriend took me to a Franco-Russian restaurant in Berkeley CA.
The roasted beets were a revelation. I never liked the canned variety until then- now I hate them.

We make a bunch of different beet dishes here, but roasted with olive oil and sea salt is a staple.

ragnar_d
02-04-2018, 02:45 PM
This. I grew up on pickled beets and love 'em. the wife thinks they're disgusting.

And roasted/grilled are awesome. Can't wait to get my own garden started and I'll have my own fresh ones to pickle and roast.

Bigghoss
02-04-2018, 02:50 PM
You're doing it wrong. Preheat your oven to 325, puree the beats and flush them down the toilet where they belong, put a pizza in the oven for 12-15 minutes, serve with beer.

blues
02-04-2018, 02:53 PM
You're doing it wrong. Preheat your oven to 325, puree the beats and flush them down the toilet where they belong, put a pizza in the oven for 12-15 minutes, serve with beer.

Ding, ding, ding, ding!!! We have a winner!

Bigghoss
02-04-2018, 02:59 PM
Alternatively, force feed them to your worst enemies until they beg for sweet, sweet, death. Which should take only a tiny amount because those things are horrible.

Joe in PNG
02-04-2018, 02:59 PM
A slice of pickled beetroot, and a fried egg are an essential part of an Aussie style hamburger.
In fact, one of the best hamburgers in the world is the Lae Yacht Club "Lot" burger- a half pound beef patty with beet, fried egg, fried onions, bacon, tomato, and lettuce.

blues
02-04-2018, 03:04 PM
A slice of pickled beetroot, and a fried egg are an essential part of an Aussie style hamburger.
In fact, one of the best hamburgers in the world is the Lae Yacht Club "Lot" burger- a half pound beef patty with beet, fried egg, fried onions, bacon, tomato, and lettuce.

I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt because you're a good guy and you've been living abroad long enough to have become confused...though for the most part that burger does sound pretty good...

...It's sad that you need all those added flavors and ingredients, however, just to overcome that bit of beet! ;)

Greg
02-04-2018, 03:12 PM

If Kim Jong Un nukes Australia I'll remember this culinary crime against humanity as I watch the retaliatory strike fly overhead.

Joe in PNG
02-04-2018, 03:19 PM
If Kim Jong Un nukes Australia I'll remember this culinary crime against humanity as I watch the retaliatory strike fly overhead.

Most people look at Vegemite as Australia's main contribution to culinary crimes against humanity.

Clusterfrack
02-04-2018, 03:22 PM
Most people look at Vegemite as Australia's main contribution to culinary crimes against humanity.

I agree. Vegemite is the Kraft of 'mites. The good stuff is British Marmite. NZ Marmite is ok too.

Joe in PNG
02-04-2018, 03:26 PM
I agree. Vegemite is the Kraft of 'mites. The good stuff is British Marmite. NZ Marmite is ok too.

The Aussies won't touch Marmite unless there is no Vegemite available. Kiwis won't touch Vegemite unless the Marmite stock is out.

JAD
02-04-2018, 03:34 PM
I grew up growing, pickling, canning, roasting, borschting, and juicing them. Duck dinner, with dumplings dipped in the duck fat, ain’t right without beets.

blues
02-04-2018, 03:38 PM
http://wwwcdn.scriptmag.com/wp-content/uploads/beetlejuice.jpeg

"Mmmm...beets!"

critter
02-04-2018, 03:49 PM

I have to concur with the sentiment you've expressed.. god, I hate beets... As a kid, I ran into one juicy looking bright red thing at a buffet somewhere causing serious trauma requiring years of therapy I didn't receive - so the hatred continues.

Hatred, that is, until I met a Ukrainian woman who conned me into trying "traditional Ukrainian soup." I was sceptical as hell, especially after she thwapped a glob of sour cream on top. Borshch (red, that is) is the magical purification of beets into an edible form. It's actually quite delicious. Green borshch is the spawn of satan, but red... that's something else entirely. Beets purified through the Borshch methodology are delicious. Still won't eat them any other way though.

peterb
02-04-2018, 04:04 PM
“The beet is the most intense of vegetables. The radish, admittedly, is more feverish, but the fire of the radish is a cold fire, the fire of discontent not of passion. Tomatoes are lusty enough, yet there runs through tomatoes an undercurrent of frivolity. Beets are deadly serious.

