PDA

View Full Version : Walther PPS sight options

matman
01-31-2012, 04:07 PM
Ok I've not seen it addressed so I thought I'd ask. What are some good aftermarket sighting options available on the walther PPS? I would like something similar to the Sevigny Series by Warren Tactical with a Tritium front sight. I read somewhere (can't remember now where) that the PPS will accept Glock front sights. How would a Glock Sevigny Series front match up to standard Walther Rear sights for this type setup? Does anyone already make this option or something similar available? Is this something a custom shop could do? I love the gun just prefer to have tritium sights on my serious carry guns since I wind up out at night a good bit.

Thanks

guymontag
02-01-2012, 11:05 AM
Ok I've not seen it addressed so I thought I'd ask. What are some good aftermarket sighting options available on the walther PPS? I would like something similar to the Sevigny Series by Warren Tactical with a Tritium front sight. I read somewhere (can't remember now where) that the PPS will accept Glock front sights. How would a Glock Sevigny Series front match up to standard Walther Rear sights for this type setup? Does anyone already make this option or something similar available? Is this something a custom shop could do? I love the gun just prefer to have tritium sights on my serious carry guns since I wind up out at night a good bit.

Thanks

Your options are limited to Meprolight, XS Sights, and Walther factory metal sights. I've researced sight options for the Walther P99, and I know the P99 and the PPS are dimensionally similar regarding sights.

A few threads on Walther forum discuss installation of the Glock front sights for the P99; there may be threads that discuss it for the PPS. I believe a Sevigny sight too tall (.215) for the factory rear based on my sight measurement of the P99 (.177) and handling the PPS in person. A custom shop may be able to fabricate a rear sight that would match a taller front, or install a tritium lamp into a metal front sight (Tool Tech).

I yearn for Sevigny or Ameriglo sights for the PPS/P99/PPQ set of pistols.

mrozowjj
03-10-2012, 07:48 PM
I'm thinking about buying a PPS for the hell of it and the lack of good sights is a bit of let down. I wish where was better options.

matman
03-11-2012, 12:42 AM
I don't know how buyt I missed the first reply on here. Thanks lot bro. That's what I seem to have discovered myself. Im thinking I'll go with the Meprolight options unless something better comes out in the near future. I have recently painted the front sight blaze orange which makes a big difference to me picking it up in various lighting. Hopefully I can add a tritium set and paint it up here soon.

The pistol on another note has proven to be one of my all time favorite handguns! Ran a few hundred rounds through it today under the instruction of a friend. My only issue was simply not having more then 3 mags for now. That's sufficient for carry, but I'd prefer to have a few more mags for training just to make things a bit more fluid and allow less mag loading from string to string during classes. I'd reccomend have 6-10 mags to REALLY be able to keep pace with a good handgun class and the typical Glock/S&W/high cap pistols we see a lot now. But I digress...

lamarieves
03-27-2012, 06:26 PM
I use XS sights on a 9 and a 40--shoots great as a combat sight--PPS is very accurate--

vaglocker
03-27-2012, 07:23 PM
I just got some fluorescent orange paint and painted the front dot

guymontag
03-30-2012, 01:30 PM
I should also mention Hi-Viz manufactures a redesigned fiber optic front sight - square, serrated, with a recessed "litepipe". It's listed as working for the PPS, P99, and PPQ. I have one on order for my P99.

A Dawson Precision Glock tritium front sight may work for your purpose. One option is listed at a height of .195 inch, and I believe a #4 factory Walther front is .180 inch. POI/POA would slightly change unless minor filing was done on the bottom of the front sight. It's also thinner which may make it more like the competition sights. I'd suggest making the measurements and a bit of research prior to any purchase. It depends on how far you want to take this.

I actually fit a 1911 Novak sight to the rear Walther dovetail, however I haven't tested it and I don't know if I will.

On another note, a supporting vendor on the Walther forum is currently researching and developing sights, with input from the forum members, for the P99/PPQ which should work for the PPS. However there is no projected timeline as it is his hobby, not his main occupation.

Butch857
10-27-2012, 12:17 PM

Thanks

MEPROLT WLTHR PPS FIXED SET, these are Tritium sights and work great, if you have difficulty finding a set just send me an email, I have a small shop and can get you a set..