Slavic peoples get their physical characteristics from potatoes, their smoldering inquietude from radishes, their seriousness from beets.

The beet is the melancholy vegetable, the one most willing to suffer. You can't squeeze blood out of a turnip...

The beet is the murderer returned to the scene of the crime. The beet is what happens when the cherry finishes with the carrot. The beet is the ancient ancestor of the autumn moon, bearded, buried, all but fossilized; the dark green sails of the grounded moon-boat stitched with veins of primordial plasma; the kite string that once connected the moon to the Earth now a muddy whisker drilling desperately for rubies.

The beet was Rasputin's favorite vegetable. You could see it in his eyes.”
― Tom Robbins, Jitterbug Perfume

blues
02-04-2018, 04:08 PM
...― Tom Robbins, Jitterbug Perfume

Well, Tom Robbins also liked girls with abnormally long thumbs...so...I'm not necessarily buying it. ;)

Lex Luthier
02-04-2018, 06:41 PM
https://vimeo.com/73040763

Crazy Dane
02-04-2018, 08:08 PM
I love me some root crop veggies. Beets, turnips, rutabaga, carrots, etc., but beets top the chart. Its already been hit on but roasted beets are good and I can eat a whole jar of pickled beets standing at the fridge. The Libbys canned beets are for when you are really hungry, well any canned food fits that bill though.

Drang
02-05-2018, 01:11 AM
The wife can't eat beets... red ones.
Golden beets, she can handle.
Her pickled golden beets... are to die for.

Still, as in all such threads, my answer is always "De gustibus non est disputandum (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_gustibus_non_est_disputandum)."

mtnbkr
02-05-2018, 12:47 PM
Due to this thread,this ad appeared in my Facebook feed:

Chris

JohnO
02-05-2018, 12:51 PM
This Eagles fan was probably offered Beets. Yet he chose differently!

Disgusting moment Eagles fan eats HORSE POO(rather than Beets. as Super Bowl celebrations descend into chaos in Philadelphia

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5352643/Disgusting-moment-Eagles-fan-eats-HORSE-EXCREMENT.html#ixzz56G0ooF8T
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5352643/Disgusting-moment-Eagles-fan-eats-HORSE-EXCREMENT.html

NEPAKevin
02-06-2018, 01:08 PM
I'm surprised that no-one mentioned: http://www.thefiberofmybeing.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/074.jpg

orionz06
02-06-2018, 01:12 PM
I'm surprised that no-one mentioned: http://www.thefiberofmybeing.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/074.jpg

Also very good.

JHC
02-06-2018, 06:14 PM
Beets, Brussels sprouts or a bullet . . . . .

Greg
02-06-2018, 08:17 PM
Beets, Brussels sprouts or a bullet . . . . .

What caliber? I may take my chances.

peterb
02-06-2018, 10:53 PM
Brussels sprouts boiled are the cafeteria food from hell. But blanched and sauteed with butter and onions? Different story.

NEPAKevin
02-07-2018, 04:09 PM
Isn't there a rule that if you don't like something, you haven't put enough bacon on it?

frozentundra
02-07-2018, 05:28 PM
Pickled beets are a goodness.

Shoresy
02-07-2018, 06:28 PM
Isn't there a rule that if you don't like something, you haven't put enough bacon on it?

Why would you fuck up perfectly good bacon with the Rosie O'Donnell of vegetables?

Hemiram
02-08-2018, 06:35 AM
I hate a LOT of things, so it should be no shock that beets are on the "No, hell no!" list, along with a ton of other stuff. My dad loved borscht, and actually paid me to take a spoonful of the rotten stuff. Awful. I don't understand how anyone can eat them, no matter how doctored up they are. I can do broccolli ok, peas too, lettuce of several kinds, not that bitter stuff, carrots (Raw only, I hate cooked ones), but other than that, I can't take any other vegetables. Anything in the gourd family is a "NO!". But then again, I'm super picky and I'm sure a lot of you would be shocked to look at me and find out all the stuff I won't eat. Here is a short list, incomplete, but hits most of the major ones:

Tomatoes: The devil's testicles as far as I'm concerned. I hated them before I could talk.
Cheese, and basically all dairy: Ranges from mildly repelled by (Skim milk) to totally repulsed by (Most cheese and Sour Cream).
Basically I'm revolted by anything white and creamy.
Tartar sauce: If it's on anything, it's trash.
Mayo. Yuck.
Yeah, that means no Pizza or anything with cheese and tomatoes in it. Gross.
Ranch dressing: NOTHING IS AS REVOLTING AS IT IS! Just the smell makes me gag.
Poultry: I just don't understand it's appeal. Same goes for "white meat" Pork. I'll pass. If it's fried, OK, but I would rather have Beef or Fish, it's always good, except for the fish below.
Fish: No Tuna, Trout, or Salmon. Most other fish, I like a lot. Shrimp, Crab, Lobster, etc, oh yeah, I like!
Coffee. I just don't understand what there is to like about it. Nasty bitter, and just bad tasting.
There's more, but this is the main stuff.

mtnbkr
02-08-2018, 08:21 AM
I hate a LOT of things, so it should be no shock that beets are on the "No, hell no!" list, along with a ton of other stuff. My dad loved borscht, and actually paid me to take a spoonful of the rotten stuff. Awful. I don't understand how anyone can eat them, no matter how doctored up they are. I can do broccolli ok, peas too, lettuce of several kinds, not that bitter stuff, carrots (Raw only, I hate cooked ones), but other than that, I can't take any other vegetables. Anything in the gourd family is a "NO!". But then again, I'm super picky and I'm sure a lot of you would be shocked to look at me and find out all the stuff I won't eat. Here is a short list, incomplete, but hits most of the major ones:

Tomatoes: The devil's testicles as far as I'm concerned. I hated them before I could talk.
Cheese, and basically all dairy: Ranges from mildly repelled by (Skim milk) to totally repulsed by (Most cheese and Sour Cream).
Basically I'm revolted by anything white and creamy.
Tartar sauce: If it's on anything, it's trash.
Mayo. Yuck.
Yeah, that means no Pizza or anything with cheese and tomatoes in it. Gross.
Ranch dressing: NOTHING IS AS REVOLTING AS IT IS! Just the smell makes me gag.
Poultry: I just don't understand it's appeal. Same goes for "white meat" Pork. I'll pass. If it's fried, OK, but I would rather have Beef or Fish, it's always good, except for the fish below.
Fish: No Tuna, Trout, or Salmon. Most other fish, I like a lot. Shrimp, Crab, Lobster, etc, oh yeah, I like!
Coffee. I just don't understand what there is to like about it. Nasty bitter, and just bad tasting.
There's more, but this is the main stuff.

The door's over there --->

:D

So, it might be easier for you to list what you DO eat.

Chris

Clobbersaurus
02-08-2018, 08:38 AM
Mods are beets. :cool:

I actually like beets quite a lot. Pickled on mashed potatoes is a favorite!

Crazy Dane
02-08-2018, 11:59 AM
I have learned that real picky eaters fall into 2 categories. The first one is that they have never been hungry. I m not talking about missed lunch hungry but the ones that would chase a cockroach through a cesspool hungry. The second group are the ones that survived on boiled turnips from months on end and would suck start a .357 before they would ever eat another one. There is not a whole lot out there I wouldn't eat, there is a few things I prefer not to eat, such as lima beans. This is because I have been hungry and I will never forget the smell of limas cooking. Today I am fortunate and have been for a really long time now but I realize that it could all change tomorrow.

Joe in PNG
02-08-2018, 05:05 PM
The second group are the ones that survived on boiled turnips from months on end and would suck start a .357 before they would ever eat another one. There is not a whole lot out there I wouldn't eat, there is a few things I prefer not to eat, such as lima beans. This is because I have been hungry and I will never forget the smell of limas cooking. Today I am fortunate and have been for a really long time now but I realize that it could all change tomorrow.

Went through a month long power outage over here, and basically survived on canned adobo tuna and rice. Can't stand it now.

Clusterfrack
02-08-2018, 05:12 PM
Yup. This is why I hate watermelon. Once had to use watermelons to not die of thirst.

Hemiram
02-12-2018, 01:56 AM
The door's over there --->

:D

So, it might be easier for you to list what you DO eat.

Chris

Probably would. But I'm not nearly the pickiest person I know of. I used to work with a guy who made me seem like a "foodie". He was limited to about 3 things. Burgers, mashed potatoes, and carrots, lots of carrots.

I am the very definition of a Supertaster. I don't like anything bitter at all. I can tolerate drinking straight lemon juice (Sour is not a big deal), but coffee is like poison to me.

I made it clear about a lot of the stuff I hate long before I could talk. I've been remarkably consistent in my hates. I've never suddenly started eating something that I previously found revolting. My first, worst hate, tomato anything, was clear to everyone but my mother, who continued to shove spaghetti with sauce on it into my mouth, even after my dad, grandmother, sister and others told her it was obvious I didn't like the sauce. A phone call keeping her from putting the sauce on it until I had already shoved the plain noodles down finally made the light come on. My tossing it against the wall, screaming, "NO!", spitting it out, turning my head away and squirming in the high chair, well, none of that seemed to make her understand how much I hate tomatoes. Ranch dressing is something I had only seen on TV when I was a kid, I never saw it in person until I was in my late 30's, and I have to admit, it makes tomatoes seem almost good in comparison. It's my "ultimate nightmare" as far as food goes. I have many other "nightmare" stuff, but Ranch is just the worst.

I firmly believe that my dairy repulsion has allowed me to be a very overweight old guy without any sugar issues. Along with no diabetes, I can eat anything I want, no matter how greasy or spicy it is, without any stomach issues. Unlike virtually all of my friends of similar age.

scjbash
02-13-2018, 06:52 PM

We tried this with dinner today. You and I clearly have different ideas about candy. ;)

I can't really say they sucked, but I wouldn't call them good either. They were just kind of there.

blues
02-13-2018, 07:02 PM
We tried this with dinner today. You and I clearly have different ideas about candy. ;)

I can't really say they sucked, but I wouldn't call them good either. They were just kind of there.

Sounds like Trump referring to undocumented vegetables. ;)

Kukuforguns
02-13-2018, 08:54 PM
I tried to find a video of someone shooting a beet. No dice.

Beets are yummy if you prepare them yourself.
Roasted beets julienned with a dressing of sour cream and horse radish = A+
Pickled turnips with a couple of pieces of beet to turn them pink = A+
Borscht = B+
Roasted beets drizzled with olive oil and kosher salt = A

blues
02-13-2018, 09:13 PM
Beets should come in these containers so there's no confusion...

https://www.absorbentsonline.com/images/biohazard-waste-containers-red-lrg.png

Clusterfrack
02-13-2018, 10:16 PM

You might need better beets? I've had some that were meh and others that were sweet and tasty.

scjbash
02-13-2018, 11:10 PM
You might need better beets? I've had some that were meh and others that were sweet and tasty.

Could be. They definitely weren't sweet. Didn't really have much flavor at all. I'll find some from somewhere else and try again.

Greg
06-02-2018, 10:26 PM
Well the poll closed and the results clearly indicated that beets suck and are not fit for even Rosie O'Diesel to eat.

Jay Cunningham
06-02-2018, 10:29 PM
Beets are awful.

RevolverRob
06-02-2018, 10:52 PM
I saw some radish hate up thread.

Radishes are amazing; pickled, roasted, baked, raw. Cooked with butter, onions, and carrots? That's like heaven on a plate.

But for some reason, my wife can never cook vegetables without fucking them up. I'm not sure what the deal is, but she always over cooks them or roasts them.

Bigghoss
06-02-2018, 11:02 PM

Radishes taste like unwashed hobo testicles.

FIFY

Cypher
06-03-2018, 12:02 AM

My wife can stew the Hell out of some Beets.

Bigghoss
06-03-2018, 02:16 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ized1XMRp_I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voVY3-Xe8KY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGVRDjaykh8

Cypher
06-03-2018, 05:31 AM
FIFY

Just curious how did you get the data for your comparison? Please be SPECIFIC

revchuck38
06-03-2018, 05:32 AM
Radishes taste like unwashed hobo testicles.

I am amazed, Sir, at the breadth of your experience.

Bigghoss
06-03-2018, 05:37 AM
Just curious how did you get the data for your comparison? Please be SPECIFIC

I am amazed, Sir, at the breadth of your experience.

https://pics.me.me/cocaines-a-hell-of-a-drug-9p-24520327.png

Crazy Dane
06-03-2018, 06:39 PM

Radishes are amazing; pickled, roasted, baked, raw. Cooked with butter, onions, and carrots? That's like heaven on a plate.

But for some reason, my wife can never cook vegetables without fucking them up. I'm not sure what the deal is, but she always over cooks them or roasts them.

I too love me some radishes but speak to me more about this^ What have I been missing my whole life?